Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Bailey wrote:I have a feeling my question was missed by accident :P

What was the compliment Shizune signed the first time they go to the Shanghai? The one that Misha refuses to translate because it was too nice :)?
Super specific Shizune-related questions rarely get answered because 22 almost never answers anything here. I can't remember if there's an answer off the top of my head, can't even recall the line you're talking about.

So yeah, the compliment was about the massive and obvious erection Hisao was sporting.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

no way, japanese have small dicks
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
AMerePerson

Post by AMerePerson »

sanduba wrote:no way, japanese have small dicks
But this is Hisao.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

cheaproomd wrote:why does the Shizune route suck so bad?
OHHH HEEEELLLL NAAAAAWWW
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
sanduba

Post by sanduba »

AMerePerson wrote:
sanduba wrote:no way, japanese have small dicks
But this is Hisao.
Hisao is japanese, damn!
Best story:
Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Emi > Shizune

best girl:
Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Rin

Eh, that's my opinion.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Please stop posting in this thread if you're not a dev or ask a serious question. :|
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Thanatos02

Post by Thanatos02 »

I've actually been curious about this for a long time, so I figured I'd go ahead and stick my neck out.
I've heard that Suriko had to continue Hanako's route after cpl_crud left the project. How exactly did that work out? Did you have an outline to work from, or is everything from the point you started at Suriko-original material? Also, did you edit or change anything that was already set in the story by the previous writer?
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Thanatos02 wrote:I've actually been curious about this for a long time, so I figured I'd go ahead and stick my neck out.
I've heard that Suriko had to continue Hanako's route after cpl_crud left the project. How exactly did that work out? Did you have an outline to work from, or is everything from the point you started at Suriko-original material? Also, did you edit or change anything that was already set in the story by the previous writer?
It's pretty much just Aura who answers questions here, but theres an interview with cpl_crud on youtube somewhere, I think he mentions it there.
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

I might be a bit slow on this, but I just noticed that there was a 1.1 version. And the question I am about to ask might sound a bit stupid again. Would there be any chance of any additions to Katawa Shoujo OST in, say, some future versions? I mean, if the musical devs who worked on this project are still working on some new music, or if you had a new dev for OSTs-

well, whatever, you got the point. Is there any chance that future versions will include any extra BGM by any chance? Maybe even slightest?
Or will they only feature new translations and maybe little typo fixes here and there? Could they feature any other thing other than translations and typo fixes?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Additions of whatever kind aside from translations are pretty much out of the question. However, if I remember correctly 1.1 featured an update to one of the platform engines, slight modifications to some backgrounds, and one remastered BGM using live sax, in addition to some text fixes.

So while it's unlikely to see much more, it's not entirely impossible for a few refinements to happen.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

AMerePerson

Post by AMerePerson »

This probably was asked before, considering it was pointed out in a joke, but at Shizune's bad end the CGhad Shizune in a very odd proportion to the stairs she was sitting on. Was this due to an artist's simple mistake, or was it caused by something else?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Erenussocrates wrote:Would there be any chance of any additions to Katawa Shoujo OST in, say, some future versions? I mean, if the musical devs who worked on this project are still working on some new music, or if you had a new dev for OSTs-

well, whatever, you got the point. Is there any chance that future versions will include any extra BGM by any chance? Maybe even slightest?
No, sorry. At the moment, I'm the only musician left around here and I don't have any reason to supplement the KS soundtrack; for one, introducing a new music track into the game would require it to be written in. Someone would have to go into the game and program it in, and then go through the entire game script and figure out what to do with it. It's an incredible amount of effort for such a small addition to the overall experience. Second, I have no reason to remake the existing tracks, since I already did that during development. The only reason the new Red Velvet was put into the game was because we weren't happy with the quality of the saxophone sound we used in the original, and someone just happened to record a live version on their own and hand it to us on a platter. I might be interested in remixing or arranging some of the music from KS for a separate album sometime in the future, but currently I have no plans.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

This was just pointed out in the fan fiction section:
dewelar wrote:This was a fun story, I agree. There's one problem, and it's one I only noticed when I was going through Lilly's route last night (and one I think I've perpetuated a couple times myself).

Yes, Miyagi is female (per "Promise of Time"), but that means she can't be the English teacher, because (per "Little Wing") the English teacher is male - although I suppose that's why the suspension was written into the story, the timing seems...off. I don't think it was ever specified what subject Miyagi teaches normally.
So, my questions are:

What does Miyagi teach?

What's the name of the English teacher?

Or is the gender reference in "Little Wing" wrong?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

AMerePerson wrote:This probably was asked before, considering it was pointed out in a joke, but at Shizune's bad end the CGhad Shizune in a very odd proportion to the stairs she was sitting on. Was this due to an artist's simple mistake, or was it caused by something else?
Mistake.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

The gender reference in "Little Wing" is was wrong. :( Fixed for future releases. :)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.