Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Black Knight

Re: Ask!

Post by Black Knight »

If Emi were missing her arms below her elbows instead of her legs below the knees, would she still run? Or would she find a way to become the pull up queen of Japan? The strongest arm wrestler with no arms?

God, I love Emi. <3
dedsec

Post by dedsec »

What was the name of the first song made for Katawa Shoujo?
It's not how far you get before your done, but what you accomplish getting there.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

dedsec wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:03 am What was the name of the first song made for Katawa Shoujo?
I can't remember the name... If it even had a name.... But I do know that it was piano only...

I started rearranging it but have up when I started writing the Hanako path.

Fun fact: because I had the MIDI file of the song, it is the only KS song that has been played on the Sydney Opera house organ.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Did you work there or do they take visitor submissions?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I worked there.

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

cpl_crud wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 am
dedsec wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:03 am What was the name of the first song made for Katawa Shoujo?
Fun fact: because I had the MIDI file of the song, it is the only KS song that has been played on the Sydney Opera house organ.
Nicely done, Crud. Do you still have it or is it lost to time?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Scroff

Post by Scroff »

Was Jigoro Hakamichi named after Jigoro Kano, founder of Judo?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ArcCain wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:05 am
cpl_crud wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 am
Nicely done, Crud. Do you still have it or is it lost to time?
There is a fairly good chance that is is lost.
I had my laptop stolen in 2009 and that had a lot of the original KS stuff on it.
However, I do also have a big wad of hard drives sitting in my desk that might have it there. I likely would have worked on it using my main PC so there is a chance that if I dig hard enough I could find it.
But I also had a RAID failure in 2016 that wiped out 18 months of data... but I think that was well after KS....

------
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Man, what is it with people stealing laptops with KS shit on it? I am pretty sure that's where most of the early KS stuff I did went. The only thing that survived was the last like, two drafts of Emi's path.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

TheHivemind wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:14 pm Man, what is it with people stealing laptops with KS shit on it? I am pretty sure that's where most of the early KS stuff I did went. The only thing that survived was the last like, two drafts of Emi's path.
Protip: the secret forums still exists, so as long as you posted it there I can retrieve it for you

------
a1fox3

Post by a1fox3 »

cpl_crud wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm
TheHivemind wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:14 pm Man, what is it with people stealing laptops with KS shit on it? I am pretty sure that's where most of the early KS stuff I did went. The only thing that survived was the last like, two drafts of Emi's path.
Protip: the secret forums still exists, so as long as you posted it there I can retrieve it for you
God I wish you guys would have taken KS just a few more steps in that after collage MC gets married to the girl and have kids.
Having the endings like you all did with Lilly, after the credits.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

cpl_crud wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:17 pm Protip: the secret forums still exists, so as long as you posted it there I can retrieve it for you
Some things are best left buried, I think.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Didn't Aura say something like you didn't want it to be a 'true love' story but rather a more realistic story of kids taking their first steps as adults?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Kelhsy

Post by Kelhsy »

Considering that Steam now allows fully uncensored titles as is the case with this visual novel https://steamcommunity.com/games/432100 ... 1080289382 is there a chance for a Steam release of Katawa Shoujo?
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

A silly question for Aura, if he finds the time:

It's pretty much accepted "fanon" at this point that the blonde girl in the background of this classroom CG is Saki. But if you had to give a name to the girl at the door, what would it be? Thanks.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."