Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TalismanTwelve

Re: Ask!

Post by TalismanTwelve »

Thank you for answering. My last question was going to be how all of you became involved in the project, but I realize now its been "sort of" answered in previous questions. Lilly Route is best route! ^_^ But the other writers did a great job too :) Thanks for the great stories and all the fun hype and art over the last 5-6 years! And for the Visual Novel, of course :D

Post by Guest »

Who wrote Kenji's scenes?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:Who wrote Kenji's scenes?
The path writers for each path. So if he appears in E path, Hivemind did, and if he appears in S path, A22 did. Same for all characters.

A22 basically set his personality though, and many of the scenes containing Kenji no matter the path were edited by A22 or at least run by him.
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

I know this is a hard-to-answer question (or maybe impossible), but what do you think kept 4LS together this entire time? I've seen a lot of internet projects come and go, but I rarely every see them come to complete fruition, especially on this sort of scale and professional quality. It must have taken an unshakable level or willpower and devotion.

Also, why are you guys so awesome?!

Post by Guest »

Hello! love all the work you guys do :)
what was the original date to release KS?
Souls

Post by Souls »

I know it is very early to ask, but do you guys have any will or plans to move onto another project? Would it be related to KS?
I know there is a good chance this was asked already, if so just ignore me. I'll find it at some point.
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

Souls wrote:I know it is very early to ask, but do you guys have any will or plans to move onto another project? Would it be related to KS?
I know there is a good chance this was asked already, if so just ignore me. I'll find it at some point.
They already said there were no planned works by them and I believe (heartbreakingly) denied a KS sequel.
Souls

Post by Souls »

Talifan9 wrote:
Souls wrote:I know it is very early to ask, but do you guys have any will or plans to move onto another project? Would it be related to KS?
They already said there were no planned works by them and I believe (heartbreakingly) denied a KS sequel.

I see, thanks for the answer ~
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

machopacho wrote:how did you come up with Rin as a character?
Someone else came up with the "artistic, hard to understand", characterisation, I just made her what I imagined from that.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Why does it seem like only a few of the devs are active on these forums?

Don't the others like us?
Maybe they are just shy.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Zerotic

Post by Zerotic »

Where can I find the URL's for the blogs of each Developer? (The ones that have a blog that is).

Post by Guest »

If Emi likes blue then why does she never wear anything blue?

I thought she was going to say it was green, given that's what colour her casual attire is.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:If Emi likes blue then why does she never wear anything blue?

I thought she was going to say it was green, given that's what colour her casual attire is.
My favourite colour is blue, but I'm not wearing blue.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Rivin wrote:This might've been asked before, but still..

What advice would you guys give to a team making a VN?

A team and I are currently creating a Mecha/War VN right now and although we are making some very good progress, we would kill for some tips/advice from a team as talented as 4LS. Please, please, impart your wisdom upon us!
There are no real tricks that I could explain in a couple of words, plus it's not like I know whether you are complete beginners or what. One thing that's a pretty common problem is that inexperienced creators don't have their goal clearly defined. If you don't know what you actually are doing, or what you want to do, makes it really hard to focus your efforts. There's no such thing as overplanning (there is, but only certain kinds of people ever do it). If you have a goal and a realistic perspective on your own capabilities and work, the path is already laid out before you. After that it's just up to being persistent enough to follow it.

Post by Guest »

Suriko wrote:
Guest wrote:If Emi likes blue then why does she never wear anything blue?

My favourite colour is blue, but I'm not wearing blue.
Fair enough. It's just that I don't remember seeing her with anything blue.

Are there any Hi-res wallpapers of Emi? Looking at her makes me happy... as long as I stay out of the /a/ threads.