A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Elton

Re: Ask!

Post by Elton »

are there got a special pic in that game>?i just cant find it
hatori1181

Post by hatori1181 »

Ok. first off, I really want to say what an amazing game KS turned out to be. Second, while not really a question, please release the OST as soon as you possible can. I really want "breathlessly" and "moment of decision" on my music playlists.

but my questions is one that's been batted around a bit. Is there a "canon" ending?

Most people seem to think that Lilly's is the "canon" ending as it's the most detailed and feels more complete. I have to agree with that sentiment.

and Suriko, please let people here know if you write for anything again, because if you do, I want to read it. Lilly's route was fantastic, even if it brought me to manly tears at least 4 times during the entire run.
My original play-through schedule: Hanako, Lilly, Emi, Shizune, Rin.
After playing through the game a second time, the revised list goes like this: Lilly, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Rin.
Raide
Artist

Post by Raide »

Yuno wrote:would any of you as individuals consider joining another group of people to make another game?
Alongside KS, I've been active in VN fan-translation projects as QCer. We'll release English patches for Forest, a 2004 18+ Alice in Wonderland fairytale themed game and The Second Reproduction, a 2008 15+ fantasy otome game in a month or so. I'm also collaborating with Christine Love on her latest commercial project, Analogue, as character artist and sprite insertor and QCer. It's also still in the middle of development phase.
moonpalace

Post by moonpalace »

Guest wrote:Why did you make Emi a slut?

Was it agreed upon by everyone or just a decision that the route author made and went along with?
Aura wrote:
blazinator wrote:Seriously though, why did you make Emi like that?

It was to troll us, wasn't it? You really knew which buttons to push.
No part of the game was made to troll anyone. If you get personally offended by the thought of a fictional story character having sex, you are trolling yourself.
I like that answer. Well I really enjoyed Emi's route the most (finished Rin and half way through Lilly so far) and I'm doubting if even Shizune+Misha can equal it. Rin made me feel like I'd been injected with pure angst and it's a bit hard to take Lilly's path seriously when almost everyone speaks like 19th century aristocrats (although the sleep over birthday party was sweet). So I don't know if you're reading this, Hivemind, but I couldn't stop laughing at all the jokes and I think your writing is great. Down to earth, the characters actually manage to have a dialog that isn't interupted every other line with Hisao pointing out the obvious or being boring (yeah I know how opinionated that is of me), and every side character was used to maximum comic effect while moving the tight plot along. Made the game for me.

Couple of questions.
I like the new music but I thought the old Nocturne was fine. What made you decide to replace it?
And the new KenjixHisao roof picture?

RAITA

Post by Guest »

Does RAITA know his idea was made a reality?
Nagatoyuuki

Re: RAITA

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Guest wrote:Does RAITA know his idea was made a reality?
I second this back-of-the-mind question
. . .
AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

Nagatoyuuki wrote:
RAITA knows the game is being made. Do not know if he knows it was released.

Some discussion on the issue a while back:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4568&p=62866 (includes a quote from cpl_crud for maximal truth)
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.

Post by Guest »

AapoAlas wrote:
Nagatoyuuki wrote:
RAITA knows the game is being made. Do not know if he knows it was released.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4568&p=62866 (includes a quote from cpl_crud for maximal truth)

http://twitter.com/raita_z <--- There's his twitter, for anyone who understands moon runes and feels like letting him know the game is out.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Akroma wrote:I remember the blog post about the 24 hours mentioned a huge clusterfuck scene.

Well, now that I went through the whole game and no longer have to fear spoilers, may I ask what scene was the scene mentioned? I really couldn't spot anything that seemed like a huge clusterfuck
It's the scene in Lilly's path with the trainride (The Momentary Present), and by clusterfuck I meant that delta found it difficult to impossible to work on and had to spend many hours to get it in shape with the artists. Obviously it looks fine in the finished game because they did all that work.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Nagatoyuuki

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Guest wrote: RAITA knows the game is being made. Do not know if he knows it was released.

http://twitter.com/raita_z <--- There's his twitter, for anyone who understands moon runes and feels like letting him know the game is out.[/quote]

『「絶対少女」に来て下さった全ての方に心から「ありがとうございました」と言いたいです。ほんとにお疲れ様でした~。』 The little moon speak I know, I can identify that he humbly thanks that coming of [something I cannot read] Shoujo. SO I guess he's happy about it. Apologies. My Kanji is terrible. He calls out a humble thanks to those who brought it into being, or..something...thats the best I can do...sorry...That was on the 5th
. . .
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yuno wrote:I'm curious if I could at least get reply from one of you on this question:
Now that the game is out and the group is splitting up, would any of you as individuals consider joining another group of people to make another game? Which is to say, does anyone think they have plans to work on another game in the future with the skills they've acquired working on this one?

Unrelated: Are we free to use the characters/setting in our own media? Given that this is a first for the internet in general, I could easily see people taking on what you left off.

As a direct comment (because I assume you guys will be reading), thank you for a stupendous emotional experience. I will think about this game for many years to come.
We have no plans to one direction or another.

You are not free to use the KS intellectual property. If you want to for whatever reason, ask us, and we might or might not give permission.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

hatori1181 wrote:but my questions is one that's been batted around a bit. Is there a "canon" ending?
No.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

moonpalace wrote:Couple of questions.
I like the new music but I thought the old Nocturne was fine. What made you decide to replace it?
And the new KenjixHisao roof picture?
We edited content because we didn't think they were fine. And we are right about this stuff.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It appears so yeah but he's never really commented nor contacted us about it.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

I think If you read the legal mumbo-jumbo you'll see the whole thing is bound in a creative commons licence, which basically means 'spread for free, but no adaptations (outside of fair use) without asking'... if I'm interpreting it correctly.

Oh, and you can't claim to be the creators.