Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Ask!

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The FAQ wrote:Q: I want to port KS to a different platform, what do you think about it?
A: The answer is no. Don't bother asking. Additionally, don't talk about it here.
Same applies to ports by 4LS: Won't happen.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Drakelord

Post by Drakelord »

Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:This might well be a contender for the title of dumbest question of the thread, so I won't be offended if it's left unanswered. Anyway, since Lilly is blind and she told Hisao having sex with him was her first time. how could she have known about the finer details of the lower region of the male reproductive anatomy? Just by reading braille books? Or maybe through an anatomical manikin? I would imagine that as a teenager she'd be interested in learing about those kind of things, much as a seeing person would be.
Akira has told her *everything* about dicks she has to know. Such a good big sister, she is.

Where's the yuri scene between the two of them then?
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

hickwarrior wrote:
Zig_Zac wrote:Hi Suriko,

Firstly, I have to say you did an awesome job with Lily's story, and Hanako's seems to be just as good, since I'm still playing it now. Amazing piece of work with the writing, you are brilliant.

I have to ask though, in Lilly's route, when they met Kenji outside and when he fell, he took Lilly down with him. When he got up, why was she so angry and pounded the ground and yell dammit? I didn't get that part when it happened. Sorry, I may be a little slow and not get it, but it doesn't seem like her to lose it over something so small. I don't know if it had to do with her blindness, but I didn't think it did. If you could clear this up for it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, awesome story. I wish all of you would write more, such amazing talent.
Actually, I can answer this one, I think. It's in one of the Lilly threads on this forums.

Anyway, It's because she's feeling conflicted and has a hard time keeping up her façade as confident and calm. She's cropping up all of her emotions inside her and it came out partially when she fell to the ground.

At least, that's what I remember.
Hmmm interesting... never thought of it that way... thanks... so her apologising to Hiaso before she went to class was an apology for losing it? Makes sense I guess... Thanks
xaolindragon

Post by xaolindragon »

I remember a dev mentioning that Shizune is also a mute. That in addition to her being deaf, she cannot produce sounds from her vocal cords.

First I want to verify if that's correct.

Second, if it is the case (that she's both deaf and mute), then why has Jigoro insisted on finding Shizune tutors to get her to be able to talk when she was younger?
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

xaolindragon wrote:Second, if it is the case (that she's both deaf and mute), then why has Jigoro insisted on finding Shizune tutors to get her to be able to talk when she was younger?
'cause Jigoro's an asshole, man. :evil:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.

Post by Guest »

What are the themes for each of the girls? A lot of the songs show up repeatedly in each of the routes so I'm kind of confused about which songs are associated with who.
xaolindragon

Post by xaolindragon »

Mercutio wrote:
xaolindragon wrote:Second, if it is the case (that she's both deaf and mute), then why has Jigoro insisted on finding Shizune tutors to get her to be able to talk when she was younger?
'cause Jigoro's an asshole, man. :evil:
But I feel like that's just completely stupid of him. I understand he's a real stubborn guy, but come on. Be reasonable. A person with non-functional vocal cords has vocal cords that don't work. >_>
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I see this brought up far too often and I'd like to hear what the devs have to say on it. In Hanako's ending CG, the camera zooms out to show two muffins in a bakery window. Some say that this represents a "bun in the oven" for Hanako: that the condom was ineffective and she had become pregnant. Is this imagery intentional? If not, what purpose did it serve?
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

A deaf person can learn to speak. Another question, however, is if he/she can speak in a way that's not embrassing. People who have never experienced sound, like Shizune, have a very hard time modulating their voices correctly because they cannot hear themselves. Deaf people speaking can sound like they have mental problems. I have to verify this but I've heard of deaf people who renounced trying to talk after witnessing the reaction of other people with their eyes. Knowing Jigoro, I highly doubt he would have accepted Shizune not talking perfectly, and Shizune herself wouldn't.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Brogurt wrote:I see this brought up far too often and I'd like to hear what the devs have to say on it. In Hanako's ending CG, the camera zooms out to show two muffins in a bakery window. Some say that this represents a "bun in the oven" for Hanako: that the condom was ineffective and she had become pregnant. Is this imagery intentional? If not, what purpose did it serve?
She is not pregnant. In an earlier draft she did end up with a bun in the oven, but not this time.

The muffin ending was meant to symbolise a return to a more "normal" lifestyle for Hanako; the simple pleasures were enough for her.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

cpl_crud wrote:She is not pregnant. In an earlier draft she did end up with a bun in the oven, but not this time.
Honestly, better that it didn't happen. It would have been unnecessary cruel to her. While by the end of the story she's entered a definite path to get better, even with the support of Hisao and Lilly it would have been too much to handle for her at the moment (now, I'm picturing her not telling Hisao for fear of him getting an heart attack from the news...)
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

xaolindragon wrote:A person with non-functional vocal cords has vocal cords that don't work. >_>
That's not necessarily permanent, though. You'd be surprised what things like therapy and stem cell treatment can achieve in such areas, in some cases. We can assume Shizune just wasn't one of those cases.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Post by Guest »

A question for Aura (not strictly related to KS though): how did you get to the point where you can write a story that is thousands of words long in a foreign language, and write it better than a lot of native speakers could do?
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Zoram wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:She is not pregnant. In an earlier draft she did end up with a bun in the oven, but not this time.
Honestly, better that it didn't happen. It would have been unnecessary cruel to her. While by the end of the story she's entered a definite path to get better, even with the support of Hisao and Lilly it would have been too much to handle for her at the moment (now, I'm picturing her not telling Hisao for fear of him getting an heart attack from the news...)
*raises hand* seconded. thank you devs so damn much for not having Hanako get pregnant. that would have completely ruined the good end for me, 'cause I don't see any way that could have been a positive thing for her. :shock:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

Mercutio wrote:
Zoram wrote:Honestly, better that it didn't happen. It would have been unnecessary cruel to her. While by the end of the story she's entered a definite path to get better, even with the support of Hisao and Lilly it would have been too much to handle for her at the moment (now, I'm picturing her not telling Hisao for fear of him getting an heart attack from the news...)
*raises hand* seconded. thank you devs so damn much for not having Hanako get pregnant. that would have completely ruined the good end for me, 'cause I don't see any way that could have been a positive thing for her. :shock:
My imagination gets even worse from there. She may confess to Lilly but she would then "force" Lilly to help her in leaving Hisao and Yamaku with an excuse before her pregnancy becomes impossible to hide, all out of pity (the last thing Hanako would have wanted). Even with the best support from Lilly and Akira, she may not be able to raise the baby. Hell, even if Hisao's heart didn't explode knowing his fatherhood and he stood at her side, it may still not be enough and she would still have to leave Yamaku... My, let's stop here :shock: