Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Re: Ask!

Post by TheHivemind »

ArcCain wrote:Why did you decide that Hisao would die in the Act 1 bad endings? And why the way he did?

In the extremely remote chance that Katawa Seiyū is ever finished, would you borrow their audio files and update KS with a option to turn on voice acting?
Killing the main character is a time-honored tradition in VNs, so it seemed appropriate.

Probably not, it would take a considerable amount of time and effort that, I'm sure, we don't quite have to spare.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Why did you make Kenji so insane and downright annoying? I don't see how anyone can survive without skip mode.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

He's our (A22's) take on the idiot best friend trope. We made him annoying just to piss specifically you off.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Why did you make Kenji so insane and downright annoying? I don't see how anyone can survive without skip mode.
Everyone else loves him. Except for Hisao...
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

ArcCain wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:Why did you make Kenji so insane and downright annoying? I don't see how anyone can survive without skip mode.
Everyone else loves him. Except for Hisao...
Everyone else?

Wait, let me formulate a feminism rant.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Atario

Post by Atario »

What's something you wanted, but were vetoed by the other devs on?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

We didn't work that way. No one had a real veto power over anything or anyone. You always had to argue for your opinion, not just say flat out "no" to someone else's idea. "This is a really bad idea, don't do it" still left it up for debate. Sometimes the effect was the same, one person's condemnation killing an idea, but other times even vehement objections from multiple people didn't result in a bad idea being scrapped. You could say that's a reverse veto I guess. Such is the way of 4LS's development model.

Off the top of my head, I only remember one time where something like a veto happened with me involved. A Misha route was suggested (pretty seriously), and I said "not gonna happen", but that was just me vocalising a foregone conclusion, because it was not gonna happen.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Cue countless NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs ripped from the throats of as many Misha fans. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Atario

Post by Atario »

Aura wrote:Off the top of my head, I only remember one time where something like a veto happened with me involved. A Misha route was suggested (pretty seriously), and I said "not gonna happen", but that was just me vocalising a foregone conclusion, because it was not gonna happen.
I guess that's what I had more in mind — someone wanting something and everyone else dismissing it, and it doesn't happen.

But you do realize you can name the dev who wanted the Misha route (or the dev him-/herself can do it) and that person will be worshiped forever, right?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:But you do realize you can name the dev who wanted the Misha route (or the dev him-/herself can do it) and that person will be worshiped forever, right?
And why would he do that? :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
MaxwellAbstruse c:

Post by MaxwellAbstruse c: »

Herro there.
As I am aware of the Copyright Licenses under KS I wanted to ask, would it be okay for there to be a transcription of the VN to a novel format? Assuming specific routes were chosen for focus, as long as the credit went to 4LS studios as well as the licenseing type, would this be allowed? There wouldn't be any art from the game , it being a novel, but the story would be literally transcribed to a readable format. Please let me know on the verdict whenever you get the chance and thank you! c:
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Silentcook wrote:Cue countless NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs ripped from the throats of as many Misha fans. :mrgreen:
I'll admit, I'm a little salty.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Silentcook wrote:Cue countless NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs ripped from the throats of as many Misha fans. :mrgreen:
Well it always felt as if Misha was supposed to have a route but it was scraped at some point. Would have wanted to see one but sometimes some things don't make it in.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

MaxwellAbstruse c: wrote:Herro there.
As I am aware of the Copyright Licenses under KS I wanted to ask, would it be okay for there to be a transcription of the VN to a novel format? Assuming specific routes were chosen for focus, as long as the credit went to 4LS studios as well as the licenseing type, would this be allowed? There wouldn't be any art from the game , it being a novel, but the story would be literally transcribed to a readable format. Please let me know on the verdict whenever you get the chance and thank you! c:
No.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ArcCain wrote:
Well it always felt as if Misha was supposed to have a route but it was scraped at some point. Would have wanted to see one but sometimes some things don't make it in.
That's the thing: she wasn't supposed to have a route, which is why shooting down the suggestion was immediate and easy.