Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nagatoyuuki

Re: Ask!

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Question to any of the writers. Though I understand that your free time was mainly working on the project, as a writer myself must know; During development, or whilst planning out or writing scenes, did you ever get any ideas or inspiration for stories not related to KS?
. . .
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Why did you change the original uniforms from the coloured RAITA design to the Grid1 green uniforms and then back again with further releases?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:How did some of the art from the final game get out early (you could spot some of it on /a/, for example)? Was it deliberate?
Are you sure that was leaked art and not something from the trailers?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I list here and here some observations I made while playing through the Emi route which I think indicate that Emi was intended to be the "natural" route that players go through first. I also point out some of the negative consequences that Emi's Act 1 presentation had on her reception up until release.

What are the thoughts of the development team on these points?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Nagatoyuuki wrote:Question to any of the writers. Though I understand that your free time was mainly working on the project, as a writer myself must know; During development, or whilst planning out or writing scenes, did you ever get any ideas or inspiration for stories not related to KS?
Sure, we thought up and even wrote plenty of other stuff.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

scott1and wrote:Why did you change the original uniforms from the coloured RAITA design to the Grid1 green uniforms and then back again with further releases?
Lead artist at the time wanted to design a new uniform. After he quit we reverted back to RAITA's design.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Caesius wrote:I list here and here some observations I made while playing through the Emi route which I think indicate that Emi was intended to be the "natural" route that players go through first. I also point out some of the negative consequences that Emi's Act 1 presentation had on her reception up until release.

What are the thoughts of the development team on these points?
The design of Act 1 was that unless you chased after Hanako/Lilly/Shizune, you'd probably end up with Emi. It doesn't mean that we meant players to read it first, however. The stories are not dependent on each other, they can be read in any order.
There's a very obvious correlation between characters with big, emotional endings in Act 1 (Shizune, Rin) getting more popularity than ones without (Emi). In the full game it doesn't matter (and we obviously always worked with the full game in mind), but Emi fans and to a lesser extent, fans of Lilly and Hanako too were disappointed that their favourite characters didn't get as epic Act 1 ending as Shizune did.
Nagatoyuuki

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

Aura wrote:
Nagatoyuuki wrote:Question to any of the writers. Though I understand that your free time was mainly working on the project, as a writer myself must know; During development, or whilst planning out or writing scenes, did you ever get any ideas or inspiration for stories not related to KS?
Sure, we thought up and even wrote plenty of other stuff.
Did you ever feel that you wrote said stuff because you wanted to get your mind of KS for a while? Or as an embellishment on your understanding of your characters or motives?
. . .
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Aura wrote:The design of Act 1 was that unless you chased after Hanako/Lilly/Shizune, you'd probably end up with Emi. It doesn't mean that we meant players to read it first, however. The stories are not dependent on each other, they can be read in any order.
There is, however, the issue of the letter from Iwanako. Someone who has read through one of the other routes before getting on Emi's is likely to have a very different reaction to Hisao throwing away the letter. Was this considered?
urishima

Post by urishima »

finalizer wrote:
Suriko wrote:the Mechwarrior series
You ever play MWLL? I'd love to thank you by blowing your ass up sometime :mrgreen:
Hey, where the heck did you come from? :mrgreen:
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
finalizer

Post by finalizer »

urishima wrote:Hey, where the heck did you come from? :mrgreen:
>Implying I haven't been lurking here for over a year
>Implying I wasn't waiting on IRC for the moment V1 released
>Implying I wont find KS-related ways to troll Huntress
>Implying KS hasn't totally halted development of TC_Frostbite since it released
Sickhawk

Post by Sickhawk »

scott1and wrote:Why did you change the original uniforms from the coloured RAITA design to the Grid1 green uniforms and then back again with further releases?
You have any examples of this?

Post by Guest »

finalizer wrote:
urishima wrote:Hey, where the heck did you come from? :mrgreen:
>Implying I haven't been lurking here for over a year
>Implying I wasn't waiting on IRC for the moment V1 released
>Implying I wont find KS-related ways to troll Huntress
>Implying KS hasn't totally halted development of TC_Frostbite since it released
We're not on 4chan.
Slart

Post by Slart »

A question to Nichol, which BGM is each cutscene's piano arrangement based on? I know Shizune's is The Student Council, and Hanako's is Puddles and Raindrops, but I can't put my finger on Lilly's or Rin's. Another thing I'd like to know is if there's full versions of of these arrangements.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:How did some of the art from the final game get out early (you could spot some of it on /a/, for example)? Was it deliberate?
Are you sure that was leaked art and not something from the trailers?
Oh yes. At least a dozen, including an H-scene or two (and I think the one I saw with Hisao and Lilly in the bathtub had more Godiva hair than the final version). My comments about them before release were deleted, and Aura doesn't appear too eager to open this can of worms.