Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yuno

Re: RAITA

Post by Yuno »

Nagatoyuuki wrote: 『「絶対少女」に来て下さった全ての方に心から「ありがとうございました」と言いたいです。ほんとにお疲れ様でした~。』 The little moon speak I know, I can identify that he humbly thanks that coming of [something I cannot read] Shoujo. SO I guess he's happy about it. Apologies. My Kanji is terrible. He calls out a humble thanks to those who brought it into being, or..something...thats the best I can do...sorry...That was on the 5th
This isn't correct.
片輪少女 = Katawa Shoujo (Disability Girl/Girls)
絶対少女 = Zettai Shoujo (Absolute Girl/Girls)

I'm not too good at moonspeak either, but when all else fails, use Rikaichan or a Kanji dictionary.
Nagatoyuuki

Re: RAITA

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Yuno wrote:
Nagatoyuuki wrote: 『「絶対少女」に来て下さった全ての方に心から「ありがとうございました」と言いたいです。ほんとにお疲れ様でした~。』 The little moon speak I know, I can identify that he humbly thanks that coming of [something I cannot read] Shoujo. SO I guess he's happy about it. Apologies. My Kanji is terrible. He calls out a humble thanks to those who brought it into being, or..something...thats the best I can do...sorry...That was on the 5th
This isn't correct.
片輪少女 = Katawa Shoujo (Disability Girl/Girls)
絶対少女 = Zettai Shoujo (Absolute Girl/Girls)

I'm not too good at moonspeak either, but when all else fails, use Rikaichan or a Kanji dictionary.
Ah. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make that mistake. I probably would have caught onto that but I don't know much about RAITA so..I didn't know..

I'll just be quiet now. Sorry
. . .
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

The tweet in question is simply a thank you to people who came to see him in Comiket 81. Raita's doujin circle is called Zettai Shoujo. This is exactly why I asked people not to answer in this thread.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
leppiesamma

Post by leppiesamma »

In the Fragments of Summer book, Aura mentioned that some years ago, you wrote a story about an artist with no arms. Was that written before or after 4LS started and maybe even your involvement with the project? Also as a result, how much of the girl in that story then ended up becoming the Rin that we know today?
Member22

Post by Member22 »

I would like to thank you again for the great job you guys did.

I wonder, how many of the devs are there left who frequent this page? How many are in touch with you? i.e is the 4ls team fully disbanded?
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

First, thanks to all the devs for such a wonderful game!

My question is, was there any internal controversy about how Kenji's character is used as comedy relief? I mean, KS handles all the girls' handicaps nicely, but it's basically making fun of Kenji's paranoia. Always struck me as a bit contradictory, even though Kenji's hilarious.
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

Have any of the 4LS team members met in real life for the lulz/to actually discuss the game?

Do any of you plan to meet IRL, now that the game is finished?

How many lines of code does the finished game have?
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

Aura wrote:
Akroma wrote:I remember the blog post about the 24 hours mentioned a huge clusterfuck scene.

Well, now that I went through the whole game and no longer have to fear spoilers, may I ask what scene was the scene mentioned? I really couldn't spot anything that seemed like a huge clusterfuck
It's the scene in Lilly's path with the trainride (The Momentary Present), and by clusterfuck I meant that delta found it difficult to impossible to work on and had to spend many hours to get it in shape with the artists. Obviously it looks fine in the finished game because they did all that work.

hmm, that's actually interesting.

What would you say was the most difficult scene to make?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

leppiesamma wrote:In the Fragments of Summer book, Aura mentioned that some years ago, you wrote a story about an artist with no arms. Was that written before or after 4LS started and maybe even your involvement with the project? Also as a result, how much of the girl in that story then ended up becoming the Rin that we know today?
It was a reference to how I got involved with with all this: I got interested in the KS, wrote a story about Rin which eventually lead me to becoming a writer for the project.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Member22 wrote:I would like to thank you again for the great job you guys did.

I wonder, how many of the devs are there left who frequent this page? How many are in touch with you? i.e is the 4ls team fully disbanded?
While we have disbanded for the purpose of making VNs, we are still together because there's still quite a bit KS-related stuff to do and (contrary to some rumours) we are friends and simply like talking to each other. I see 10-15 4LS members daily and I'm pretty sure around the same number are visiting the forums just as actively.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:My question is, was there any internal controversy about how Kenji's character is used as comedy relief?
No. (Kind of)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Hamadyne wrote:Have any of the 4LS team members met in real life for the lulz/to actually discuss the game?

Do any of you plan to meet IRL, now that the game is finished?

How many lines of code does the finished game have?
Sure, a couple of members are real life friends with each other, all the way from before 4LS, a couple are real life siblings and some have met at anime cons. Due to our geographic distribution it's pretty impractical for everyone to meet up. Too lazy to look up the linecount, but if you disregard the script files its something between several hundred and several thousand. Including the code in the script will make that go up significantly.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Let's stir something up.

First of all, thank you to all KS Devs, and most importantly to Suriko for unleashing a torrent of that feel onto /v/.

But something irks me. From what I understand, many people claim that Lilly's route has a higher quality due to being a personal favorite on the team, while Shizune's route...was disregarded. Now I may or may not believe this; simply the messenger. Just want to know what's your perspective of this rumor?
Last edited by techk8 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Akroma

Post by Akroma »

Why was the shopkeeper of the antique store given a sprite of hiw own ?

I mean, he only appears in what, 3 scenes ?

What's the significance of the guy?

Post by Guest »

techk8 wrote:Let's stir something up.

First of all, thank you to all KS Devs, and most importantly to Suriko for unleashing a torrent of that feel onto /v/.

But something irks me. From what I understand, many people claim that Lilly's route has a higher quality due to being a personal favorite on the team, while Shizune's route...was disregarded. Now I may or may not believe this; simply the messenger. Just want to know what's your perspective of this rumor?
Each route had different writers, which is why they each differ in quality and style.

Seems that this isn't the place for discussing rumours, but I did hear that there was some internal conflict with Shizunes writer.