Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest »

Why did you ditch this intro? I got all hyped up after watching it.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

It's a fake. It includes footage from Mass Effect 2 for example.

Post by Guest »

So what kind of hat was the baseball cap with two hockey sticks supposed to modeled after?

Zoram

Post by Zoram »

xaolindragon wrote:
Zoram wrote:
2 - Will a patch be released? At least the acknowledged script error about Shizune's and Lilly's fathers, in both their routes, should be fixed.
This seems to have slipped my memory. What was the error?
It is stated, in both paths, that Lilly and Shizune's fathers are brothers. This is actually possible, as Jigoro may have taken his wife's family name upon marriage, however Aura has explcitly stated that it's an error - it's Shizune's mother that's the sister of Lilly's father.

Related to the two families, when the devs will have time to check the latest questions: is the Satou family supposed to have some genetic problems? There also Hideaki and Akira who are perfectly healthy, right, but we still have two siblings, each with a daughter born with a congenital disability. I wouldn't be surprised if disabilties or fragile health showed now and then in previous generations of the family.

Post by Guest »

Suriko mentioned in another thread that KS was influenced by Yume Miru Kusuri, but after playing both I only noticed two similarities, between Aeka (the white-haired girl) and Hanako, in that they bothhave no friends within their classes and have sex with the main character only to bind him closer to themselves, rather than out of genuine desire. Also the inane bickering with Aya (the little sister) might remind of Kenji's ramblings, but I think that's just coincidental. Did this VN influence you in some other way I missed?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:Suriko mentioned in another thread that KS was influenced by Yume Miru Kusuri, but after playing both I only noticed two similarities, between Aeka (the white-haired girl) and Hanako, in that they bothhave no friends within their classes and have sex with the main character only to bind him closer to themselves, rather than out of genuine desire. Also the inane bickering with Aya (the little sister) might remind of Kenji's ramblings, but I think that's just coincidental. Did this VN influence you in some other way I missed?
The influences upon KS and each developer are typically more subtle than outright story elements.

The only real exception to this I can think of offhand is Amaduyu Tatsuki, who influenced the choices made for the artstyle of KS quite a bit.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Suriko, did you ever plan to have Miss Miyagi appear in a bigger role? Her character seems to have been quite developped.
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed that she didn't appear at all...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Suriko, did you ever plan to have Miss Miyagi appear in a bigger role? Her character seems to have been quite developped.
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed that she didn't appear at all...
Nope. Only ever intended to be a one-off character for the SS.
kagamiseki

Post by kagamiseki »

Nicol, was the Air Guitar piece really done in FLStudio? The subtle shifting and finger placement sounds are so realistic...

And sorry to ask this again, but I really want to know, can any of you tell me which programs were used for coloring the art? It's really well done, the coloring looks so smooth!
Sändy

Post by Sändy »

I'm sorry, but i didn't really have the time to read throug all 72 pages to look, if this question has already an answer, but it would be important to me.

I've played the first act to try KS out and was really pleased, so I wanted tol play the whole game, but I've got an problem with opening it. I've got an 64x bit-system, but it seems like I need an 86x but-system, or did I get something wrong? Is there a way to play it without changing my whole system?

'cause i would really like to play it, especially to see lilly's path :(

Forgive me, if I wrote rubbish, but I don't know alot about such things, and would really need your help ^^"

Post by Guest »

Ok its offtopic, but I dont know where else I could ask this and hope for a good answer.

What are the themes and messages in Narcissu and 2nd side ?

Asking here becuase I know some of you guys liked it, there are writers here who (I assume) are more likely to notice what message(s) other writers have.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Sändy wrote:I'm sorry, but i didn't really have the time to read throug all 72 pages to look, if this question has already an answer, but it would be important to me.

I've played the first act to try KS out and was really pleased, so I wanted tol play the whole game, but I've got an problem with opening it. I've got an 64x bit-system, but it seems like I need an 86x but-system, or did I get something wrong? Is there a way to play it without changing my whole system?

'cause i would really like to play it, especially to see lilly's path :(

Forgive me, if I wrote rubbish, but I don't know alot about such things, and would really need your help ^^"

I'm running KS on a Win 7 64 bit version. I haven't had any problems.

Try re-installing the game, and if that doesn't work try going into the ks.exe file's settings and putting it in compatibility mode.

Also, for more technical help please see our support forums here: http://ks.renai.us/viewforum.php?f=45
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Otakumon wrote:I've been wondering about Jigoro. Is the way he's portrayed with his appearance and attitude intended as comic relief or is he badly over compensating for the shame he feels that such a perfect speciman of manhood as himself could spawn a child with a disability?

Kind of reminds me of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvpSP4fI ... re=related
More of the former.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Zoram wrote: 1 - Shizune's path was the last to be completed, the announcement of its completion came mere weeks before the final release. Was it completed in a hurry? I ask this after seeing the subplot of Shizune's family being so prominent and then dropped, and having only one choice throughout all the route - to me, they looked like signs of rushed completion. My general impression, with the updates throughout last year, is that the devs said to themselves "we WILL finish KS within 2011" (and they did), making Shizune's route fall "victim" of a self-imposed deadline.
Mind you, it's already fine as it is, and if it was the case I described, I'd also understand that at some point the project had to be wrapped up, or else it would be never finished. Still, I can't get the above idea out of my head.

2 - Will a patch be released? At least the acknowledged script error about Shizune's and Lilly's fathers, in both their routes, should be fixed.

3 - Related to the above, why not include, in the future update, some art assets that were lost in the transition between Act 1 and the full version? I mean the CG that was unlocked upon 100% clearing of Act 1 (much better than the really disappointing one the full version has, IMO), the character sketches in the main menu... They may be unlocked with 100% completion as well. I know one can also download Act 1 (I have all version of it, actually), but it would be nice to have all together.

4 - Will the FMVs be available, sometime in the future, as a separate download, available at higher resolutions?

5 - Will assets or music tracks that ended up unused, be released in the future? They may make an interesting hindsight into the development. (I'm thinking of the unused snippet from Mike Inel's Rin FMV, for example)
1. No
2. Haven't decided.
3-5. Probably no
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

jaycee wrote:if hypothetically I want to make a sort of spin off of Katawa Shoujo(by using the school and some characters, for example the nurse) can I do it? (obviouslly without taking anything from your work: for example if I would use the nurse i will draw it from zero but using your nurse as a reference)
sorry if my english is confusing :(
As the licence says, we are somewhat strongly against using KS stuff in other VNs. You can always ask for a permission for more specific stuff, of course.