Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Shail wrote:I've heard this mentioned before and wanted to get it cleared up: In regards to the Shizune route(I can hear people groaning already..), did something happen with it? I heard that the original writer for the Shizune arc left at somepoint and the arc was taken over by someone who hated her? Can I get a yay or a nay on this? If it's been asked before then I apologize, the prospect of searching through 200 pages of something other than a fan fic sounds depressing to me. Now... 200 pages of- nvm
No. Looks like you've been hearing some baseless rumours. The only routes whose writing staff changed during the development are Lilly's and Hanako's.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

KeiichiO wrote:
Aura wrote:Discussing it is forbidden here, and results in immediate ban.
Wow. Harsh.

Anywho, is it ever explained where Shizune's mother is? I don't remember a reference of her in the VN. Then again, it's been months since I've touched the thing. I hardly remember anything that isn't Hanako or Emi's route.
She's in Kenji's box.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Shail

Post by Shail »

Is the change in Hanako's route the reason it was shortened from Alpha to Release?

A
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Shail wrote:Is the change in Hanako's route the reason it was shortened from Alpha to Release?

A
I wrote like 5 posts above this that talking about the alpha leak is grounds for a ban here. You don't really want to do that.
Shail

Post by Shail »

Aura wrote:
Shail wrote:Is the change in Hanako's route the reason it was shortened from Alpha to Release?

A
I wrote like 5 posts above this that talking about the alpha leak is grounds for a ban here. You don't really want to do that.
o-o... *scrolls back a page* oh.. d'aww I towwies
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
Aizer

Post by Aizer »

The people that wrote the routes, their names are public?
The real ones i mean.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Aizer wrote:The people that wrote the routes, their names are public?
The real ones i mean.
Crud uses his real name pretty commonly in public contexts. The rest of us not so commonly.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Aizer wrote:The people that wrote the routes, their names are public?
The real ones i mean.
Mostly they are not. At this time, that's how I prefer it.
WarbirdHD
Location: A place where all there is is blood, death, destruction, and rainbows.

Post by WarbirdHD »

Hey Aura! The rumored (I think it is at least) Katawa Shoujo II has gotten me to thinking, will the main character, or rather protagonist, still be Hisao, or will it be a new one? I hope for the latter, which is very likely. Who would be the routes if so? Would it be the time of Hisao (3rd year at the same time Hisao was there. That's in case you were confused by my poor explanation.) or would it be something else? I understand these were a lot of questions regarding this rumor, but the more the merrier, am I correct?

Anyways, give the team my thanks for such an amazing game if you would.
WarbirdHD out!
WarbirdHD
Location: A place where all there is is blood, death, destruction, and rainbows.

Post by WarbirdHD »

WarbirdHD wrote:Hey Aura! The rumored (I think it is at least) Katawa Shoujo II has gotten me to thinking, will the main character, or rather protagonist, still be Hisao, or will it be a new one? I hope for the latter, which is very likely. Who would be the routes if so? Would it be the time of Hisao (3rd year at the same time Hisao was there. That's in case you were confused by my poor explanation.) or would it be something else? I understand these were a lot of questions regarding this rumor, but the more the merrier, am I correct?

I do hope there's nothing wrong with discussing this.
WarbirdHD out!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Reading the FAQ might help:
The FAQ wrote:Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

WarbirdHD wrote:Hey Aura! The rumored (I think it is at least) Katawa Shoujo II has gotten me to thinking, will the main character, or rather protagonist, still be Hisao, or will it be a new one? I hope for the latter, which is very likely. Who would be the routes if so? Would it be the time of Hisao (3rd year at the same time Hisao was there. That's in case you were confused by my poor explanation.) or would it be something else? I understand these were a lot of questions regarding this rumor, but the more the merrier, am I correct?

What rumors? The devs said countless times that no more work will be put into the ks universe/whatever
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
FeroxAnima

Post by FeroxAnima »

It's definitely been asked before, but I can't find it and I just have to know, so sorry in advance.

My native language is Hebrew (in which the vowels work relatively similar to Japanese), so pronouncing most of the names was really easy for me.
But there's one name whose proper pronounciation I just can't figure out on my own.
Hanako.
I know it's weird XD Seems like one of the names that are the easiest to pronounce...
I just can't figure out whether it's HA-nako or ha-NA-ko.
Help, someone :lol:
Also, "Katawa Shoujo" - I tend to pronounce it as KA-tawa Shoujo, is that correct or is it Ka-TA-wa?
As in, which part of the words is accentuated? (Sorry if that's the wrong term for this; that's the best I could get out of Google Translate :D)
"May the Force be ever in your favor."
Effie-Wan Trinoby

If you happen to have a spare copy of the Midwinter artbook for sale, I'd be grateful if you let me know :D

That one day was a good one.
Shail

Post by Shail »

Unfortunately the rumors for a KS2 and KS3 stem from a dev blob stating that KS2 was cancelled, and that they would skip straight to KS3. This was posted on April 1st

There will be NOTHING new related to KS aside from occasional art as far as I know, no game updates, no new content, no new game, nothing. While I wish that wasn't true, I see no signs indicating otherwise unless the devs are hiding it for a surprise, which I just don't see happening.

Hah nah koh

Kah tah wah shoh joh

h is the letter of the day.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

FeroxAnima wrote:It's definitely been asked before, but I can't find it and I just have to know, so sorry in advance.

My native language is Hebrew (in which the vowels work relatively similar to Japanese), so pronouncing most of the names was really easy for me.
Really? thats odd considering Hebrew is a semitic language and Japanease is far from being semitic. odd
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014