Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

WarbirdHD wrote:New question!
If any of the devs (Such as you, Aura, or Suriko, etc.) Could write a different route, such as say... A Natsume route, who would it star? I personally would do a Naomi route.
(Fanfiction!)
I dunno. If I had to write a whole new route, I'd probably come up with a new character for it. Or do Saki route, as per that april fools joke.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

I guess this is directed to Suriko; I've been watching Cowboy Bebop recently, and in one episode, Spike happens upon a young blind woman who invites him to drink tea. She has a very motherly sort of relationship to another character, who gave her a music box that is of great significance to the plot. The episode ends in the hospital.

Homage? Inspiration? Huge coincidence?

Oh, as a side note, the song Green Bird from Bebop was used in the Instafeels: Lilly Edition video. So I guess I'm not the only one who made that connection.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Aura wrote:
WarbirdHD wrote:New question!
If any of the devs (Such as you, Aura, or Suriko, etc.) Could write a different route, such as say... A Natsume route, who would it star? I personally would do a Naomi route.
(Fanfiction!)
I dunno. If I had to write a whole new route, I'd probably come up with a new character for it. Or do Saki route, as per that april fools joke.
If you'd write Saki's route, who'd write Rika?
Probably hivemind :lol:
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Sabin

Post by Sabin »

Heya there. Haven't been around in a while. I have a question, and I don't know if it has been answered before. If it has, I apologize. 200 pages is a lot to sift through.

I'm a big fan of the character Akira Satou, Lilly's older sister, and I'm curious as to what developer(s) are most responsible for the conception of and development of her.
Rikabro

Post by Rikabro »

Steinherz wrote:If you'd write Saki's route, who'd write Rika?
Silentcook was originally slated to so he'd be my guess.
Writer for Familiarity. I also have an anime blog.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Sabin wrote:Heya there. Haven't been around in a while. I have a question, and I don't know if it has been answered before. If it has, I apologize. 200 pages is a lot to sift through.

I'm a big fan of the character Akira Satou, Lilly's older sister, and I'm curious as to what developer(s) are most responsible for the conception of and development of her.
It's almost completely Suriko, since Akira was designed for Lilly path.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Rikabro wrote:
Steinherz wrote:If you'd write Saki's route, who'd write Rika?
Silentcook was originally slated to so he'd be my guess.
Yeah, let's go with this.
Sabin

Post by Sabin »

Aura wrote: It's almost completely Suriko, since Akira was designed for Lilly path.
Ahh. I figured that was most likely, but I didn't want to assume, given that Akira shows up in multiple routes.

Thank you.
WarbirdHD
Location: A place where all there is is blood, death, destruction, and rainbows.

Post by WarbirdHD »

Hmm.... let's go with this,
I'm asking a similar question to what TacticalBacon asked, were there any specific date sims that inspired KS? Like Amagami for example.
WarbirdHD out!
mav807

Post by mav807 »

WarbirdHD wrote:Hmm.... let's go with this,
I'm asking a similar question to what TacticalBacon asked, were there any specific date sims that inspired KS? Like Amagami for example.
On the website, it says that Katawa Shoujo was inspired by/started by/ the actual idea for it came from:
'an omake page from the doujin Schuppen Harnische by RAITA of doujin circle Zettai Shoujo, detailing character art for a dating sim he dubbed “Katawa Shoujo.”'
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

WarbirdHD wrote:Hmm.... let's go with this,
Like actual dating sims? No. A couple of visual novels had some influence (some people mix the two, or use the terms interchangeably, but it's important to realize the distinction)

Post by 234 »

In what sort of time frame should we expect to see 4LS release the Imperfect Spectrum digital edition?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

234 wrote:In what sort of time frame should we expect to see 4LS release the Imperfect Spectrum digital edition?
Christmas at the latest, maybe earlier.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

I realized that some of class 3-3's students were inspired from some animes (like Lelouch, Haruhiko), is the reason why dev team inspired them because they influenced their lives or they just wanted to name them so for the sake of humor?
Are there any other inspired characters apart from the ones that I counted above? Because I don't know of anyone other.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Erenussocrates wrote:I realized that some of class 3-3's students were inspired from some animes (like Lelouch, Haruhiko), is the reason why dev team inspired them because they influenced their lives or they just wanted to name them so for the sake of humor?
Are there any other inspired characters apart from the ones that I counted above? Because I don't know of anyone other.
Clearly, the artists are not creative enough to come up with ~15 original designs at once. Really though, they just thought it'd be funny. It was a big point of contention too, because about half of 4LS didn't like having cameos, and half did.

There's one other CG than the classroom one where you can find some cameos from anime, and one CG where there are a couple inside joke cameos.