Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Does Hanako taste like bacon? I have heard rumors to that effect.
Only when she's wearing her eau de bacon perfume.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Triptotrno wrote:What is the name of Hanako's cutscene music, and where can I get a full version of it?
It is the full version, and may or may not be a part of the soundtrack that will be coming in the future
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Swibble wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but did you program the game software from scratch? Other than common libraries or whatever.
KS uses the Ren'Py engine.

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:Does Hanako taste like bacon? I have heard rumors to that effect.
Only when she's wearing her eau de bacon perfume.
Oh, come on. You answer his stupid questions but not mine.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

As for the DDL questions: we don't have any DDL mirror that we could link on the main site because it would get pummeled to oblivion immediately. The game is being mirrored in a whole bunch of places already though, so by some digging you can easily find a DDL source.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

TalismanTwelve wrote:This will be the last question I have for all of the KS developers. No matter what task a person sets out to do, most often they end up stopping at some point through, whether it be boredom, procrastination or just relative depression at the failures necessary to achieve success.

Why did you all decide to start KS in the first place. What drove you to look at a scan of Raita's doujin page and think to yourselves; "I'm going to make that!" I'm not asking for the cheap, indirect answer of, "why not?", or "We Felt like it."

What seriously drove all of you to make this visual novel in the first place, going through so many experiences and spending 5 years of your life on?
Fwiw, I don't think your first statement is true at all. As for the question, we like visual novels and the medium, are creative people, and thought it'd be worthwhile to try to make a VN of our own. You say that you're not looking for a simple answer, but truthfully, there isn't a complex one.
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

Is there any chance that some or even just one of the 4LS team may, in the future, hold a panel or meet and greet at any major US anime conventions?
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:Is there any chance that some or even just one of the 4LS team may, in the future, hold a panel or meet and greet at any major US anime conventions?
The people that would be most probable do something like that live outside of North America, so pretty unlikely.
Moekki
Artist

Post by Moekki »

Caesius wrote:Question for all of the developers:

Is there one single contribution that you made to the project that you can hold up and say, "this is what I am most proud of"?

For an artist, it might be a CG. For a writer, it might be a particular scene that they wrote. For delta, it might be a bit of backend magic that he worked. That stuff.
Hideaki
C27

Post by C27 »

Aura wrote:
HurricaneHarvey wrote:Is there any chance that some or even just one of the 4LS team may, in the future, hold a panel or meet and greet at any major US anime conventions?
The people that would be most probable do something like that live outside of North America, so pretty unlikely.
How would you feel about fan panels, then, and could you offer any thoughts on the matter?
Rin Tezuka, Painter, withdraws from society...
Rin Tezuka, Painter has begun a mysterious construction!

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:
You should do an Australian fan panel! There are Australian devs right?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

C27 wrote:
Aura wrote:
How would you feel about fan panels, then, and could you offer any thoughts on the matter?
If people want to talk about KS, I got nothing against it.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

rusticarmor wrote:How did the erotic scenes feel while drawing them? Was it taken super seriously, or was it sort jokingly "lets have fun with it" sort of way.

Then when you had to show it to your peers, was there any sort of shy intimacy with it? Or was it taken professionally and taken as just another piece of art?
-I had a lot of fun with Emi's H scenes, personally. I have a sort of matter-of-fact view on that sort of thing. It was fun to try out drawing the sorts of poses and stuff you see all the time in H pictures. Living at home only made it slightly awkward in a "look over my shoulder" sort of way. H scenes are kind of more stressful though because you gotta make sure the anatomy is at least acceptable. I also liked being able to basically draw Emi's body how I saw fit!

-More of the latter, at least for me. I freely joke about it with people online and irl, often times pretty crassly!
anarki

Post by anarki »

How is the current stance on fan translations (on non-officia languages)?
I used to translate often on fansubs and would be delighted to translate KS :)
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

I don't know what all meds are typically prescribed for Hisao's condition but it's mentioned often that he has several different ones he takes. Since many medications don't react well with alchohol I was expecting something to happen with a possibile reaction given all the drinking in Lilly's arc but it never did. Was the various meds typical for his condition researched and shown not to have any adverse reactions with alchohol or did the thought never occure that there could be any potential problems with the drinking and his meds?