Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mysterious Stranger

Re: Ask!

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

SniperUnit6 wrote:excuse me, can you please help me? i have KS act1, the first release, v2, and HD. i downloaded HD yesterday but when i installed it, all i see is start and quit. when i press start, it just take me back to the main screen. and im wondering why the HD KS ive DL'ed is only no more than 50MB. PLEASE! tell me how to install it properly cause im disappointed about looking answers on the blog, and the web. thank you!!!

| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
test

Post by test »

SniperUnit6 wrote:excuse me, can you please help me? i have KS act1, the first release, v2, and HD. i downloaded HD yesterday but when i installed it, all i see is start and quit. when i press start, it just take me back to the main screen. and im wondering why the HD KS ive DL'ed is only no more than 50MB. PLEASE! tell me how to install it properly cause im disappointed about looking answers on the blog, and the web. thank you!!!
April Fools, you know.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Aura wrote: The paths are not in any order? If you mean the library, they are in alphabetical order as the other guy mentioned.
I see. Thanks. Placed in alphabetical order, each path progresses further into the school year and a bunch of things like that. It's a weird coincidence. You are right, you're on the dev team. I'm making too much of a bunch of coincidences and I guess I'd feel better if someone else had noticed that all of these details were coming together just so? Oh well whatever.

One more question and I'll stop being achingly pretentious all over your ask thread.

For the writer of the Shizune path (A22, right?); is the way that Misha treats her parfaits supposed to refer to how she deals with her emotions, allowing them to melt all together and bleed into other parts of her life? Was it meant to contrast with Shizune's specifically described ability to compartmentalize her emotions?
If so, I thought it was a brilliant image and I can really relate to it.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Accel

Post by Accel »

Hello, I'm putting together a paper on Internet social behavior and would love to ask some questions to the developers. Is this the only method that questions are being accepted? I would prefer to talk over Skype, over a phone, or at least an IM, but if this forum is preferable I will just post some of my questions.

Edit: No longer relevant.
Last edited by Accel on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SniperUnit6

Post by SniperUnit6 »

test wrote:
April Fools, you know.

aagghh.... I read some of those phrases. But the 720p "HD" cinematics in youtube confuses me - so i thought there's a "solution".

I want high resolution pics in the library, unfortunately i can get only 800x600, too small for my psp wallpaper...

thanks guys. awwwww
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Accel wrote:Hello, I'm putting together a paper on Internet social behavior and would love to ask some questions to the developers. Is this the only method that questions are being accepted? I would prefer to talk over Skype, over a phone, or at least an IM, but if this forum is preferable I will just post some of my questions.
PM the devcs that you are intesreste in talking toand take it from there.

I would say the IRC channel will be the most effective method.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Aura wrote:The paths are not in any order? If you mean the library, they are in alphabetical order as the other guy mentioned.
Meanwhile, the Yamaku library apparently sorts books by color. Must be confusing for Lilly...
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Guest wrote:I was curious; what were the programs used for making the soundtrack? Especially the drum machine (assuming they're not real drums).
For what I did, I used Sibelius. If you dig deep enough, I posted a screenshot a long time ago. Sequencing and fancy stuff was done in FL Studio (or at least, I pretended to as best as I could back then).
Accel

Post by Accel »

cpl_crud wrote:
Accel wrote:Hello, I'm putting together a paper on Internet social behavior and would love to ask some questions to the developers. Is this the only method that questions are being accepted? I would prefer to talk over Skype, over a phone, or at least an IM, but if this forum is preferable I will just post some of my questions.
PM the devcs that you are intesreste in talking toand take it from there.

I would say the IRC channel will be the most effective method.
Deleted to avoid confusion.
Last edited by Accel on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Names.

How did you get to naming the characters (main cast at least)?

I can't believe nobody asked you that already, but I can't find it using search.

It just hit me, while looking for some Eimee Mullins references how her first name sounds like Emi's. Am I even close with that one? What about the other names :?:
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
centrefuge

Post by centrefuge »

hey guys

just wanna ask if any of you guys had this game brought to your attention by chilled

and I wanna say I'm glad he did (best game ever)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

NoOne3 wrote:Names.

I can't believe nobody asked you that already, but I can't find it using search.

It just hit me, while looking for some Eimee Mullins references how her first name sounds like Emi's. Am I even close with that one? What about the other names?
Not an answer about Emi, but about some other characters:
http://katawashoujo.blogspot.de/2009/09 ... -name.html
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

NoOne3 wrote:Names.

It just hit me, while looking for some Eimee Mullins references how her first name sounds like Emi's. Am I even close with that one? What about the other names?
The names were all decided by polls and insults. I think Emi's name was a pretty unanimous decision, not a lot of scrapping for it.

The Eimee Mullins thing? Completely a coincidence, as far as I know.
anonymouse

Post by anonymouse »

Um...this might be too far, but has the dev-team considered putting in possible yaoi paths?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

This has been stated so often that I think I'll get away with answering this one:

No.
It was always planned to do exactly the five paths from Raita's original sketch.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.