Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Hi devs, I having wondering about Misha's name for a long time. So her real name is Shiina Mikado but why does everyone call her Misha?

Why not make "Misha" her real name instead of a nick name since I don't recall her real name coming out in the VN?
Everyone calls her by her nickname because that's what a nickname is.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

newnar wrote:Eh I dunno if this is a stupid question but WTF is the Shimmie section of the site? Is it like some sort of KS deviantart? And how do I create an account over there cause I can't seem to use my forum account.
Shimmie is a gallery of KS fan art where people can comment on the pictures. You can't create an account there nor upload images yourself, only comment as anonymous. This is because we don't want to bother ourselves too much with the administration of shimmie.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

KSmaniac wrote:I've only one question: Why the recruitment for the team dev is still on going? Is still there any projects hidden?

That should be revealed, even if the ETA of it is another 5 years. So whats the problem? All of us can wait patiently for this kind of masterpiece. And anyways, the more people in the team, the faster it gets.
The recruitment for dev team is not ongoing, it has been closed since 2009. If you are confused by the archived recruitment forum, you should look closer. It explicitely says that we aren't recruiting anyone, and nobody can post on the subforum.

Also I should remind people to not reply to questions in this thread to avoid clogging it up.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

gunlocksp wrote:Question.... (Forgive me if this has been asked before... ) ^^"

Is Jigoro in any way modeled after Richard Wellington http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Richard_Wellington? I have no idea why but both of them share an uncanny similarity.... =.="
Afaik, no.
Drake

Post by Drake »

I've said this before in several other threads, but I really like the sex scene between Hisao and Rin. I think Aura did an excellent job with that.
It was touching, romantic and sensual rather then outright sexual, which is what you come to expect from most eroges. That is why I'm asking: Do you have any more stuff like that Aura? Or are you planning/willing to write more? Maybe a short fanfic or something?
Bara

Post by Bara »

cemex wrote:Hey guys, if you all had a chance to push a reset button and start over, how would you change the way the story was told
Aura wrote:
shogg wrote: 4. Is there any way I could get my hands on one of the KS pins that was in a previous reply, or an Artbook?
4. It's pretty difficult I think
To give you an idea how difficult it was to acquire the pins, I had to fly from Melbourne to L.A. on my own dime and purchase them in person. After putting in all this effort, I was only able to acquire one pin. Fortunately there was an anime convention going on at the time so it wasn't a complete waste
Are you talking about the set VCR did for AnimeExpo back in 2010? To get those:
Step 1. Know someone with a time machine...

Seriously, The 7 pins I pre-ordered from VCR and got mailed to me are something I prize. I keep them on the same shelf where I have my books autographed by David Weber and Eric Flint.

Since the full release, have any Cons expressed interest in having any of the writers, artists, or editors and directors attend as part of panels etcetera? I know Suriko and someone else who slips my mind right now (Cpl_Crud?) did a panel at a Con in Australia. (Anyone have a link to the audio recording? I'm a lazy bastard.)
Do you figure you might have a higher profile now? Maybe demand bowls full of M&M's with all blue ones picked out like VN rock stars? :lol:
(VN rock stars! There is a new oxymoron.) :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Are Hanako's burns 2nd or 3rd degree? (that is, if they come in contact with something, does it feel painful or doesn't she feel anything at all with those parts of her body?)

Also, if a japanese translation would be finished, would you consider redoing Hanako's sex CG to hide the naughty bits instead of mosaïcing one pic out or is the "no private parts"-law there only an issue with VNs that are made and sold in Japan?
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Question for Suriko:

Is their any paticular reason, why of all the things you could have chosen for Lilly's Western ancestry, that you chose Scottish?
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Guest wrote:Hi devs, I having wondering about Misha's name for a long time. So her real name is Shiina Mikado but why does everyone call her Misha?

Why not make "Misha" her real name instead of a nick name since I don't recall her real name coming out in the VN?

It isn't really a real name, and after the fracas with "Iwanako" we didn't want to do it again.

"Misha" was also influenced by Hannibal Rising.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
OpusEponymous

Post by OpusEponymous »

-
Last edited by OpusEponymous on Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are shadows of the dying sun.
Theeyebrowsofdoom

Post by Theeyebrowsofdoom »

I just finished reading all the posts in this thread.

Aura, based on the notion that the character in your avatar is your moefication, I'm compelled to ask, are you female, or is she moe you genderbent?
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Did Karla, Lilly's mother, make any actual visible appearances in the game at any point during development, or was she always going to be just that distant voice over the phone?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

What couldn't the standard Renpy engine do that required modifications for KS?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Drake wrote:I've said this before in several other threads, but I really like the sex scene between Hisao and Rin. I think Aura did an excellent job with that.
It was touching, romantic and sensual rather then outright sexual, which is what you come to expect from most eroges. That is why I'm asking: Do you have any more stuff like that Aura? Or are you planning/willing to write more? Maybe a short fanfic or something?
Well, sure I've written some other stuff than KS, but it's mostly fragments and short bits that I used to practice for KS, or stuff I wouldn't want to show to anyone. You can search the fanfic forum for the few rare bits that I posted there. Don't recall any of them having sex though, except this: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1488 , which is also coincidentally the only non-KS text of mine.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Bara wrote: Since the full release, have any Cons expressed interest in having any of the writers, artists, or editors and directors attend as part of panels etcetera? I know Suriko and someone else who slips my mind right now (Cpl_Crud?) did a panel at a Con in Australia. (Anyone have a link to the audio recording? I'm a lazy bastard.)
Do you figure you might have a higher profile now? Maybe demand bowls full of M&M's with all blue ones picked out like VN rock stars? :lol:
(VN rock stars! There is a new oxymoron.) :twisted:
Yeah at least I was invited to a convention (but declined). Don't know about the others.