Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

mnbvcxz11

Re: Ask!

Post by mnbvcxz11 »

cpl_crud wrote:
Woody Alien wrote: "Iwanako" is the bastardization of a Polish name of a friend of mine.
oh lol :3
Hanako>Lilly>Rin=Emi=Shizune
i can't really write in english, i am not native english speaker, sorry :c
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Woody Alien wrote:Heh, mine was a half-joke question, don't be upset about it :)

I have another one: when Kenji refers to Iwanako as "rock-fish-kid chick", what does it mean? Is this a play on words on the pronounciation of her name or something?
岩魚子, 岩=rock, 魚=fish and 子=child.

crud covered the origins of the name, so the less said about that the better...
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

XxSaberxX

Post by XxSaberxX »

I bet this has been asked before, but I really have to do it - Will there be a KS 2.........????
mnbvcxz11

Post by mnbvcxz11 »

XxSaberxX wrote:I bet this has been asked before, but I really have to do it - Will there be a KS 2.........????
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4717
Suriko wrote:Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Hanako>Lilly>Rin=Emi=Shizune
i can't really write in english, i am not native english speaker, sorry :c
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Starting to think that should be some kind of test for when new users sign up. It'll ask them, "Will there be a KS 2?" and they have to click/type "NO" in order to have an account. That oughta stem the flow of the same goddamn question, right?
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Starting to think that should be some kind of test for when new users sign up. It'll ask them, "Will there be a KS 2?" and they have to click/type "NO" in order to have an account. That oughta stem the flow of the same goddamn question, right?
Tremendous idea, I say.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

So, who's the girl in the white dress holding the umbrella in the CG of Hisao, Shizune and Misha holding hands?

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

A random bypasser.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

Silentcook wrote:A random bypasser.
Well, that's disappointing... I was hoping it was another extra character with an actual name.

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Sorry to disappoint, but extras are just that - extras. Having every one of them fleshed out would go against their very purpose.

mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

Silentcook wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but extras are just that - extras. Having every one of them fleshed out would go against their very purpose.
Well, I wasn't exactly looking for a character with all the details; I kinda just thought the umbrella girl had some sort of tiny significance. But okay, you have a point, SC. :P

Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Then you should read up on Davin Felth

A little can go a long way
Josh_Mac

Post by Josh_Mac »

Is there any way to view the script.rpy file for KS? I've been messing about with Ren'Py, and I'm curious as to how a number of KS' effects were pulled off, such as some of the screen effects and background things, like where the scene fills with the list of Hisao's medications. If it's not possible I understand, but it'd be much appreciated. Thanks!
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Silentcook wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but extras are just that - extras. Having every one of them fleshed out would go against their very purpose.
Indeed. Also, I reckon we wouldn't have nearly as much awesome fanfiction to read. Hmm. Maybe someone should put parasol-girl into a fanfic.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Speak for yourself. You should read Catch-22, nearly every character is explained in detail. (And there are 50+ characters.)

Begins to get a bit confusing when everyone has names like Sargent Black or Corporal Danbury.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"