Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Ask!

Post by cpl_crud »

TheHivemind wrote:
Kon22 wrote:Heyyy, merry christmas. I hope you're all having a good time with your loved ones (or alone)!

It's christmas and I'm mildly drunk so here's a silly question.

If you had to spend christmas, and all that encompasses for you, with one of the girls in the game, who would it be?
Akira. She knows how to party.
Aw yeah she would be fun. Lots of appropriate answers here.

Also, just thinking about it... Would most of the girls be about 27-8 by now?
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

cpl_crud wrote:Also, just thinking about it... Would most of the girls be about 27-8 by now?
Well they are about 18-19 during the events of KS, I think. So add 4--soon to be 5--years to that and you get 22-23. Is that correct?

P.S. If I may, I would probably also go for Emi as well. Emi or Lilly.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ArcCain wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:Also, just thinking about it... Would most of the girls be about 27-8 by now?
Well they are about 18-19 during the events of KS, I think. So add 4--soon to be 5--years to that and you get 22-23. Is that correct?

P.S. If I may, I would probably also go for Emi as well. Emi or Lilly.

Unless something changed or my memory fails me, the game is set in 2007
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
seg80068

Post by seg80068 »

Suriko wrote:
seg80068 wrote:When was the decision made to subvert Hanako's route instead of making it good? Would you do it again if you had the chance to redo it?
I see someone saw me on a stream. It's a reference to her bad end (and story in general) being aimed at standard VN conventions of whiteknighting moeblobs, being achieved by going down a typical set of choices one would expect in a VN and dealing with the consequences. Perhaps not the best wording (it was mentioned in passing in light conversation), but I'd say it still applies.

It seems pretty polarising, and that's fine. Maybe I didn't have the skill to pull it off. There certainly wasn't any intention to make a poor-quality path or story, though.
Here's another question: Do you really intend to keep lying about the nature of the rape scene 5 years later? There wasn't a choice for it like there was with Misha, and something so bad doesn't pop out of nowhere and insert itself into the game without an "intention to make a poor-quality path or story, though." Wasn't Lilly's route supposed to be something about telling the truth?
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Hanako is just under a month older than me and I recall that Tanabata in 2007 fell on my birthday, August 8th. Just thinking that while I was celebrating my 18th birthday on a mountain railway deep in the Austrian Alps on the other side on the world, Hiaao is either taking Lilly or Shizune out to the festival, Miki has accepted Suzu's confession or the many possibilities that can happen with the KS cast...it makes me feel closer to them.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

cpl_crud wrote:Unless something changed or my memory fails me, the game is set in 2007
Ah, I had completely missed that it took place in 2007. I just assumed that the year was left vague. Also, Suriko, do you stream or were you just on a stream?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Hobojoe

Post by Hobojoe »

With how 2016 has been, with the sudden rise in global feminism, do you think Kenji was right? I feel the need to start preparing for the war...
LaurelaiLong

Post by LaurelaiLong »

This game and forum are pretty old so maybe these questions have already been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere so here it goes. How did you go about forming your dev team? Was it originally one person who had the idea and found friends to help or was it brain-stormed together by a group of people who formed 4LS together? Did any one aspect (art. music, writing, backend) of your game start development way ahead of the others?

Thanks for reading this. I've been working on a project myself for about 6 months with others helping on and off and now and I'm at the point where I need a stable dev team to continue working efficiently.
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

Among your most pertinent adversities, I'm sure you were posed with many paradoxical and often self-defeating inquiries that tested yourself and your fellow crew-mate's merits. However, I must pose to you now, the greatest question of which you have been faced through your many years of Katawa Shoujo affiliation.

And that question is: What do you think of Howard Stern's penis?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Hobojoe wrote:With how 2016 has been, with the sudden rise in global feminism, do you think Kenji was right? I feel the need to start preparing for the war...
If you think Kenji's opinions sound reasonable you might need to take a break from the Internet.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

LaurelaiLong wrote:This game and forum are pretty old so maybe these questions have already been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere so here it goes. How did you go about forming your dev team? Was it originally one person who had the idea and found friends to help or was it brain-stormed together by a group of people who formed 4LS together? Did any one aspect (art. music, writing, backend) of your game start development way ahead of the others?

Thanks for reading this. I've been working on a project myself for about 6 months with others helping on and off and now and I'm at the point where I need a stable dev team to continue working efficiently.
KS's core idea was by one person but they never participated in the development itself in any way. The actual design ("brain-storming") was done by the dozens of anons who initially got the project started, and then 4LS. Music and coding started later than other things, since Nicol and delta didn't join 4LS until like 8-9 months into the project.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Richiter Bromont wrote:Among your most pertinent adversities, I'm sure you were posed with many paradoxical and often self-defeating inquiries that tested yourself and your fellow crew-mate's merits. However, I must pose to you now, the greatest question of which you have been faced through your many years of Katawa Shoujo affiliation.

I've seen better.
Hobojoe

Post by Hobojoe »

Aura wrote:
Hobojoe wrote:With how 2016 has been, with the sudden rise in global feminism, do you think Kenji was right? I feel the need to start preparing for the war...
If you think Kenji's opinions sound reasonable you might need to take a break from the Internet.
Bah! Never. The war is coming, and I know it!
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

TheHivemind wrote:
Richiter Bromont wrote:Among your most pertinent adversities, I'm sure you were posed with many paradoxical and often self-defeating inquiries that tested yourself and your fellow crew-mate's merits. However, I must pose to you now, the greatest question of which you have been faced through your many years of Katawa Shoujo affiliation.

I've seen better.
I'm certain after 319 pages of questions, THIS was the one question that was on everyone's mind.
Good answer, you've made a lot of people happy today.

May the goddess of lemons bless you with chicken tendies.
emi

Post by emi »

Sorry if it's been asked recently, but what are you guys working on now? Any projects apart from the Comiket artbooks?
Emi > Misha > Miki > Suzu > Lilly > Hanako > Rika > Saki > Rin > Shizune
Art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10495