Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valjean Lafitte

Re: Ask!

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

I think what might be asking is whether or not he'd be allowed to release some of the early version of the songs. The original mix of Parity, for example, and the early tracks that Nicol posted on his blog back in January.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Is there was anything I would want it would be the Player Guide and Kawasoft Artbook translated to English. Though it might be a bit of a niche thing? I don't know how many would read it.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Mythic wrote:Ive been wondering that for the 3rd anniversary of Katawa Shoujo, that I release the original OST that was in the EARLY versions.
So yeah, Im talking about the Act 1 versions of the songs. Also its awesome that he released the super early songs that he made before 2008, maybe I should include those.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Mythic wrote:Hey guys! I really admire NicolArmafi's work and Ive been wondering that for the 3rd anniversary of Katawa Shoujo, that I release the original OST that was in the early versions, aptly titled
"Ephemeral Box of Sound". Obviously its free and I even gave proper credit, so is that all right?
I would really prefer if you didn't. The main reasons being that, for one, we never actually released the original Act 1 tracks. Any files you could find of the original Act 1 music would have been ripped from the game by someone not from 4ls, which goes against the game license. I'm also personally not happy with the quality of the original Act 1 music, which is why I rewrote most of it in the first place. I'd rather just have the most correct version of the music out there. Third, if there was going to be any release of music I've written I would like to be in charge of it, and I'm sure any of the other composers represented on the Act 1 OST would feel the same (and I haven't really heard from any of them).

So while I appreciate the gesture, please do not take it upon yourself to release mine or any other 4ls music. If I see fit to do so I will work something out with the rest of the team and come up with an official release in the future.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Nicol, who is that in your avatar? Been meaning to ask for the longest time…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I can answer that. It's Nicol himself, a crop of a group pic of 4LS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Aura wrote:I can answer that. It's Nicol himself, a crop of a group pic of 4LS.
Hmm, is it private or can it be found on shimmie or somewhere else?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Sure, it was accompanying a blog post some years ago.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hUP2Dkjr4kY/T ... eryone.png
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Aura wrote:Sure, it was accompanying a blog post some years ago.

Wow, nice. :)

Hmm, is this based on real life or is it just made for fun?
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Nicol Armarfi wrote: I would really prefer if you didn't. The main reasons being that, for one, we never actually released the original Act 1 tracks. Any files you could find of the original Act 1 music would have been ripped from the game by someone not from 4ls, which goes against the game license. I'm also personally not happy with the quality of the original Act 1 music, which is why I rewrote most of it in the first place. I'd rather just have the most correct version of the music out there. Third, if there was going to be any release of music I've written I would like to be in charge of it, and I'm sure any of the other composers represented on the Act 1 OST would feel the same (and I haven't really heard from any of them).

So while I appreciate the gesture, please do not take it upon yourself to release mine or any other 4ls music. If I see fit to do so I will work something out with the rest of the team and come up with an official release in the future.
Although technically it wasnt ripped through hacking the game (I simply recorded the audio), I as a fellow artist respect your decision and will refrain from releasing it. But I do implore that you officially release it because even if you dont like your music, it doesnt mean no one else will (Me and my friends compared Act 1 to KEY's soundtracks!). Anyways thanks for responding, peace!
Vidi, vici, veni.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Well, of course you know the next question: which figures represent which people?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Mythic

Post by Mythic »

Atario wrote:
Well, of course you know the next question: which figures represent which people?
You know, now that I look at it... Why is there an astronaut and who chose him?
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Atario wrote:
I believe, from left to right, the characters represent Crud, Hivemind, Yujovi, climatic, Silentcook, Suriko, Kagami, VCR, Delta, Aura, A22, me, raemz, moekki, kamifish, Raide, and finally pimmy. Take it with a grain of salt.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I think those are all correct, except Takashi (between kagami and delta) is climatic's representation. The person between yujovi and SC can't be VCR though. Maybe it's Mike Inel? Only weee knows.
ArcCain wrote:
Aura wrote:Sure, it was accompanying a blog post some years ago.

Wow, nice. :)

Hmm, is this based on real life or is it just made for fun?
Some of them approximate some real physical characteristics, most don't.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I know that usually we're supposed to save space in this topic, but I can't help but state the obvious here for emphasis... 4LS is freaking adorable.

Yes, even you, SIlentCook.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"