Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kazhal

Re: Ask!

Post by Kazhal »

Does it annoy you to get questions like 'Why is Emi a slut?' Because it seems to me to be pretty offensive. She likes sex, so what? It seems pretty misogynistic to me to call her derogatory names for that. So far her path was my favorite, because she told Hisao to fuck off with trying to 'fix' her, even though she loves him.
Clem

Post by Clem »

Did Kamifish also do Rin's artwork? By Rin's artwork I mean stuff like the mural and the paintings at the gallery.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:How do i fix depression caused by this game?
I really don't know. We absolutely did not expect such an emotional response.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Clem wrote:Did Kamifish also do Rin's artwork? By Rin's artwork I mean stuff like the mural and the paintings at the gallery.
No, the artist who did all of Rin's own art is climatic.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kazhal wrote:Does it annoy you to get questions like 'Why is Emi a slut?' Because it seems to me to be pretty offensive. She likes sex, so what? It seems pretty misogynistic to me to call her derogatory names for that. So far her path was my favorite, because she told Hisao to fuck off with trying to 'fix' her, even though she loves him.
I'm too thick skinned to get bothered by weak trolling on the internet
FigureFive

Post by FigureFive »

Were you guys surprised by the popularity of Misha after the Demo's release?
Last edited by FigureFive on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:
Clem wrote:Did Kamifish also do Rin's artwork? By Rin's artwork I mean stuff like the mural and the paintings at the gallery.
No, the artist who did all of Rin's own art is climatic.
BIG shout outs to him then. Rin's own art is stupendous.
Rivin

Post by Rivin »

this is kinda a short two questions..
Is it true that shinji was based off of quirks from certain 4LS crew members or something? I heard that somewhere, but couldn't find it in the old q+a to verify it, but I thought it was interesting..
My other question is, is there any particular reason you guys don't want to do VNs anymore? I mean I can understand getting burnt out or wanting to do something different, but you guys made the best VN I think I've ever played (and it seems like many could agree)... It just seems a shame we won't see any more from such talented people someday..
Thanks!
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

So, I just wanted to thank you guys for doing this. It's been a long experience that I wouldn't give for the world and I appreciate it a lot. Anyways, my question would have to be are you happy by the general reaction of all of us? It's quite depressing that all of this is over, but hey, it was a fun ride and I enjoyed it while it lasted.
"That weird motherfucker"

Post by Guest »

Did anyone directly or indirectly lose their virginity as either a cause or result of this game?
Renaissance_Man

Post by Renaissance_Man »

I would first like to thank the KS development team for their interaction with us fans. I truly appreciate the chance to ask questions directly to the developers. My question is directed primarily towards Suriko, as it specifically regards Lilly's path, though I'm sure those involved with path direction may also hold answers.

How did Lilly's character develop from the limited description Raita provided on the original sketch into the one present in the full release? I would be fascinated to learn what ideas and sources, literary or otherwise, inspired the development of Lilly's character, her actions throughout the story, and her relationship with Hisao. The blog post from last February mentioned that early written concepts formed the basis of her reserved, motherly personality, but I am highly interested in what thought processes crafted her characterization between the early drafts and the final release.

I must say that I found each girl's path very well-written and enjoyable, but Lilly's story emotionally affected me the most. Kudos to you, Suriko, for managing to awaken even the most dormant of my emotions.
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

What do you think of your own work?
This may seem to be a silly question but you yourself said that you did not expect such an emotional response. Now what about you guys?
I am rather curious about how proud you are of what you have done and how emotionally invested you were when writing the script, the music, drawing the images etc.
If someone writes a story or a song this person can say that they not only created a fine piece of work but that they also have a sort of emotional connection or emotional bond to that particular piece of work.

Now since this is kind of an intimate question I would understand if you would not wish to answer this.
Last edited by yuastnav on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"[...] it's just a ride."
finalizer

Post by finalizer »

I'm curious as to how Mike Inel got involved with the project. It felt like the FMVs were added much later in development, and was wondering what the circumstances were behind them. Not complaining of course - those were wonderful surprise additions.

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:I really don't know. We absolutely did not expect such an emotional response.

Did you see this yet?
IBlameRoadSuess

Post by IBlameRoadSuess »

I'm not really wondering anything about the game itself, but wondering if there were any plans to release the redone soundtrack from the full game.
Would be ridiculously awesome.
*Wants Red Velvet and Hokabi*
Fav Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Akira> Shizoon > Miki > Rin > Emi
Fav Character paths: Lilly = Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizoon

I feel bad for Hanako cuz it seems that she's better off by the end of the game when you pick Lilly's route as opposed to her own.
Akira X Hanako shipper :3