Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OtakuNinja

Re: Ask!

Post by OtakuNinja »

When will the next art book be released as a PDF? :)

When will the DLL links be back? Can't you have them hosted at the same place as the DLLs for Act 1? :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
sneakysmooth

Post by sneakysmooth »

OtakuNinja wrote:When will the DLL links be back? Can't you have them hosted at the same place as the DLLs for Act 1? :)
I found a link here. http://easymodo.net/KatawaShoujo/
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

So I started reading Catcher in the Rye the other day. Wasn't surprised when I heard "My parents would've practically had 2 hemorrhages a piece if they found out" because I'd read that it was there on the KS TVTropes article... but then I was introduced to Ackley.

So Kenji is Ackley. Be honest.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Trivun

Post by Trivun »

I don't know if this has been asked already, since I'm not too keen on the idea of browsing 149 pages of replies to find out - if it has been then I apologise, and would be grateful if someone links to the reply for me. But on the off chance it hasn't...

I'm assuming there's no chance of this, but is there any possibility that Katawa Shoujo could ever be converted to an anime? I doubt I'm the only one here who would love to see an anime adaptation of the visual novel, if the developers were on board with the idea...

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
Guest90206

Post by Guest90206 »

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but you oughtn't to need to browse 149 pages to know that the devs have basically nixed that idea.
Hanabro to the end.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Another boring merchandise question. Sorry.

I was thinking of using Zazzle to create a mousepad out of this image - however, from what I've read in this thread, I believe that this would not be allowed due to the rather prominent KS logo right in the middle of it. Is this correct?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Bluecoolman wrote:I REALLY want a physical copy of the artbooks. Will they ever be on sale, Or possibly brought to another convention?
Possible, but not very likely for now.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Polartec239 wrote:Wondering here if you have any plans for the future. Katawa Shoujo had such great visuals and a captivating storyline, and many of us would love to see more work released. Perhaps a sequel, perhaps Katawa could be released commercially?

Any info you could give us?
If we do other projects, they won't have anything to do with KS. For now we're done with this setting.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Pseudogenesis wrote:So I started reading Catcher in the Rye the other day. Wasn't surprised when I heard "My parents would've practically had 2 hemorrhages a piece if they found out" because I'd read that it was there on the KS TVTropes article... but then I was introduced to Ackley.

So Kenji is Ackley. Be honest.
No. Kenji draws on similar archetypes than him and many other characters, but he's not directly modeled after anyone.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Another boring merchandise question. Sorry.

I was thinking of using Zazzle to create a mousepad out of this image - however, from what I've read in this thread, I believe that this would not be allowed due to the rather prominent KS logo right in the middle of it. Is this correct?
Doing small-scale stuff for yourself only is generally fine by us - note however that I can't speak for the artist of the image.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

As anyone now knows, Yamaku is a school for people with physical defects and not mental/psychological ones. However Kenji appears to be more than a little paranoid and possibly schizophrenic as well.
Does this mean that he actually cheated the system, as he often brags about?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Woody Alien wrote:As anyone now knows, Yamaku is a school for people with physical defects and not mental/psychological ones. However Kenji appears to be more than a little paranoid and possibly schizophrenic as well.

Yes. He's smart enough to fool psychologists into thinking that he's "fine".
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Trivun

Post by Trivun »

Woody Alien wrote:As anyone now knows, Yamaku is a school for people with physical defects and not mental/psychological ones. However Kenji appears to be more than a little paranoid and possibly schizophrenic as well.
Nope, because he does have a physical disability as well - he's severely visually impaired. Kenji does have some mental issues, but I reckon that's probably not actual mental disabilities. And besides, I'd assume that Yamaku does still have some facility to accommodate people with mental issues, as Hanako herself sees therapists regularly (as stated in-game). It's just that they aren't going to accept people with, say, Down's Syndrome or whatever because of the care involved on top of looking after physically disabled kids. I addressed the topic myself in my Hanako arc fanfic, though only briefly. Any further info would probably have to come straight from the devs' mouths, really...

Xbox Live: Trivun117
Steam: Trivun
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Heh, mine was a half-joke question, don't be upset about it :)

I have another one: when Kenji refers to Iwanako as "rock-fish-kid chick", what does it mean? Is this a play on words on the pronounciation of her name or something?
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Woody Alien wrote:Heh, mine was a half-joke question, don't be upset about it :)

I have another one: when Kenji refers to Iwanako as "rock-fish-kid chick", what does it mean? Is this a play on words on the pronounciation of her name or something?
"Iwanako" is the bastardization of a Polish name of a friend of mine.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money