Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

danfs

Re: Hello there~

Post by danfs »

Dravening wrote:Kinda new to those forums here, and as I saw, there is still activity after all those years and I am quite glad to see that.
I noticed that the last version of this game is finally released, and there will be no more after it, reaching it's end as a wonderful game.
I do have some questions and I already know that they are probably answered before to these forums, but my time is limited and makes the searching for them diffucult for me to find them. As a big fan of the game, I would like to know from the developers themselves:

1- Since this game made it's final steps, what are the plans for the future from all of you? If there are still plans, will those plans be made for a new game, like entirely? A KS2 was as I saw not a suitable option, so maybe a similar game with a similar concept is in your field of views?
If details cannot unfortunately be told or explained, is a "time period" possible to be mentioned for those plans to be made from all of you?

2- This must sound like a weird question, but is there an online place that you sell products from this, or from further games?

3- Last but maybe a bit too much as a question. How old are you guys that worked for this visual novel? I am mostly asking this because I am kinda interested to know about people themselves putting that much spirit for project like this, and I would love to see myself also helping for the creation of such a masterpiece.

I apologise if I am making you repeat your answers from those frequently asked question(if asked already). Thank you for taking your time to read this and good luck with whatever you decide to do and follow with your lives!~

Sincerly, a fan of your work.
About the third question, some of them answered it already at Page 303 ( I asked a-a)
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Ask!

Post by cpl_crud »

1 - most of us are working on something; I would check our Twitter feeds etc (or forum signatures below...)

2 - not really. Sometimes there are artbooks sold by the artists at conventions but that is about it. I have seen some websites that are making KS merchandise but these are mostly on their own bat.
3- I was 23-28 during development
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Dravening

Re: Hello there~

Post by Dravening »

danfs wrote:
Dravening wrote:Kinda new to those forums here, and as I saw, there is still activity after all those years and I am quite glad to see that.
I noticed that the last version of this game is finally released, and there will be no more after it, reaching it's end as a wonderful game.
I do have some questions and I already know that they are probably answered before to these forums, but my time is limited and makes the searching for them diffucult for me to find them. As a big fan of the game, I would like to know from the developers themselves:

1- Since this game made it's final steps, what are the plans for the future from all of you? If there are still plans, will those plans be made for a new game, like entirely? A KS2 was as I saw not a suitable option, so maybe a similar game with a similar concept is in your field of views?
If details cannot unfortunately be told or explained, is a "time period" possible to be mentioned for those plans to be made from all of you?

2- This must sound like a weird question, but is there an online place that you sell products from this, or from further games?

3- Last but maybe a bit too much as a question. How old are you guys that worked for this visual novel? I am mostly asking this because I am kinda interested to know about people themselves putting that much spirit for project like this, and I would love to see myself also helping for the creation of such a masterpiece.

I apologise if I am making you repeat your answers from those frequently asked question(if asked already). Thank you for taking your time to read this and good luck with whatever you decide to do and follow with your lives!~

Sincerly, a fan of your work.
About the third question, some of them answered it already at Page 303 ( I asked a-a)

Oh damn I have made it to 304-305 only, sorry a-a
Dravening

Post by Dravening »

cpl_crud wrote:1 - most of us are working on something; I would check our Twitter feeds etc (or forum signatures below...)

2 - not really. Sometimes there are artbooks sold by the artists at conventions but that is about it. I have seen some websites that are making KS merchandise but these are mostly on their own bat.
Will check Twitter from time to time, that's for sure!~
Also thank you for the responces, pretty awesome~
What have you guys/girls studied before joining gaming industry? Have you also worked previously on smaller games or projects?
Lelouch Vi Britannia

Post by Lelouch Vi Britannia »

Not sure if this has been asked so apologies if you heard this question already(haven't visited the forums in a while) but are there any plans for putting the Katawa Shoujo OST on Spotify?
Last edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Dravening wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:1 - most of us are working on something; I would check our Twitter feeds etc (or forum signatures below...)

Will check Twitter from time to time, that's for sure!~
Also thank you for the responces, pretty awesome~
What have you guys/girls studied before joining gaming industry? Have you also worked previously on smaller games or projects?

I had a BSc, major/minor physics, before joining.

I had written for a few magazines and was also part of WinD fansubs. We did Higurashi and a few other Anime.

Now I have more boring degrees, and apart for looking at Square Enix's HQ from my office I have very little connection to the gaming industry

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
orian34

Post by orian34 »

Do you actually read some early dev writings you made at that time? And how much of an improvement was it(from back then to now)?
Aura wrote:I rather do something I actually like on my free time, even if it means I lose the opportunity to financially exploit my fans.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

orian34 wrote:Do you actually read some early dev writings you made at that time? And how much of an improvement was it(from back then to now)?
Chalk and Cheese

------
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Lelouch Vi Britannia wrote:Not sure if this has been asked so apologies if you heard this question already(haven't visited the forums in a while) but are there any plans for putting the Katawa Shoujo OST on Spotify?
No.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Lelouch Vi Britannia wrote:Not sure if this has been asked so apologies if you heard this question already(haven't visited the forums in a while) but are there any plans for putting the Katawa Shoujo OST on Spotify?
You know that you can get the OST from KS main site right? There are also some other tracks spread out on the forum, like Summer's Clover and alt/unused versions of the tracks.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Lelouch Vi Britannia

Post by Lelouch Vi Britannia »

ArcCain wrote:
You know that you can get the OST from KS main site right? There are also some other tracks spread out on the forum, like Summer's Clover and alt/unused versions of the tracks.
Yes I know :P Just thought, since I'm seeing things like Clannad get on spotify; why not KS.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

I've read that Kenji was somewhat based on A22. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that A22 doesn't believe in a global feminist conspiracy, so in what way?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:I've read that Kenji was somewhat based on A22. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that A22 doesn't believe in a global feminist conspiracy, so in what way?
I'm not a writer, but I don't know that he was based on 22 so much as he was 22's character. I think 22 just used the character as an outlet for a lot of his personal quirkiness. Both 22 and Kenji have a habit of steering conversations into these hilarious off topic rants. The way they speak is also similar.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:I've read that Kenji was somewhat based on A22. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that A22 doesn't believe in a global feminist conspiracy, so in what way?
I'm not a writer, but I don't know that he was based on 22 so much as he was 22's character. I think 22 just used the character as an outlet for a lot of his personal quirkiness. Both 22 and Kenji have a habit of steering conversations into these hilarious off topic rants. The way they speak is also similar.
The question I really wanted to ask you was this: when you composed KS music, what exactly was on your mind? Did your colleagues just give you images and ideas, or did they point you to pre-existing soundtracks like that from Higurashi and say, "Something a bit like that?"

The thing is that after listening to quite a number of VN soundtracks, yours is still the best ever in-game OST of this kind. The newer versions you've produced (and the rest of the music under your 'SS' name) are even better!

One reason I'm asking is that we only just found out that you had never played the game before. Did you even have a chance to read the scripts?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

brythain wrote:when you composed KS music, what exactly was on your mind? Did your colleagues just give you images and ideas, or did they point you to pre-existing soundtracks like that from Higurashi and say, "Something a bit like that?"
More often than not I would just give the rest of the team something I had written on my own for fun and if they thought they could use it in KS, they'd find a spot for it. I wasn't necessarily writing with KS in mind a lot of the time. Off the top of my head, specific examples where I was instructed to write something were the main themes for the five girls, the Act 2 videos, and Red Velvet.
One reason I'm asking is that we only just found out that you had never played the game before. Did you even have a chance to read the scripts?
I could have read it during development but I just wasn't interested at the time. I did care about KS, but I didn't like VNs in general and never had the urge to read it. It wasn't until recently I caught the nostalgia bug and wanted to see what exactly it was my friends and I had made. I've sort of lost interest again after finishing a route, but I did enjoy it and I'll definitely be reading the others in due time.