Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

D0lan

Re: Ask!

Post by D0lan »

I just remembered quite a while ago I found two music files hidden on the Katawa Shoujo website

"Daylight like it's hot"

and

"Parity Jam"

Who was the genius behind these two remixes? I laughed for 5 minutes straight listening to Daylight like it's hot.
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Would you guys consider putting KS on Steam Greenlight? I know this has been asked to death but now that times have changed with steam being more lenient with full on nudity in their games like Gahkthun & Ladykiller in a Bind, I feel like this would be the best time to act since Greenlight is shutting down soon.
Vidi, vici, veni.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Mythic wrote:Would you guys consider putting KS on Steam Greenlight? I know this has been asked to death but now that times have changed with steam being more lenient with full on nudity in their games like Gahkthun & Ladykiller in a Bind, I feel like this would be the best time to act since Greenlight is shutting down soon.
Nope!
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

TheHivemind wrote:
Mythic wrote:Would you guys consider putting KS on Steam Greenlight? I know this has been asked to death but now that times have changed with steam being more lenient with full on nudity in their games like Gahkthun & Ladykiller in a Bind, I feel like this would be the best time to act since Greenlight is shutting down soon.
Nope!
Any real reason why? I know Steam charges money to keep out spammers but I think an exception can be made for free games and it really wouldnt hurt to try if it means more people can read it.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Ok so after a bit of inquiry, I found this link http://www.valvesoftware.com/business/ and under Steam Distribution they have 'Contact us to learn more'. This is a direct line to Valve and eliminates the need for Greenlight.
Vidi, vici, veni.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Not sure if this has been asked already or not but: is the image of Hisao and Lilly hugging in the field based on a photo from Crud or is it something the artist made from scratch?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ArcCain wrote:Not sure if this has been asked already or not but: is the image of Hisao and Lilly hugging in the field based on a photo from Crud or is it something the artist made from scratch?

As far as I know it is totally from scratch. I did take some "field" photos but AFAIK none were actually used.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Suzaku

Post by Suzaku »

If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize, but how is Emi's route? I'm trying to finish all the good routes.

(Seriously tho, I feel guilt at abandoning Hanako.)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Suzaku wrote:If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize, but how is Emi's route? I'm trying to finish all the good routes.

It probably is the wrong place to ask this. That thread is for asking the devs question about the game.
As for Emi's route, personally it was my favourite.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Suzaku wrote:If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize, but how is Emi's route? I'm trying to finish all the good routes.

Emi's route is the best and all others are shit
LordDarknus

Post by LordDarknus »

Mythic wrote:... Steam Greenlight is shutting down soon.
"I can't decide, whether you should live or die..."
Suzaku wrote:If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize, but how is Emi's route?
It's doing fine, and it thanks you for asking about it!
Suzaku wrote:I'm trying to finish all the good routes.
Annnd which ones do you think are the bad routes?
Suzaku wrote:(Seriously tho, I feel guilt at abandoning Hanako.)
I know that feel, bro.

TheHivemind wrote:Emi's route is the best and all others are shit
Poplar opinion.

You know, that's rather immature, to hold such a strong grudge against the other routes.

Your misgivings are positively juvenile.

Your beef is so raw, Gordon Ramsay would say that it's eating his salad.Image
http://www.dumpaday.com/funny-pictures/ ... e-24-pics/

Actual question: Ever thought of making a dedicated site / forum for fans to discuss your other works? Like ZemCon 2? Where you can properly reveal that Kate is actually The Vanquisher's mother? Or that J3D3 is the secret lovechild of Bender and R2D2?
Last edited by LordDarknus on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

I'm not sure if such a thing would work, but maybe it's time for an update Blog Post that has a listing of all of the things that we've been working on maybe? Most of us have blogs where the conversations can be held, but yes, it does feel nice to be using the "official" KS community sometimes.

I know that some of the artists especially are a little more prolific these days; Weee and Raide especially. I think Aura has the keys to the blog so he would be the one to propose the idea to...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Questions of the sort have already been asked, but if you'll humor me: what would you say was the team's biggest misconception about the task of creating a visual novel of such a size? Do you think the development time would have been significantly shorter if you had had a better idea of the scope of the project/how to organize it?
Zirk

Post by Zirk »

Hi,
Sorry if it was already asked but...
I saw in the FAQ that there won't be another Katawa Shoujo, but the post is from 2007, and I found this on Internet who is from 2014: http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/13 ... -shoujo-2/
Soo, I was wondering if this article was false, or if there will be another Katawa Shoujo game ?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

The article is misleading. 4LS owns the rights to Katawa Shoujo, will not produce another KS game, and does not wish for others to do so. Our FAQs stand regardless of age.
The people mentioned in the article you linked are supposed to be producing a "spiritual successor" to KS named Full Hearts. Best if you find out for yourself how they are doing.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.