Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brogurt

Re: Ask!

Post by Brogurt »

Guest wrote:
Aura wrote:I really don't know. We absolutely did not expect such an emotional response.

Did you see this yet?
http://i41.tinypic.com/5owp3a.jpg
There's more then one image of the feel.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

FigureFive wrote:Were you guys surprised by the popularity of Misha after the Demo's release?
Nope, the popularity of the characters was well estabilished well before we released anything. Some characters like Rin and Shizune just got a few admirers more after Act 1.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Rivin wrote:this is kinda a short two questions..
Is it true that shinji was based off of quirks from certain 4LS crew members or something? I heard that somewhere, but couldn't find it in the old q+a to verify it, but I thought it was interesting..
My other question is, is there any particular reason you guys don't want to do VNs anymore? I mean I can understand getting burnt out or wanting to do something different, but you guys made the best VN I think I've ever played (and it seems like many could agree)... It just seems a shame we won't see any more from such talented people someday..
Thanks!
Kenji is maybe more like a parody of his creator's, A22's more extreme aspects, with some added flavour like the misogyny and such.

There's no particular reason. We just want to wind down, not having to constantly worry about a project like this is very relaxing compared to the perpetual stress that has hung over our "free time" for the past five years.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ze spy wrote:So, I just wanted to thank you guys for doing this. It's been a long experience that I wouldn't give for the world and I appreciate it a lot. Anyways, my question would have to be are you happy by the general reaction of all of us? It's quite depressing that all of this is over, but hey, it was a fun ride and I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Yes, we are happy. Really, really happy.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Was there any coordination between the H-scenes in the paths to keep the sexual encounters different and varied?
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

finalizer wrote:I'm curious as to how Mike Inel got involved with the project. It felt like the FMVs were added much later in development, and was wondering what the circumstances were behind them. Not complaining of course - those were wonderful surprise additions.
Brogurt wrote:
Guest wrote:
Aura wrote:I really don't know. We absolutely did not expect such an emotional response.

Did you see this yet?
http://i41.tinypic.com/5owp3a.jpg
There's more then one image of the feel.
And then /v/ was emotionally shattered
Byne

Post by Byne »

Do the events in other paths still happen if you dont follow that path?

For example, does Rin still do the art exhibition if you follow Shizune's path? Do Misha and Shizune still have a fight if you are following Hanako's path? Does Lilly go back to Scotland if you're following Emi's path?
"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life." - Private Leonard Church, Red vs Blue
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

yuastnav wrote:What do you think of your own work?
We think it's all right. Sure there was some emotional investment in the work, but at least I don't feel much emotional attachment to the game.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

finalizer wrote:I'm curious as to how Mike Inel got involved with the project. It felt like the FMVs were added much later in development, and was wondering what the circumstances were behind them. Not complaining of course - those were wonderful surprise additions.
He emailed us, asking if he could animate something for KS. We said ok.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

IBlameRoadSuess wrote:I'm not really wondering anything about the game itself, but wondering if there were any plans to release the redone soundtrack from the full game.
Would be ridiculously awesome.
*Wants Red Velvet and Hokabi*
Yes.

Post by Guest »

You wound me, sir.
Speechless in Texas

Post by Speechless in Texas »

First off, the completed KS has very literally changed my life and my outlook on it. For the better. There are no words or actions that I can convey to thank you for the experience you given me. But here's not the place...

The rumor mill has speculated that Yuuko is Kenji's ex. Having 100%ed the game, the evidence does seem to point that direction strongly. Confirm? Deny? Please don't say No Comment.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Was there any coordination between the H-scenes in the paths to keep the sexual encounters different and varied?
Not really. I mean, we did keep track of that, but nobody actually gave any fucks about it and just made the H scenes as we wanted and what worked for the stories, so keeping track was kinda pointless.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Byne wrote:Do the events in other paths still happen if you dont follow that path?

For example, does Rin still do the art exhibition if you follow Shizune's path? Do Misha and Shizune still have a fight if you are following Hanako's path? Does Lilly go back to Scotland if you're following Emi's path?
Yes, the stories are parallel. Obviously events instigated by Hisao might not happen, and there are some artistic liberties here and there. Will Rin do the art exhibition if Hisao is not there to encourage her and so on?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Speechless in Texas wrote:First off, the completed KS has very literally changed my life and my outlook on it. For the better. There are no words or actions that I can convey to thank you for the experience you given me. But here's not the place...

The rumor mill has speculated that Yuuko is Kenji's ex. Having 100%ed the game, the evidence does seem to point that direction strongly. Confirm? Deny? Please don't say No Comment.
We either put the "evidence" there either as hints, by accident or to fuck with you all. You decide what the truth is for you