Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: Ask!

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

cpl_crud wrote:True enough, but at least you've got a better chance of protection than you did if you had nothing...
Also most of them have expiry dates written on them to prevent such degradation (and lawsuits, I imagine).

Also to the Melbourne guy, this is talking a good 14 years ago. That was when AIDS was still a big deal. Things might have changed now, but I'm pretty sure that most airports, highway petrol stations, and some train stations and pubs have vending machines.
That may explain it. See, 14 years ago I was starting kindergarten. Still... makes me wonder why one would remove any condom dispensers they had installed during that time. Surely teen pregnancy is enough of an issue to warrant it? /Totallyofftopic
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Yet another question out of me: When writing the various paths, how did you keep the characters' voices consistent throughout the whole work? How did you ensure each character used their personal vocabulary, grammar, etc. not only in their own path, but any time they appeared in other paths as well? I apologize if this question has been answered before.

Best Regards,

Paladin
[10:59:46 PM] GIR: so who's the soapdropper?
[11:00:00 PM] T. C. Paladin: BWAHAHAHA!!!!! ROFL!
[11:00:14 PM] GIR: no i mean i figured one of you is using that as your IRC nickname
[11:00:19 PM] T. C. Paladin: i have no clue, but that is hilarious
[11:02:25 PM]T. C. Paladin: lol wow. i'm going to have to use that one someday
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Paladin wrote:Yet another question out of me: When writing the various paths, how did you keep the characters' voices consistent throughout the whole work? How did you ensure each character used their personal vocabulary, grammar, etc. not only in their own path, but any time they appeared in other paths as well? I apologize if this question has been answered before.

Best Regards,

Paladin
Every writer read every path as it was being done. Also, lots and lots of communication whenever writers were using each other's characters in their scenes.

A22 and I especially often swapped scenes between us, editing bits and bobs of them, to get them just right.

Post by Guest »

Also after skimming down this thread some more I simply have to ask:

Aura, after eating your takoyaki and whatnot - was the actual writing more like doing the dishes or drinking tea?
Crud, is there any other reason than... your timeline that you still prefer fogyatékosság lányok to, say, 片轮少女?

Anyway you two should definitely get married and bring up lots of kids!
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

Most likely dev to survive out in the wild?
WinterCrow

Post by WinterCrow »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:True enough, but at least you've got a better chance of protection than you did if you had nothing...
Also most of them have expiry dates written on them to prevent such degradation (and lawsuits, I imagine).

Also to the Melbourne guy, this is talking a good 14 years ago. That was when AIDS was still a big deal. Things might have changed now, but I'm pretty sure that most airports, highway petrol stations, and some train stations and pubs have vending machines.
That may explain it. See, 14 years ago I was starting kindergarten. Still... makes me wonder why one would remove any condom dispensers they had installed during that time. Surely teen pregnancy is enough of an issue to warrant it? /Totallyofftopic
It's probably different in every country. I'm from spain and I see those vending machines constantly: streets, university, train stations... everywhere. It is true I never had one inside my school, nor I know of any school that does, but it's still very easy to get 1 condom for 1 coin inside a bar or a little 3 condom box at any vending machine anywhere. I, for instance, used to carry one in the wallet since I was like 15, since I *almost* had the chance once. Never used it though when I was still at school lol. Dunno about Japan, but the point is that it's still not hard to get one, at all.

and yeah, we're going waaaay off the topic :D
Zombiedude101

Post by Zombiedude101 »

Question, how do you feel about having inspired many other people to start work on visual novels of their own?
I support Snoozu.
Userbar made by theartificial.
Morello

Post by Morello »

Which artists actually are professionals in their area? I think that at least the music was made by people who use music to live.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

It feels like the paths of the game are in an appropriate order, with the Emi-path Hisao feeling kind of entitled to his chosen partner's affections, the Hanako-and-Lilly-path Hisao putting a huge amount of responsibility for his happiness in the hands of each girl (climaxing in Lilly's path with the poor guy nearly killing himself over her), the Rin-path Hisao having to acknowledge that fully understanding another person is impossible, and the Shizune-path Hisao finally being okay with the fact that he probably won't be with Shizune forever, but that he cherishes her all the same and it's okay if she is her own person.

This feeling in me is strengthened by the fact that the Hisao in each path has progressively stronger ideas about being a science teacher. In Emi's path,the idea is pretty much handed to him by his teacher, and during the Hanako and Lilly paths he comes to the conclusion on his own but has only vague ideas about how satisfying it is, but by the end of the Shizune path not only is he sure he wants to teach, but he is sure that it is because he wants to help out students like himself who are reeling from the changes to their lives.

Is there a kind of meta-plot about exploring all possible Hisaos? Was there coordination happening on this level? Or am I off my meds (again)?
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:It feels like the paths of the game are in an appropriate order, with the Emi-path Hisao feeling kind of entitled to his chosen partner's affections, the Hanako-and-Lilly-path Hisao putting a huge amount of responsibility for his happiness in the hands of each girl (climaxing in Lilly's path with the poor guy nearly killing himself over her), the Rin-path Hisao having to acknowledge that fully understanding another person is impossible, and the Shizune-path Hisao finally being okay with the fact that he probably won't be with Shizune forever, but that he cherishes her all the same and it's okay if she is her own person.

This feeling in me is strengthened by the fact that the Hisao in each path has progressively stronger ideas about being a science teacher. In Emi's path,the idea is pretty much handed to him by his teacher, and during the Hanako and Lilly paths he comes to the conclusion on his own but has only vague ideas about how satisfying it is, but by the end of the Shizune path not only is he sure he wants to teach, but he is sure that it is because he wants to help out students like himself who are reeling from the changes to their lives.

Is there a kind of meta-plot about exploring all possible Hisaos? Was there coordination happening on this level? Or am I off my meds (again)?
If you're talking about how they appear in the Library/Gallery... I'm pretty sure they're just in alphabetical order >.>
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Also after skimming down this thread some more I simply have to ask:

Aura, after eating your takoyaki and whatnot - was the actual writing more like doing the dishes or drinking tea?
Crud, is there any other reason than... your timeline that you still prefer fogyatékosság lányok to, say, 片轮少女?

Anyway you two should definitely get married and bring up lots of kids!
It's more like throwing up.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

McBaggin wrote:Most likely dev to survive out in the wild?
Weee. She's the only one who doesn't go catatonic without access to hard liquor or pudding.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:It feels like the paths of the game are in an appropriate order, with the Emi-path Hisao feeling kind of entitled to his chosen partner's affections, the Hanako-and-Lilly-path Hisao putting a huge amount of responsibility for his happiness in the hands of each girl (climaxing in Lilly's path with the poor guy nearly killing himself over her), the Rin-path Hisao having to acknowledge that fully understanding another person is impossible, and the Shizune-path Hisao finally being okay with the fact that he probably won't be with Shizune forever, but that he cherishes her all the same and it's okay if she is her own person.

The paths are not in any order? If you mean the library, they are in alphabetical order as the other guy mentioned.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Morello wrote:Which artists actually are professionals in their area? I think that at least the music was made by people who use music to live.
None. Neither are the composers. Nor the writers. Nor the coder. None of us is.
SniperUnit6

Post by SniperUnit6 »

excuse me, can you please help me? i have KS act1, the first release, v2, and HD. i downloaded HD yesterday but when i installed it, all i see is start and quit. when i press start, it just take me back to the main screen. and im wondering why the HD KS ive DL'ed is only no more than 50MB. PLEASE! tell me how to install it properly cause im disappointed about looking answers on the blog, and the web. thank you!!!