Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zoram

Re: Ask!

Post by Zoram »

Since the removal of Lelouch was mentioned, was the guy who took his place given a name and a disability, like the other classmates?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Snicket wrote:
Aura wrote: It's completely impossible to make any sort of list of ideas and concepts we went through during the development. For some guesstimation reference, we wrote actual script for twice the amount the final game has, and thoughtwork for maybe 4 or so KS's worth of stories.
OK, let me rephrase the question: What actually made in past the concept phase? What made it into the paths what didn't?
Well, everything that's in the game obviously made it through the entire process. Some stuff I remember being written: Lilly's family owning a yacht and a scene there, karaoke, a really bizarre dream sequence in Emi's path (involving pirates), a tanabata festival scene in Lilly's path in addition to Shizune's, a tailor's shop, Lilly playing the cello and whatnot. There was a lot of stuff.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

KSmaniac wrote:~! Any plans for the upcoming Valentines Day?
Not yet.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kirkner wrote:For the panel/pic that says "Enjoy playing Katawa Shoujo", The outfit Rin is wearing doesn't actually appear in the game right?
I was going to have her wear it in a few scenes but it was cut from the game.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

gRaViJa wrote:@ Guest: what? She didn't had sex with the track captain, that's fairly obvious if you completed her arc. Same goes with the nurse. Only other guy she might have had sex with is that guy she dated before Hisao, but that's something only Hivemind can now :p

My question: If someday, a well known animation studio (japanese, american or european, doesn't matter) comes along and says "Hey, we love KS and we'd love to turn it into an anime/animated series", what would your initial decision/reaction be? Is it a big no-go or its it more like a an ultimate recognition fr your work?
We would consider it, like we consider everything that gets proposed to us. However, like with most stuff that gets proposed to us, the likelihood of a negative is somewhat high. Having a KS anime is not some dream come true for us.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

KnownAnonymous wrote:I've got some question. I hope it will be answered.

1... Are all character's (except Kenji) route has all the same kinds of ending? I mean, do they all have Bad ending, Premature Ending but good, and Original ending?
No. Some paths only have two endings, some don't have a easily split good/bad ones and so on.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:This might well be a contender for the title of dumbest question of the thread, so I won't be offended if it's left unanswered. Anyway, since Lilly is blind and she told Hisao having sex with him was her first time. how could she have known about the finer details of the lower region of the male reproductive anatomy? Just by reading braille books? Or maybe through an anatomical manikin? I would imagine that as a teenager she'd be interested in learing about those kind of things, much as a seeing person would be.
Akira has told her *everything* about dicks she has to know. Such a good big sister, she is.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Sorry if this has been confirmed elsewhere, but I'm short on time at the moment and I need to confirm this ASAP. Can I have the confirmation of a Dev that all of the girls are at least 18 in all of their respective H-scenes and or nude character portraits? I know for a fact Hanako turns 18 prior to hers, and Emi and Lilly are already 18 due to skipping a year and being older than Hanako respectively, but is there any specific confirmation for the others? The one raising questions that I most need the answer for is Misha. Thanks for your time.
I could say that all the characters are 40 year old males in full body suits and it wouldn't matter any more than whether one of them is 17 or 18. They are imaginary. And over 18.
Roflmao

Post by Roflmao »

4LS folks, now that you have tasted the bitter flavor of game development, would you drop your current careers to take a position in a regular game studio? Of course few modern games need so much writing and 2d art, but let's disregard that and assume you could use your current skillset on your new job.

I ask because KS is a work of passion, and many things done out of passion just don't work as careers.

(in b4 EA/Activision sucks)
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Aura wrote: ... karaoke ...
I'm not going to lie, when I read that Hanako likes karaoke I was really hoping there would be a scene about it in the game. So it goes.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

When designing the characters, how did you get the idea of letting Emi be a running athlete? Was Oscar Pistorius ever an influence?

I'm asking this because i was reading some articles about the upcoming Olympic games (big sports fan here) and then i saw this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ights.html refering to Pistorius as "the fastest man on no legs" and according to Wikipedia he is often referred to as such^^

edit: i just remember RAITA's original drawing of the games' concept, so i think my question can't be really answered. Or can it? i don't remember if RAITA stated that she is a running athlete and the thing about the nickname still stands :)
Last edited by gRaViJa on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

Aura wrote:
KSmaniac wrote:~! Any plans for the upcoming Valentines Day?
Not yet.
Wow.... thanks! I'm looking forward to that. :D
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

gRaViJa wrote:When designing the characters, how did you get the idea of letting Emi be a running athlete? Was Oscar Pistorius ever an influence?

I'm asking this because i was reading some articles about the upcoming Olympic games (big sports fan here) and then i saw this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ights.html refering to Pistorius as "the fastest man on no legs" and according to Wikipedia he is often referred to as such^^

edit: i just remember RAITA's original drawing of the games' concept, so i think my question can't be really answered. Or can it? i don't remember if RAITA stated that she is a running athlete and the thing about the nickname still stands :)
I honestly have no idea who Oscar Pistorius is.

I came up with Emi's declaration of being the fastest thing on no legs all by myself, but it's not exactly the most creative of nicknames, so I'm not surprised to see someone else has already come up with it.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Roflmao wrote:4LS folks, now that you have tasted the bitter flavor of game development, would you drop your current careers to take a position in a regular game studio?
Shit no. Get this straight: participating in making KS was in many ways HARDER than my day job, though in many other ways it entailed less responsibility - and I work in a neurosurgery OR.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Post by Guest »

Why did you censor Kenji's dick? I mean... cmon... It's a hentai game...