Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eraser35

Re: Ask!

Post by Eraser35 »

Kirkner wrote:Still a bit confused on how Emi lost her legs in that accident... like how exactly did she get cut in the car so badly that it was a severe infection? (Quite the freak accident to me and sorry if this offends)
her legs could have been severely crushed to the point where no amount screws would fix them
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Aura wrote: It's completely impossible to make any sort of list of ideas and concepts we went through during the development. For some guesstimation reference, we wrote actual script for twice the amount the final game has, and thoughtwork for maybe 4 or so KS's worth of stories.
OK, let me rephrase the question: What actually made in past the concept phase? What made it into the paths what didn't?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

So Rin and Miki wear boy's uniforms, Akira wears a men's business suit, and Hideaki is an oblivious trap. Was anyone in particular really influential regarding some of the more unusual fashion choices?

Also, does Miki tie her own tie?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Caesius wrote:So Rin and Miki wear boy's uniforms, Akira wears a men's business suit, and Hideaki is an oblivious trap. Was anyone in particular really influential regarding some of the more unusual fashion choices?

Also, does Miki tie her own tie?
Rin's clothing was a decision by Aura (I think? It was a decision made long ago), Miki wearing a male shirt+female skirt was Moekki's, Akira was mine (I have a thing for women in suits+slacks...), Hideaki was Moekki's.

Miki ties her own tie.
KSmaniac

Post by KSmaniac »

~! Any plans for the upcoming Valentines Day?
Kirkner

Post by Kirkner »

For the panel/pic that says "Enjoy playing Katawa Shoujo", The outfit Rin is wearing doesn't actually appear in the game right?
A Kimikiss x Katawa Shoujo comparison...
Mao - Rin... ?
Yuumi - Lily
Asuka - Emi
Eriko - Hanako
Mitsuki - Shizune
Best I could come up with strangely enough.
Gopdeungyi

Post by Gopdeungyi »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched and couldn't find anything:

If their fathers are brothers, why do Lily and Shizune have different family names?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Gopdeungyi wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched and couldn't find anything:

If their fathers are brothers, why do Lily and Shizune have different family names?
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 879#p69879
McBaggin

Post by McBaggin »

To the writers of each route ; what scene was the easiest for you to write? hardest?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

McBaggin wrote:To the writers of each route ; what scene was the easiest for you to write? hardest?
Easiest was probably Lilly path confession (Crescendo). I wrote it in one go on the earliest draft version of L path, and it ended up being practically the only thing from back then in L path that recognisably survived into the final version.

Hardest was probably the Hanako breakdown. It was incredibly important to get right, as it was a turning point in the path, and any slight mistakes could turn the scene into a mess. In the end, it took me and A22 swapping the scene back and forth constantly over a matter of weeks doing edits until we ended up happy with it.

Post by Guest »

How many dicks has Emi taken?

Did she have sex with anyone else while she was with Hisao? Did she have sex with the track captain? Did she have sex with the nurse?

Do you think the fact she was written by a woman was the reason she became such a vapid slut valleygirl?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Guest wrote:How many dicks has Emi taken?

Did she have sex with anyone else while she was with Hisao? Did she have sex with the track captain? Did she have sex with the nurse?

Do you think the fact she was written by a woman was the reason she became such a vapid slut valleygirl?
I'm a woman?

Well, this is certainly news.

Post by Guest »

TheHivemind wrote:
Guest wrote:How many dicks has Emi taken?

I'm a woman?

Well, this is certainly news.
/a/ told me, so it must be true.
Teh.nurse

Post by Teh.nurse »

The nurse seems almost forgotten outside of Emi's path.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

@ Guest: what? She didn't had sex with the track captain, that's fairly obvious if you completed her arc. Same goes with the nurse. Only other guy she might have had sex with is that guy she dated before Hisao, but that's something only Hivemind can now :p

My question: If someday, a well known animation studio (japanese, american or european, doesn't matter) comes along and says "Hey, we love KS and we'd love to turn it into an anime/animated series", what would your initial decision/reaction be? Is it a big no-go or its it more like a an ultimate recognition fr your work?
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25