Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Alexbond45

Re: Ask!

Post by Alexbond45 »

Jolt33 wrote:Is There any way I can get A hold of A Lilly Confession CG Wallpaper? I really want it for my Desktop background...
Well, I am not sure how effective this would be, but you COULD take a screenshot in game, Simply right click on the picture you want and press view picture in the menu, this clears out all text for taking a screenshot.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Jolt33

Post by Jolt33 »

Alexbond45 wrote:
Jolt33 wrote:Is There any way I can get A hold of A Lilly Confession CG Wallpaper? I really want it for my Desktop background...
Well, I am not sure how effective this would be, but you COULD take a screenshot in game, Simply right click on the picture you want and press view picture in the menu, this clears out all text for taking a screenshot.
Already tried that and using it now as my background... But with very crappy Quality, And since i use my TV as a Computer monitor its kinda hard finding one with good quality that fits the entire screen..
Yukimaru

Post by Yukimaru »

In Lilly route we can see her as a perfect polite girl.
There's a few scenes she seems little mad. In the end of Shizune route she's insulting her and in her route she acts somewhat agressivly toward Kenji when he overturned her.
So that the author of the story intended that Lilly can act agressivly toward others for the part of the story? It wasn't recalled many times, so does Lilly have some kind of second personality when she don't act polite, or she is tired of being polite? Or was it only this one time "because everyone has to be pissed of once in a while"?
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

What inspired everyone to join this project? Did you initially join to make a silly cripple dating game or had the intent to make something serious off the bat?
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Jolt33 wrote:
Alexbond45 wrote:
Already tried that and using it now as my background... But with very crappy Quality, And since i use my TV as a Computer monitor its kinda hard finding one with good quality that fits the entire screen..
You do know there is a fullscreen mode, right?

Try getting the image in FS. ;)
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Paddy wrote: You do know there is a fullscreen mode, right?

The fullscreen mode just changes your monitor's resolution to the game's resolution (which is 800x600, I believe). So it won't help at all in getting a high quality screenshot.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Mirrormn wrote:
Paddy wrote: You do know there is a fullscreen mode, right?

The fullscreen mode just changes your monitor's resolution to the game's resolution (which is 800x600, I believe). So it won't help at all in getting a high quality screenshot.
Hm. You are correct. :?

I get the feeling that's as high a resolution as you are going to get, then. 800x600. Unless the devs've got something else.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Paddy wrote: Hm. You are correct. :?

I get the feeling that's as high a resolution as you are going to get, then. 800x600. Unless the devs've got something else.
There is actually a 1300x600 copy of the particular image in question (Lilly confessing in the field of wheat), but I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to mess around in the game files, so I'm uncomfortable posting it or describing how to access it.

Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

This might be silly and might not even be able to be answered, but I feel like I should ask.

How does this game call on so many emotions? And not just calls them, but makes you feel them so strongly, to the point where you put your own life into it.

I've read tons of stories of love and loss and everything. Movies, books, games, anime, manga, TV shows. While some do call on emotions, some fairly strongly, none I can recall have done so this much. I'm to the point where I can't explain how I feel very well, and I've only finished Hanako's and half of Emi's.

So how? Is it how they worded it? Is it certain words? Or is it just that good?
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Brodoin wrote:This might be silly and might not even be able to be answered, but I feel like I should ask.

How does this game call on so many emotions? And not just calls them, but makes you feel them so strongly, to the point where you put your own life into it.

I've read tons of stories of love and loss and everything. Movies, books, games, anime, manga, TV shows. While some do call on emotions, none I can recall have done so this much.

So how? Is it how they worded it? Is it certain words? Or is it just that good?
This Is a Very Interesting Question I wish I could Answer it, But alas, I cannot :(
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

It's the magic of a well written, well thought out story. The dialogues are made by passionate people with great talent and we should certainly not underestimate the power of the cg's and music. If talent and passion come together, great stuff can happen, in this ace: Evoking emotions. Just my 2 cents though.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

Hello to all of the KS devs!

I was just wondering how long it took to write each girl's route. I'm not talking about the entire process of programming, drawing characters, etc. Just the writing period itself.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
BobBobberson

Post by BobBobberson »

Hello, devs.

Y'know how there's a lot of parts where the girls say they've had conversations with each other, or Hisao sees them talking or leave to talk (Like Hanako wanting to talk to Lilly at Lilly's summer house)? I take it we'll never know the contents of those conversations, will we? If we did know those things, it would definitely flesh out the story a lot moar.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

BobBobberson wrote: Y'know how there's a lot of parts where the girls say they've had conversations with each other, or Hisao sees them talking or leave to talk (Like Hanako wanting to talk to Lilly at Lilly's summer house)? I take it we'll never know the contents of those conversations, will we? If we did know those things, it would definitely flesh out the story a lot moar.
Speaking of fleshing out parts of the overall story that don't actually appear in the game text, I would be much more interested in Shizune's route, where major elements of the plot are omitted. Specifically, there are several (at least two and possibly more) conversations between Shizune and Misha that are only briefly recounted to Hisao later on, or even just subtly implied by the actions of the characters. I'd love to know what words were spoken (well, signed) during those conversations.

Jolt33

Post by Jolt33 »

I found one good Image when searching through Google Images, but the Background is all blurry-http://archivethumb2.foolz.us/board/a/i ... 868695.jpg
And another Non-Edited, but pretty bad quality when set as my background-
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/image ... rkCO3-ons2

I was hoping one of you Devs can put up a Lilly confession wallpaper? My Res is 1360x768