Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest »

First off, I greatly appreciate that you've enabled anonymous posting without registering. Thanks for that.

I have one short question for Aura. Similar questions have already been asked, but I'd still like to see an answer for this: What is wrong with Rin?
It's quite hard to pinpoint her issues without being educated on mental disorders, yet I'd like to read more on her condition.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

vAnon wrote:I have an utterly trivial question.
Is Rin a dandelion, or a butterfly?
She's not an octopus
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Droyer wrote:How does Hanako pay for foodand such? The other characters could be sent allowences by their parents, but Hanako was an orphan
She's not poor.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Now that the finished product is out, how do you feel about the characters you've constructed? Will you be able to comfortably walk away from them, or do you think they may have a place in your mind for some time well after KS's release?
At least I don't have any special attachment to the characters.
vAnon

Post by vAnon »

Aura wrote:
vAnon wrote:I have an utterly trivial question.
Is Rin a dandelion, or a butterfly?
She's not an octopus
Much to the dismay of japanese fans, I'm sure.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:This probably means nothing by this point, but thank you for making me (and 4chan) realize I (and they) are human, and imperfect; which is what makes us perfect. Thank you for making possibly the only game I want to pay for. Thank you for the emotions, the pride, sadness.

I guess my question is: is there any chance at all of any of you guys grouping together again (other devs would be nice to chime in now), because you all have amazing talent, better than many games I have paid for.
Yes there is a chance, but we have no current plans.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Shockproof Jamo wrote:
Aura wrote:4. My native language is Finnish, the rest are native english-speakers.
:shock: Vau. Terveppä teille. :)

Listen, was Rin a difficult character to write? And I mean write her the right way? When I look at her dialogue, and observe her pretty random behavior now that I'm progressing trough her path slowly but surely, I can only think that fleshing out her persona fully must've taken quite a bit of creative madness.
Sure, she was very challenging to write, to the point that the other writers started sort of actively disliking writing stuff with her in it (because I kept telling them they were doing it wrong). Same applies for Kenji to an extent.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:First off, I greatly appreciate that you've enabled anonymous posting without registering. Thanks for that.

I have one short question for Aura. Similar questions have already been asked, but I'd still like to see an answer for this: What is wrong with Rin?
It's quite hard to pinpoint her issues without being educated on mental disorders, yet I'd like to read more on her condition.
Maybe there's something wrong with everyone and everything else?
Rivin

Post by Rivin »

Earlier you said you guys were splitting to go do other projects or something along those lines.. What kind of projects did you mean? Or have you guys thought about it yet? Considering KS just came out and I bet you just want a nice break haha.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Nagatoyuuki wrote:Hey Aura. Hope you're dealing with KS's backlash ok.

Probably something for crud, but I was just wondering. There is a part of dialogue where Hanako says that she is "good with computers'. which was probebly over hung in the story by the singing interest. Is there anything behind this? Or is it just filler?

-bows-

『ユウキ』
I think this was something that Suriko put in during the long, hard editing phase of Hanako's path (Once again, Suriko did a large portion of the back half of Hanako's Path).

However I believe that this is a reference to some of the traits from the "Original" Hanako paths, which included (amongst other things) Karaoke, and so much self-projection (this is really early, mind you) that it hurt.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Nagatoyuuki

Post by Nagatoyuuki »

cpl_crud wrote:
I think this was something that Suriko put in during the long, hard editing phase of Hanako's path (Once again, Suriko did a large portion of the back half of Hanako's Path).

However I believe that this is a reference to some of the traits from the "Original" Hanako paths, which included (amongst other things) Karaoke, and so much self-projection (this is really early, mind you) that it hurt.
I see. That seems reasonable enough. I felt that although it was a minor part of her development, I feel that it almost opened the doors of her personal interests that no one really knows about.

I must say I really look up to you actually haha. I don;t really have another question though.

Can we talk?...

-giggles-

What did it feel like in Hanako's character development during the story? You seem to have put a lot of emotion into her character, and I just wanted to know how it felt for you to flesh out her character?
. . .
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

cpl_crud wrote:
Nagatoyuuki wrote:Hey Aura. Hope you're dealing with KS's backlash ok.

Probably something for crud, but I was just wondering. There is a part of dialogue where Hanako says that she is "good with computers'. which was probebly over hung in the story by the singing interest. Is there anything behind this? Or is it just filler?

-bows-

『ユウキ』

I guess there are parts of both in the final product... In Lilly's path, she eventually joins the newspaper club and helps put stuff together on the computer, and in Hanako's path, a sort of karaoke outing is planned, before it is derailed by other things.
Pie is delicious.

Post by Guest »

How does it feel that you've made a bunch of /v/ neckbeards get their shit together? Myself included.

See this picture:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6251 ... shoujo.jpg
Arcassa

Post by Arcassa »

Guest wrote:How does it feel that you've made a bunch of /v/ neckbeards get their shit together? Myself included.

See this picture:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6251 ... shoujo.jpg
As an addendum to this, I'd like to inquire if 4LS is staffed entirely by wizards.

Post by Guest »

Hello KS-developers, I have a couple of music "specific" questions. But to understand those, you have to listen to two particular youtube videos.

KS music - Afternoon:

Ghetto Boys - Damn it feels good to be a gangsta:

Now the questions:

1. Was this intentional?

2. If yes, does every/most member about the Katawa Shoujo team knows about this?

3. And If you guys know about this, are there more hidden "easter eggs" like this? I am actually laughing hard at this find here.

I do believe this sounds very much alike - yet different in tone and atmosphere, I do suppose it is some kind of easter egg, but VERY hilarious nontheless.

Furthermore I want to thank you for this awesome game, you guys deserve and form of direct and indirect paise, such as reviews and/or people praising it outside this board on other forums. Great game in every aspect!