Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

poopooface

Re: Ask!

Post by poopooface »

Who teaches the rest of Hisao's subjects. Besides Mutou teaching science and being his homeroom teacher.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Any reason in particular that Miki is the only one who wears black shorts at the race? Everybody else was wearing red shorts of varying length with the same shirt, which indicated to me that it was some sort of makeshift uniform for the team, but then she broke the pattern. Did she just misplace hers or something?
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

poopooface wrote:Who teaches the rest of Hisao's subjects. Besides Mutou teaching science and being his homeroom teacher.
The rest of the faculty wasn't built as characters because they aren't in the story.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

SpunkySix wrote:Any reason in particular that Miki is the only one who wears black shorts at the race? Everybody else was wearing red shorts of varying length with the same shirt, which indicated to me that it was some sort of makeshift uniform for the team, but then she broke the pattern. Did she just misplace hers or something?
The artists ran out of red paint.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Aura wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:Any reason in particular that Miki is the only one who wears black shorts at the race? Everybody else was wearing red shorts of varying length with the same shirt, which indicated to me that it was some sort of makeshift uniform for the team, but then she broke the pattern. Did she just misplace hers or something?
The artists ran out of red paint.
Huh, that's funny. Thanks.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Should have been more specific, see he's only Hisao's science and homeroom teacher, yet Hisao goes to Mutou for homeroom, is there until lunch starts, goes back, and is there when the day ends. Which would mean Hisao is only being taught science. I'm a bit confused by this.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
brythain

Post by brythain »

poopooface wrote:Should have been more specific, see he's only Hisao's science and homeroom teacher, yet Hisao goes to Mutou for homeroom, is there until lunch starts, goes back, and is there when the day ends. Which would mean Hisao is only being taught science. I'm a bit confused by this.
It's 3-3's home room. Mutou is 'homeroom' teacher, which means he's responsible for 3-3's students administratively. He starts the day by talking to the 3-3 students, handling admin and so on, then goes off to which ever class he's next scheduled for. He comes back into 3-3 (as he would for any class he teaches) for science and is off again to some other class at other times. There are presumably other teachers coming into 3-3's homeroom, but we don't see any doing that, for various reasons of plot and RL constraints.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
servantrider

Post by servantrider »

Will anyone be going to E3? Probably a long shot but the only event I'm likely to be able to get to this year.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

servantrider wrote:Will anyone be going to E3? Probably a long shot but the only event I'm likely to be able to get to this year.
Very much doubt it, makes sense geographically to almost no one.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

How were the sprites drawn? Obviously with a graphics tablet and all that, but where they drawn in layers and then 'constructed'? I've seen a few where the arms move or something and the hair remains the same, so I wondered if this was the case.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

servantrider

Post by servantrider »

Aura wrote:Very much doubt it, makes sense geographically to almost no one.
Yeah I figured, ah well.

A major thank you for keeping the forums up and still answering questions years after release though. I know it isn't always easy but it's very much appreciated :)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:How were the sprites drawn? Obviously with a graphics tablet and all that, but where they drawn in layers and then 'constructed'? I've seen a few where the arms move or something and the hair remains the same, so I wondered if this was the case.
Yes.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Aura wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:How were the sprites drawn? Obviously with a graphics tablet and all that, but where they drawn in layers and then 'constructed'? I've seen a few where the arms move or something and the hair remains the same, so I wondered if this was the case.
Yes.
Nayss, thanks :)
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Who took the background photos for KS and where are they from?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Various people in various locations. Most photos of the school are from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, USA, taken by yujovi. The photos of the suburbs and the city are mostly from Tokyo, Kamakura and Sendai, Japan, taken by crud and me. Everything else is by us three, other devs or our friends in our respective geographic locations. For instance, the snowy park in the opening scene and the hill Rin takes Hisao to are both in Helsinki, Finland.