Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Quitch

Re: Ask!

Post by Quitch »

TheHivemind wrote:In short, no, it's not a reasonable and justified reaction. I think it's completely fucking stupid.
Well said, sir. Well said.
Drake wrote:Translation: They had anal sex?
Yeah, I'm just kidding obviously, but that anal sex scene really did pop outta nowhere.
Noooo it didn't. They're young, they experiment and they have sex at the drop of a hat once they found out that it felt great. Perfectly normal for young folk, especially as Emi's point of reference was the gay track captain, so odds are she'd be hearing a lot about how awesome it was.

Question now the soundtrack is out. Why that track order? :) (and good on you for including the trailer music)
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

For the writers:

How much of your "ideal woman" is manifest in the girl whose story you wrote? Are any flaws that they have also desirable or tolerable quirks of your ideal woman, or did you have to "inject" them for the purpose of character development? Would you say that the girl is defined more by characteristics derived from your ideal woman, or by the characteristics outside your ideal?

Post by Guest »

When I played the game, there would always be that once scene where the characters said something that gave me a revelation on the mentality of disability. The writing for every arc was superb, but I was wondering if there was any extra thought, long debates, if the scene was pre-planned, or just as usual when these sections were written.

For example, Lilly tells Hisao if he ever gets jealous when he can't hear a conversation at the other end of the room, Rin reveals that she feels she must destroy herself in order to grow as a person, Emi physically runs in order to metaphorically run away from her past...

I felt that after reading these scenes, I had to stop and think to myself for a few minutes: "Hey, I had those thoughts before... I feel like I can relate my thoughts to this kind of thinking... so why does it matter if I relate their physical appearances to "everyone else""
JiisanChrist2

Post by JiisanChrist2 »

Hello devs, Wai U so mean? ;_;
techk8

Post by techk8 »

JiisanChrist2 wrote:Hello devs, Wai U so mean? ;_;
gb2reddit
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Kanodin

Post by Kanodin »

I dunno whether these have been answered or not but here goes.

What do you guys / girls, think about all of the praise you're receiving from this? (reason I ask, as a member of the very first sound plugin team, for PCSX2, I know that it can be overwhelming, so I just want to know how you all feel) and

Does this make you all want to get back together and do another VN after taking a small break?

Post by Guest »

Question for Suriko (I think): could you explain the line about the Dutch in Lilly's route? Is that a pop culture reference or something of that kind?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:Question for Suriko (I think): could you explain the line about the Dutch in Lilly's route? Is that a pop culture reference or something of that kind?
The Dutch were the among first Europeans to find Japan, which at the time was largely unknown to foreigners (besides China and Korea). They also had the largest and longest-running trade relationship with Japan (even through the Edo Era where other countries were unilaterally denied trading rights with Japan).

Think of it as sort of like the landfall of Columbus in America.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:What did you enjoy most from making KS ?
Reading finished scenes in engine made me always feel good.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Caesius wrote:For the writers:

How much of your "ideal woman" is manifest in the girl whose story you wrote? Are any flaws that they have also desirable or tolerable quirks of your ideal woman, or did you have to "inject" them for the purpose of character development? Would you say that the girl is defined more by characteristics derived from your ideal woman, or by the characteristics outside your ideal?
I find it hard to imagine that Rin could be anyone's ideal woman. Certainly not mine. On the other hand, as Suriko has told before, Lilly was something of a dream girl for him for a while.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

I have a question about the timeline.

In the Shizune path, they visit shizune's family after tanabata, over the summer. There, they meet Lilly.

In Lillies path, she moves back to scotland around the time Tanabata happens. Unless she only stayed in scotland for a very short while and immediatly goes on vacation in japan (alongside with akira no less), there would be no way for her to do meet shizune at her home.

Time paradox ?

Post by Guest »

What made you guys decide to have Iwanako write a letter to Hisao instead of having her either visit in person, or just never make a reappearance at all?

Post by Guest »

The name of the dish that Lilly and Hisao order on their first date, "Provençal Tuna Salade Niçoise", is a made-up mix of incoherent foreign words that is said to be common in Japan (i.e. "Engrish" and the like). Was the name chosen to replicate this (supposedly) Japanese trend, or was it just a trivial enough detail that getting it right didn't matter?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:The name of the dish that Lilly and Hisao order on their first date, "Provençal Tuna Salade Niçoise", is a made-up mix of incoherent foreign words that is said to be common in Japan (i.e. "Engrish" and the like). Was the name chosen to replicate this (supposedly) Japanese trend, or was it just a trivial enough detail that getting it right didn't matter?
It's a real salad. A Salade Niçoise, containing Tuna, from the Provençal region.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

JiisanChrist2 wrote:Hello devs, Wai U so mean? ;_;
I think I'll field this question, even though the user who asked has been permanently banned (again and harder) for ban evasion.

We are so "mean" because overall we have low tolerance for stupidity or for people making annoyances of themselves at our virtual doorstep.

We are a bunch of people on the Internet, not a software house, with a software house's typical goals and restraints.

We aren't bound by sales and having to recoup a profit from our efforts, and an amazingly large number of people seem to be completely unable to grasp this.

We have day jobs and/or personal problems and/or an education to pursue, thus we don't have time to wait on every question or demand even if we wanted to, which we don't.

"Requests" about "improving" KS further can refer to this post by Aura dating back to pre-release days, which really says all it ever should.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.