Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Toothless

Re: Ask!

Post by Toothless »

Eurobeatjester wrote:
I don't think it's ever mentioned in KS itself, but I vaguely remember a discussion years ago that she was receiving a stipend from her parents' life insurance policies. That was the only explanation as to why she was able to "save up" enough money to travel at the end of Lilly's route.

But I'm not 100% where I saw that.

I did some research and it would appear orphans get some sort of financial aid from the state. Also quite possible to have some sort of life insurance, and home insurance money. I think that would be given to her the day she become an adult. My friend lost his parents in a car accident, he only received the life insurance, and the car insurance when he turned 18. Not sure if it was in his parents will or it was policies.
asdf1234567

Post by asdf1234567 »

Did Hanako's extremely low route quality teach you any lessons about changing things late in development, and monitoring what your team members are writing? Shizune's too, to a lesser extent.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Those lessons were taught (and hopefully learned), but not by the reasons you are stating.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

dedsec

Post by dedsec »

Do you think Hanako ever plays any video games?
It's not how far you get before your done, but what you accomplish getting there.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

dedsec wrote:Do you think Hanako ever plays any video games?
I'm not really sure about that. I would default to "yes" but something makes me think that she might not be overly into them.

It was probably a bit early to be dealing with mobile games in force, so that leaves PC-based games (I don't see her owning a playstation).

Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem likely to me.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
QuietlySomething

Post by QuietlySomething »

cpl_crud wrote:
dedsec wrote:Do you think Hanako ever plays any video games?
I'm not really sure about that. I would default to "yes" but something makes me think that she might not be overly into them.

It was probably a bit early to be dealing with mobile games in force, so that leaves PC-based games (I don't see her owning a playstation).

Now that I think about it, it doesn't seem likely to me.
Hanako seems to me like the type to own a pink Nintendo DS and just use it for Nintendogs and, like, Brain Age.

Maybe Picross.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Did anyone of you actually read Life of Pi before you dropped the reference in the VN?

Because I recently came across some excerpts, and somehow I think Hanako might not be a fan of the graphic violence in there...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Did anyone of you actually read Life of Pi before you dropped the reference in the VN?

Because I recently came across some excerpts, and somehow I think Hanako might not be a fan of the graphic violence in there...

Yes, I was reading it at the time.

I wouldn't say it was overly violent. And there is a lot of introspection and the like going on so I dug think it is too much of a stretch

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
QuietlySomething

Post by QuietlySomething »

Okay, well this might be a stupid question but I was having a conversation about this and nobody could say for certain so I may as well ask. Lilly is well-established as being born blind, but what about Shizune? Was she born deaf?
dedsec

Post by dedsec »

Hey cpu_crud, have you ever had writer's block? if so, how do you go about getting passed it?
It's not how far you get before your done, but what you accomplish getting there.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

dedsec wrote:Hey cpu_crud, have you ever had writer's block? if so, how do you go about getting passed it?

Yes, occasionally. I think that it is just part of the creative process.

In the last 6 months or so I've tried to write every day although it's not always possible (plus I'm editing now so that's a bit of a different process).

For my current book I've started using Scrivener. I find it much easier to use this than Word, as you can scribble down ideas when you have them (e.g. scene guidelines or character sheets). Then when you're ready to write you can just focus on that little bit.
I found it to flow a lot better than the old method of having a notepad/document with notes in it and a main text document.

But on a more conceptual level, if I'm trying to get creative again I try and shut as many things down as I can, put on some headphones and go for a walk. Either that or reading some kind of off-topic magazine, like a business MAG or something. That then sparks up different parts of your brain, which can lead to new ideas

------
Namina

Post by Namina »

Hey devs I've had this question on my mind for a long time.
What are some of your fondest memories of the community : the fanart, music, tomfoolery or maybe times you tought these guys are just too much
dedsec

Post by dedsec »

Do you think Hanako has ever gone trick or treating?
dedsec

Post by dedsec »

With Visual Novel Maker soon to be release, How do you feel about the possibility of people trying to make a Katawa Shoujo 2 or a VN based on the same idea?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

dedsec wrote:With Visual Novel Maker soon to be release, How do you feel about the possibility of people trying to make a Katawa Shoujo 2 or a VN based on the same idea?
That question has been answered multiple times before, and I dont think their stance has changed.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.