Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Esper

Re: Ask!

Post by Esper »

Curious as to the absence of Shizune's mother. She's never mentioned and never present. Is she off somewhere doing things, dead, or something else?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

「ユウキ」 wrote:Last question really.

How does it feel to have spent so much time on this, and it turn out so well?

Because this game is beautiful, quite frankly.
Feels good man.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Fronzel wrote:Someone in the Rin thread posted that they felt the choices in her path were difficult to make, that the "right" answer was hard to get at and hard to understand and that this made sense given what a hard time Hisao has trying to understand Rin.

Was there an attempt to affect the player through the way the choices were structured or worded in Rin's or any other route?
A couple of the paths have certain experimentation going on with the structure. Rin is one of them. (of course, the entire game is experiment-o-rama, as we've done nothing like this before)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
blazinator

Post by blazinator »

Aura wrote:
Fronzel wrote:Someone in the Rin thread posted that they felt the choices in her path were difficult to make, that the "right" answer was hard to get at and hard to understand and that this made sense given what a hard time Hisao has trying to understand Rin.

Was there an attempt to affect the player through the way the choices were structured or worded in Rin's or any other route?
A couple of the paths have certain experimentation going on with the structure. Rin is one of them. (of course, the entire game is experiment-o-rama, as we've done nothing like this before)
So, you were experimenting with this game...but there won't be a KS2.

Ok then.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yo-yo wrote:At the time of the Act 1 release, how much of the current storyline was set in stone? I'm curious about whether any of the major plot points in the current game were complete changes from whatever the plan was several years ago.
With KS, nothing has ever been set in stone. We did have a draft of the entire game, or at least most of it, at that point, but many parts of it have been rewritten since.
「ユウキ」

Post by 「ユウキ」 »

Aura wrote:
Feels good man.
That's the answer I was expecting =w=.

I truly hope you all live wonderful lives knowing you've changed the hearts and minds of thousands through your art.

I will show this game to my children when/if I have them, as I feel it is that inspirational.

Much Sake is to be drunk in 4 Leaf Studios I feel.

「ユウキ」
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Aster Selene wrote:How much of this do you think was inspired by real life experiences?

As in, your own personal experiences, not scholarly research/hearsay off other internet stuff?
I can only be sure on my own part, but I think it's pretty safe to say pretty much none of it. Imagination is a powerful thing.
Yo-yo

Post by Yo-yo »

How tempting was it to quit before finishing?
blazinator

Post by blazinator »

Seriously though, why did you make Emi like that?

It was to troll us, wasn't it? You really knew which buttons to push.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yo-yo wrote:How tempting was it to quit before finishing?
It wasn't a tempting thought at all. The longer we went on, the bigger the stakes grew, and the determination to finish this grew more solid. While in the hardest times I'm sure everyone has thought about giving up, we knew for a long time already that this game is going to be finished.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

blazinator wrote:Seriously though, why did you make Emi like that?

No part of the game was made to troll anyone. If you get personally offended by the thought of a fictional story character having sex, you are trolling yourself.
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

I'm sorry if this has been asked somewhere but I wanted to know if any of the people who worked on this were starting any other projects already and I was wondering if there's a way to follow the people who worked on this? I'd especially like to follow you aura I found your writing to be amazing and you are officially my favorite living author. The Rin path was emotionally gripping so I'd like to keep up with your future works.
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
blazinator

Post by blazinator »

Aura wrote:
blazinator wrote:Seriously though, why did you make Emi like that?

No part of the game was made to troll anyone. If you get personally offended by the thought of a fictional story character having sex, you are trolling yourself.
Yeah...but, like the anal scene was definitely to troll us right?

Haven't had my question answered about how many guys she had either. That "does it matter" response wasn't really satisfactory.
Yo-yo

Post by Yo-yo »

Aura wrote: It wasn't a tempting thought at all. The longer we went on, the bigger the stakes grew, and the determination to finish this grew more solid. While in the hardest times I'm sure everyone has thought about giving up, we knew for a long time already that this game is going to be finished.
But there were members who quit, right? I don't know the details, but I thought I remember hearing about developers being changed around a lot due to people leaving. Or was that way back before Act 1, and the team has been relatively stable since then?
Poly

Post by Poly »

This is a question regarding Hanako's Path...

After finishing Emi's and Lily's path I felt that Hanako's was.. lacking. Was it because of time constraints, lack of interest in her, or just stuff that had to be cut out? I feel like there is more to the story than we are getting or that we were given. Don't give me wrong I still love the character and out of all the girls so far I found her to be the most relatable with isolation and loneliness (Kenji doesn't count.) I just didn't get that big sense of "Completion" and the "ending" I got with the others..

I found the ending for hers.. as I sad before.. lacking? It was sweet but it feels like there should have been more than we were given.

Of course I'm probably thinking to much into this.

So basically what I am saying is... are you satisfied with Hanako's ending or do you think there is something missing?