Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Erenussocrates

Re: Ask!

Post by Erenussocrates »

If I provided you with the steam greanlight fee (whatever it was, 300 dollars or 200 dollars, cannot remember it right now), would you get Katawa Shoujo on steam? A lot of people would have loved that.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Erenussocrates wrote:If I provided you with the steam greanlight fee (whatever it was, 300 dollars or 200 dollars, cannot remember it right now), would you get Katawa Shoujo on steam? A lot of people would have loved that.
I thought that we couldn't due to the sex scenes
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Hmm that occured me just now for some reason. But how about locking it behind censor H-scenes option, and releasing a restoration patch?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, apart from the H-scenes thing and 4LS' unwillingness to censor anything - isn't it Steam's business modell to get a share of the sales?
How would they do that with a game that's completely free?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, apart from the H-scenes thing and 4LS' unwillingness to censor anything - isn't it Steam's business modell to get a share of the sales?
How would they do that with a game that's completely free?
Dunno, but there are a fair number of free games on Steam nevertheless!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Klefx wrote:I was looking at the katawa shoujo wiki recently, and noticed some work being down towards a transcription. http://katawashoujo.wikia.com/wiki/Transcripts (and in recent activity, someone is going through and working on it actively).

There have been three mentions of transcribing KS that I can find on these forums, each of them shot down. However, all three of them seemed to be of different kinds - two of them were porting it into a different medium, and one of them was transcribing it into book form. I was wondering what you though of this direct transcription of KS onto the wiki, scene by scene as basically free information. I can see the benefits of having it in plaintext for people who for some reason can't have the game itself (or don't want the visuals), as well as being able to feed it into a text-to-speech program (as every voice over project has failed). To me this seems to be no different than the voice over projects, and those did not seem to be shut down but rather failed for other reasons, but I did wonder about an official word.
Well, mainly I wonder if those people realized that we made available the scripts for independent translation projects since June 2015... :roll:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Maybe the journey is more important than the destination for them?

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
seg80068

Post by seg80068 »

When was the decision made to subvert Hanako's route instead of making it good? Would you do it again if you had the chance to redo it?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

seg80068 wrote:When was the decision made to subvert Hanako's route instead of making it good? Would you do it again if you had the chance to redo it?
I see someone saw me on a stream. It's a reference to her bad end (and story in general) being aimed at standard VN conventions of whiteknighting moeblobs, being achieved by going down a typical set of choices one would expect in a VN and dealing with the consequences. Perhaps not the best wording (it was mentioned in passing in light conversation), but I'd say it still applies.

It seems pretty polarising, and that's fine. Maybe I didn't have the skill to pull it off. There certainly wasn't any intention to make a poor-quality path or story, though.
Hobojoe

Post by Hobojoe »

I'm kinda surprised to see this forum so lively after so long. Anyway, I'd like to start off this post by thanking the ever living shit out of you beautiful bastards, every damn one of you. This game, no this EXPERIENCE has literally changed my life. I especially want to thank Cpl_crud and Suriko for making Hanako's route. I will forever be a Hanabro, but Kenji is my lord and saviour. I managed to convince like 4-5 friends to play KS. And we've played through the game together in the past. So, truly, thank you all.

Now.... Questions.
Firstly, how do you guys feel about the community, and what they've made of KS? Did you ever expect to establish such an amazing community? Is there anything the community has done, outside the beta leak, that has really left a bad impression?

Secondly, do you still keep in contact with another, as friends? Or have you more or less left your relationships as strictly colleagues?

Thirdly, any regrets regarding the creation? (This has probably been answered, numerous times. But it's already almost 12am so I don't feel like browsing all 300 odd pages, for now.)

And, finally (for now), did you have any particular sources which you drew certain character's personalities and appearance from?

Actually, I lied. I have another question. If you were to have anyone you want voice act the characters, who would you choose for each character? (My curiosity clitoris is very much tickled for this one.)

P.S
Attachments
Merry Christmas, you beautiful bastards.
Merry Christmas, you beautiful bastards.
20.jpg (490.02 KiB) Viewed 12602 times
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Hobojoe wrote: Now.... Questions.
Firstly, how do you guys feel about the community, and what they've made of KS? Did you ever expect to establish such an amazing community? Is there anything the community has done, outside the beta leak, that has really left a bad impression?
The community has been...weird? Is that a good description? I think it probably is. It is always surprising to see this place still alive - like so many things on the internet I figured it would have its time in the sun and fade away, but people keep discovering the game and showing up here. It's nice there's a place for people to go and check that out. It's also a very specific community, in that I don't know how many thins in common people have outside of liking this game. Certainly there was not a 1:1 matchup between people who like this game and, say, people who have followed the various developers around to their other projects. It's very much its own unique thing, and that's kind of rad? Certainly not the sort of exposure I expect to ever get again.

As for stuff that bummed me out? We had a couple people go after some members of the gaming press who reviewed us poorly once. That was pretty shitty of them! I hope they are suitably ashamed of their dumbass actions (but that was a long time ago so who cares anymore).
Secondly, do you still keep in contact with another, as friends? Or have you more or less left your relationships as strictly colleagues?
We keep in touch through twitter or popping in and out of the IRC - and maybe in other ways I don't know about because I only use twitter and the IRC channel. A lot of us have even met in person!
Thirdly, any regrets regarding the creation? (This has probably been answered, numerous times. But it's already almost 12am so I don't feel like browsing all 300 odd pages, for now.)
NO REGRETS SON I DON'T EVEN HAVE A REAR VIEW MIRROR IN MY CAR BECAUSE THEY ARE FOR SUCKERS
And, finally (for now), did you have any particular sources which you drew certain character's personalities and appearance from?
I mean the appearances were all from that initial sketch, and Muto (Mouto? Fuck I don't remember how to spell his name right now) was influenced by the 10th Doctor, but that's about all I can immediately recall. Personality-wise, I don't think there was any one thing in particular beyond the soup of experience and consumed content that any writer would draw on for anything. I certainly don't recall having anyone in particular in mind whilst writing Emi, anyway. I probably answered this question before, and I might have even given a different answer. Memory is weird and it has been a long time.
Actually, I lied. I have another question. If you were to have anyone you want voice act the characters, who would you choose for each character? (My curiosity clitoris is very much tickled for this one.)
I would like Gilbert Gottfreid and 90s-era Bobcat Goldthwait to voice all characters.
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Heyyy, merry christmas. I hope you're all having a good time with your loved ones (or alone)!

It's christmas and I'm mildly drunk so here's a silly question.

If you had to spend christmas, and all that encompasses for you, with one of the girls in the game, who would it be?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Kon22 wrote:Heyyy, merry christmas. I hope you're all having a good time with your loved ones (or alone)!

If you had to spend christmas, and all that encompasses for you, with one of the girls in the game, who would it be?
Lilly. With plenty of wine on hand.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Kon22 wrote:Heyyy, merry christmas. I hope you're all having a good time with your loved ones (or alone)!

Emi maybe? I think she would reign in my excessive eating. Also right now I feel like I need her energy level

------
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Akira. She knows how to party.