Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Helbereth wrote: EDIT: More in the spirit of the thread, I just realized something that I probably should have a long time ago. Hisao's room number is well-known to be 119. Just today I put together that, in Japan, if you're calling for an emergency, you dial 1-1-9 (whereas in the US it's 911). That's intentional, right?
No.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

Helbereth wrote:I've been coming to this forum for two years, read tons of fan fiction, written a fair amount of my own, and in all that time I have never seen the words 'Kenji' and 'logical' in the same sentence.

Thus I must ask... what?
That's why it had quotation marks. In his head he is logical.
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

sanduba wrote:
Helbereth wrote:I've been coming to this forum for two years, read tons of fan fiction, written a fair amount of my own, and in all that time I have never seen the words 'Kenji' and 'logical' in the same sentence.

Thus I must ask... what?
That's why it had quotation marks. In his head he is logical.
Being an avid reader of Holmes' stories, I can't really say I see the connection. Also, Holmes, most times, IS logical. Not just in his mind. But I dunno xD
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

Kon22 wrote: Being an avid reader of Holmes' stories, I can't really say I see the connection. Also, Holmes, most times, IS logical. Not just in his mind. But I dunno xD
Yep, but nobody understands their logic.
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

sanduba wrote:
Kon22 wrote: Being an avid reader of Holmes' stories, I can't really say I see the connection. Also, Holmes, most times, IS logical. Not just in his mind. But I dunno xD
Yep, but nobody understands their logic.
If you actually pay attention, Holmes' logic is perfectly clear. Kenji, however, drifts off on random tangents that are either completely unrelated, or at most tenuously linked to the topic of discussion.
neio

Post by neio »

Crashmaster wrote:
Liminaut wrote: If one wanted to be painfully PoPoMo, one could suggest producing a VN about producing VNs, but serious contemplation of that project would likely drive Cthulhu into therapy.
It's funny you should say that, Anonymous22, NicolArmarfi, delta and climatic actually did make a visual novel about making a visual novel called "The Answer", which, if I'm not mistaken, was "officially" released under the 4LS name.
http://vndb.org/r2222
I did not know about this. Is there a thread about it?
That cat was an asshole. How would you feel if a bipedal cat with a striped hat came into your house and started breaking things, fucking everything up, and all that?
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

In the VN, I don't think we ever find out what made Hanako's birthday so bad. Lots of fanon, no canon. Has there ever been word-of-god about what made Hanako's birthday so traumatic?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

There's a canon answer. She tells you in the last scene of her route during your confession in the park. Specifically:
Hanako wrote:Every birthday was the same. Everyone doing their best to pretend that I mattered. Everyone pretending everything was alright... for one day of the year. I didn't want to exist, but they wouldn't let me.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Question to the devs:

Say, if —I said IF— there was some rich and/or crazy and/or stupid guys enough to FUND you to make a sequel of this Katawa Shoujo,
this means being fully paid and facilitated and all, what would you say?

a. NO (a reason will be favored/appreciated, however it's fine if you don't give it)

b. YES, only if you work with the other original Katawa Shoujo devs

c. YES, with other conditions (please be kind to write what the conditions are)

And please only answer between those three options.

Thanks.
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

The VUP wrote:Say, if —I said IF— there was some rich and/or crazy and/or stupid guys enough to FUND you to make a sequel of this Katawa Shoujo,
this means being fully paid and facilitated and all, what would you say?
I think 4+ years of KS development is enough for me, I'd much rather do something new, paid or not.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

No. At this time I wouldn't be able to devote myself to that.

Notice that even if I could it would have to be an unanimous decision (odds of that happening are somewhere in between "world peace breaks out" and "cure for cancer found").
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

TheVUP

Post by TheVUP »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:I think 4+ years of KS development is enough for me, I'd much rather do something new, paid or not.
Hmmm... very reasonable.
But you are a composer, right? I mean, do you want to try other musical instrument, other than piano, perhaps?
Silentcook wrote:No. At this time I wouldn't be able to devote myself to that.
You're right, I didn't specifically say what time the project will be.
But this is another if, what IF it's for some time later, 2 to 3 years perhaps?
Silentcook wrote:Notice that even if I could it would have to be an unanimous decision
Otherwise, that counts as option c, as NicolArmarfi said he's not interested. =D
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

It was pretty obvious that Lelouch in class 3-3 was a Code Geass cameo, but was the girl sitting behind him in class also named after a CG character or was it just a coincidence?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

C.

It's pretty much given that there exists some combination of conditions that would convince us that making KS2 is a better idea than anything else we might want to spend our time on. It's pretty hard to even speculate what those conditions might be, so I'm not even going to try.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest Poster wrote:It was pretty obvious that Lelouch in class 3-3 was a Code Geass cameo, but was the girl sitting behind him in class also named after a CG character or was it just a coincidence?
No. Is there a character named Naomi in geass?

edit: wow, googled it and even the last names match. But yeah, it's a coincidence. Both Naomi and Inoue are fairly common names. Hisao Nakai isn't a reference to the psychiatrist of the same name either.