Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rivin

Re: Ask!

Post by Rivin »

Arcassa wrote:
Guest wrote:How does it feel that you've made a bunch of /v/ neckbeards get their shit together? Myself included.

See this picture:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6251 ... shoujo.jpg
As an addendum to this, I'd like to inquire if 4LS is staffed entirely by wizards.
If you have to ask, you'll never know. :mrgreen:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:THE LAST POST
I feel really dumb, I meant this link

instead of

Sorry.

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:First off, I greatly appreciate that you've enabled anonymous posting without registering. Thanks for that.

I have one short question for Aura. Similar questions have already been asked, but I'd still like to see an answer for this: What is wrong with Rin?
It's quite hard to pinpoint her issues without being educated on mental disorders, yet I'd like to read more on her condition.
Maybe there's something wrong with everyone and everything else?
Maybe, if we examine the question from Rin's point of view. But the question was meant from psychiatric perspective.

I'm not an expert on psychiatric taxonomy or anything relevant, but she certainly does have mental health issues if we go by layman's definition. You must have a clear idea about it, since her personality is much more than "randum XD hijinks" as you put it. Of course you can leave it up to fan analysis / speculation, but that may not be a good idea in the long run.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Was Kenji always this batshit insane, or did something happen to him and he flipped the fuck out forever?

Post by Guest »

Jintor wrote:Was Kenji always this batshit insane, or did something happen to him and he flipped the fuck out forever?
Play the game some more, you'll find out. :D
kourousx

Post by kourousx »

Regarding the art:

I've only played something like ten commercial visual novels. (and perhaps 15 or so OELVNs on the RenPy site) Whether the art was done as a team or individually, it had a "unity of appearance" that made it always look like the work of one person. Now, this can be a good thing and a bad thing. The pro games look professional, but they can have a "sameness" about them that feels very cold. Too slick. Unemotional.

Now while going through KS, I was aware that I was seeing different artists with different styles. Sometimes a cg would come up and I would feel slightly jarred, because it felt quite different from previous cgs of the same character(s). There was also quite a difference between some cgs and the photo-realistic backgrounds + sprites screens that preceded them.

(This is an observation, not a complaint. I stopped autoplay and just gaped in admiration of the Lilly confession cg. A slick pro vn would have no place for beautiful impressionism like that.)

So, were there any discussions or efforts directed getting the artists' styles to mesh? (I'm guessing that doing that is extremely difficult)
Last edited by kourousx on Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guest again

Post by Guest again »

Why was Misha studying sign language abroad? It was my understanding that sign language was regional, and JSL, ASL, BSL etc were all fairly different.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Guest wrote:
Jintor wrote:Was Kenji always this batshit insane, or did something happen to him and he flipped the fuck out forever?
Play the game some more, you'll find out. :D
I still couldn't tell tbh if he was normal or not prior
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

Guest again wrote:Why was Misha studying sign language abroad? It was my understanding that sign language was regional, and JSL, ASL, BSL etc were all fairly different.
You are correct, as far as I know.
Pie is delicious.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

In Shizune's cinematic by Mike Inel, are real JSL signs being used, and if so, what are they saying?
DanMan

Post by DanMan »

Suriko wrote: I did Hanako's Act 4, and it's not happening.
>The only writer with a route that had an epilogue refuses to give equal treatment to the other route that he wrote
Oh, so this is just a way of playing favorites? I know that you started by just writing Lilly's route, but with how much time passed in between those routes being finished and the final game being released, I'd like to hear your excuse.
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

DanMan wrote:
Suriko wrote: I did Hanako's Act 4, and it's not happening.
>The only writer with a route that had an epilogue refuses to give equal treatment to the other route that he wrote
Oh, so this is just a way of playing favorites? I know that you started by just writing Lilly's route, but with how much time passed in between those routes being finished and the final game being released, I'd like to hear your excuse.
Each writer probably ended their path how they wanted it to end. There is no particular need for an epilogue, though some/many of us may like one. It's their game; they can do it however they want.
Pie is delicious.
Lurch

Post by Lurch »

I guess all the devs are either asleep or sick of the questions, but hopefully this'll still get a look.

How do you feel about the questions? What kind of questions do you appreciate, and which ones drive you insane?

And from a more personal note - Like a lot of people here, I suppose, I write fanfiction. The longest I've done took me about a year and a half, working on and off - and criticism of it really cut deep. Having worked on this for five years now, what reactions do you have to readers comments?

Are there criticisms you agree with? Compliments you disagree with? People who are so off-board that your eyes boggle and you mouth 'wtf' to yourself? Just how do you deal with feedback on something you've put so much time into?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Lurch wrote:I guess all the devs are either asleep or sick of the questions, but hopefully this'll still get a look.
Most of them have day jobs, and it's a regular working week...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
uwa

Post by uwa »

Suriko wrote:2. I had never written anything before KS in any form.
I'm really surprised by this. I guess I should be encouraged that it only takes five years to go from 0 to Lilly (and Hanako) path.

I hope the writers are taking the cries of "moar!" as a compliment, because they really are. Even when they're dickheaded.

edit: A real question just occurred to me. The Emi path is a little unique in that the Bad End has a pretty hard-to-miss escape hatch (Misha's question). Was that added later, was the other path added later, or was the split route how the end was originally conceived?
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly