Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TerrorOfTheHighSeas

Re: Ask!

Post by TerrorOfTheHighSeas »

TheHivemind wrote: That bloody track scene is probably my greatest failure, because it was meant to highlight something about Emi's character and everyone only remembers the goddamn lemons. Oh well.
And that's exactly what it did. I think more people understood and appreciated the true nature and intent of the track shed scene that it appears, regardless of the jokes made. It was brilliant. Not only because it gave us a look at another side of Emi and highlighted one of her many interesting characteristics, but also because of the style in which it was written. The clumsy, comical, and unpleasant (well, for them) experience made it seem all the more realistic and rather accurately portrayed how the scenario would actually pan out. Come to think of it, playing Emi's route (or any route, really) with adult content disabled and missing out on these scenes really must feel different and leave the player not understanding aspects of Emi (or others) nearly as much, especially without that track shed scene. But I wouldn't know, seeing as I have yet to disable the adult content. I don't think that scene could have been done in a better way :D
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I don't think disabling adult content actually disables the scenes, it just replaces the pictures with photos of innocuous objects.
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

If it's okay to answer, how were the cutscenes made? And I assume they were made after everything else/on the last stages of the game?
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

According to the credits, Mike Inel did the Act 2 opening FMVs.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Kon22 wrote:If it's okay to answer, how were the cutscenes made? And I assume they were made after everything else/on the last stages of the game?
This post sums up the process pretty nicely, I think.
DSQ

Post by DSQ »

Did any of the writers decide to go into writing officially? I think that every story line in the game shows a level of skill that was almost professional. In fact better than professional when compared to other video games.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

DSQ wrote:Did any of the writers decide to go into writing officially? I think that every story line in the game shows a level of skill that was almost professional. In fact better than professional when compared to other video games.
I write for a living, but it's all marketing material. I've picked up some freelance writing on the side now and again (website stuff, mostly SEO-geared material) as well.

Writing for a living is surprisingly satisfying, even if it's marketing crap.

One day I might finish and polish up any number of short stories and see about getting them published, but at the moment I'm more content just writing things of that nature to amuse myself.
DSQ

Post by DSQ »

TheHivemind wrote:One day I might finish and polish up any number of short stories and see about getting them published, but at the moment I'm more content just writing things of that nature to amuse myself.
That's good view to take.

I know a couple of people who, while aren't as good at writing as you guys are, was a fair writer but cared waaay to much about what others thought. IMO the best writers are like you and write to make themselves happy, Lord Byron is a good example (though he was more of a poet) but he may have been a little extreme!
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

DSQ wrote:Did any of the writers decide to go into writing officially? I think that every story line in the game shows a level of skill that was almost professional. In fact better than professional when compared to other video games.
I have written a number of technical articles and press releases for teh monies, but all of my fiction is simply a wa way to blow off some steam...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
azarga

Post by azarga »

TheHivemind wrote: ...As Aura said, she's open and pretty up-front when it comes to sex, and who she would like to have sex with. I even strongly considered making her bisexual at one point (there was a scrapped, time-skipping bad end that would've made that more obvious, and I considered it being one of the things she mentioned in her list of facts in the graveyard), but it would have taken a lot to get that off the ground (again, both in terms of convincing the rest of the team to put up with the extra work and coordination across paths to make it fit, and in terms of backfilling it....
Ok, I've cut some quotations off to avoid cluttering the page too much.

This is a question to Hivemind.

I remember your other comment on Emi's "good end" afterstory
TheHivemind wrote:
rb867 wrote:Do you feel that the sheer amount of love expressed in this game between two characters such as Hisao and Emi is possible in real life?
Well yeah dude, it is just regular old love going on there, it's nothing earth-shattering. It only seems earth-shattering because it's high school.

Here's an illustration for you. It's the way I figure things play out:

Hisao and Emi are super-happy together for a while, but they don't go to the same college. They drift apart and eventually, they break up. Hisao takes it harder than Emi, or at least spends more time talking about how hard he's taking the breakup. Then they both get distracted by all the cool stuff you get up to in college, and get over it.

Eventually they both meet someone else and it happens all over again. But they remember each other, and eventually they stop focusing on how the breakup hurt and start focusing on the good bits. Maybe they run into one another a few years out of college. They talk like old friends, and then part ways again after exchanging email addresses.

Fifteen years after that, Emi will be at his funeral. She'll talk to his wife and tell him what a great honor it was to know him. She'll go home and cry into her lover's arms, who will understand the whole high-school romance angle because she'd been through it too, once. Then they'll go to bed.
Was that a typo?
Emi is my favorite although all katawas are best katawas, and I want to know as much as I possibly can about her.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

TheHivemind wrote:She'll go home and cry into her lover's arms, who will understand the whole high-school romance angle because she'd been through it too, once.
Misha? :o
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Huh, I'd almost forgotten about that bit of writing. Well, here's your answers:
azarga wrote: Was that a typo?
Nope!
Valjean Lafitte wrote: Misha? :o
History does not relate.
azarga

Post by azarga »

TheHivemind wrote:Huh, I'd almost forgotten about that bit of writing. Well, here's your answers:
Nope!
History does not relate.
Well, I guess I'm replacing my headcanon now. Thanks!
azarga

Post by azarga »

Does Rin have any prominent features on her back? Birthmarks, i.e.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

This just happened to me in an unrelated event in real life.

As writers, was there any idea that you were so excited about when it popped up, that you spent time enthusiastically fleshing it out, only to have another member of the team slam the brakes on it with one of those "Um, am I really the only one who's going to point out that this is a really, really bad idea?"

Damn that voice of reason! :lol:
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself