Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tidus

Re: Ask!

Post by Tidus »

These questions, are more or less, specifically for Aura.

(Though, I do believe he clearly stated for non devs to not reply.)

1. Do you have any sort of real idea in your head of what happens (in regards to Rin and Hisao) post good ending? Not asking for you to reveal, as I know most is supposed to be left up to interpretation. I'm simply curious as to if you have continued it at all in your head.

2. Do you feel as if there is a particular girl that is "right" for Hisao, or at least, the most right out of the main girls?

3. Did your personal interest in cooking have any sort of influence on some of the other characters cooking, or simply a coincidence?
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

1. They go back to the school and have lunch?
2. Haven't really thought about it. It would stand to reason that this is the case though. Then again Hisao is subtly shifted to match (or in the case of Rin, un-match) each girl in the respective routes so it's also arguable that in each of the routes, that girl is the best one for Hisao. Which is pretty logical, after all he ended up with that girl.
3. No. My interest in cookery is on a bit different level than whatever any of the KS characters is portrayed with.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

HayStack44 wrote:To the devs:
Have any of you watched the Katawa Seiyuu previews? Any thoughts? No worries if you don't feel it appropriate to express an opinion given the nature of the project or if it's a touchy subject :D
Nope.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

HayStack44 wrote:To the devs:
Have any of you watched the Katawa Seiyuu previews? Any thoughts? No worries if you don't feel it appropriate to express an opinion given the nature of the project or if it's a touchy subject :D
A few minutes here and there, many months ago. And nope, no thoughts in particular.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Tidus

Post by Tidus »

Just a quick question out of curiosity, aimed at any devs who wish to answer, and on their respective character. If you had to choose a VA or seiyu for your character, that most resembles the way your character sounds in your head, whom would you choose?

I always pictured Rin as similar to Tara Strong's "Raven" character's voice.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
Atario

Post by Atario »

At the peak of development activity, what percentage of a 40-hour work week would you say you put in on the project?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Tidus wrote:Just a quick question out of curiosity, aimed at any devs who wish to answer, and on their respective character. If you had to choose a VA or seiyu for your character, that most resembles the way your character sounds in your head, whom would you choose?

I always pictured Rin as similar to Tara Strong's "Raven" character's voice.
I've never thought this much (Rin doesn't even have a particular voice "in my head"), and I'm not familiar enough with voice actresses to really even answer.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Atario wrote:At the peak of development activity, what percentage of a 40-hour work week would you say you put in on the project?
Difficult question, because working on KS often wasn't continuous or easily measurable, not that I ever tried to. Maybe 25-30 hours on the long end of a "KS work week" could be somewhere in the right ballpark.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Atario wrote:At the peak of development activity, what percentage of a 40-hour work week would you say you put in on the project?
The peak of development activity for me was the December immediately preceding release. That month saw approximately a 175% percentage put in. Not something I'd exactly enjoy repeating.

For comparison, most of the process ran on a 50% or so.

Odd choice for an unit of measure, by the way... :?:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

It's a stupid question but, is the game currently being translated/there are plans of translating it into more languages? I ask specifically for spanish.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Whats with the ugly ass portraits in Yamaku hallways?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kon22 wrote:It's a stupid question but, is the game currently being translated/there are plans of translating it into more languages? I ask specifically for spanish.
Yes, and yes specifically for spanish too http://ksesplatino.blogspot.fi/
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Comrade wrote:Whats with the ugly ass portraits in Yamaku hallways?
What about them? They're just an eyecatching background feature.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Silentcook wrote:
The peak of development activity for me was the December immediately preceding release. That month saw approximately a 175% percentage put in. Not something I'd exactly enjoy repeating.
Jeesh. The whole month?? Can't say I'd blame you…
Odd choice for an unit of measure, by the way... :?:
It's a pretty standard situation for most workin' stiffs.
Aura wrote:
Comrade wrote:Whats with the ugly ass portraits in Yamaku hallways?
What about them? They're just an eyecatching background feature.
Are they part of the actual location photographed, or were they created and inserted specifically for the game?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The latter. We wanted a way to visually separate the different corridor backgrounds from each other.