Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

The last post from them anywhere I could see (our internal translation forum) was in March.

We don't keep tabs with the translation teams apart from the Japanese team, so sadly I can't really be of help.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura wrote:I don't think so, apart from manually going through the thread IDs which are in chronological order. For example, Ask! is 4896th thread on these forums.

...why?
Most recently, I've become a historian. So I've begun looking at the archive of old stories and posts and trying to trace the history of these forums. It's fascinating. I had been wondering if there was a way to list all the threads by thread ID order, or equivalent. I guess I shall just have to get my hands dirty then, which is fine with me. Thanks for being around for so long; when I read the 'no further updates' post on KS 1.3.1 I felt a twinge of melancholy.

Will you continue to be in these forums? Past posts suggest that when people no longer come here, you'll stop. But of course, you might consider just... stopping. That would be sad too.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Sure. The end of support only means that support for KS ends, nothing else.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
EmiBro

Post by EmiBro »

Aura wrote:The last post from them anywhere I could see (our internal translation forum) was in March.

We don't keep tabs with the translation teams apart from the Japanese team, so sadly I can't really be of help.
So just as a follow up question, does the end of official support mean that the translation teams which have been working before official support ended can no longer expect their translations to be added to the "Full Version"? Or does this only apply to new translations after the fact?

Basically, will the "Full Version" only include English, French, Spanish and Japanese for the foreseeable future, with new translations only being available as patches? And will you no longer be announcing when other translations are finished?
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

I suspect that if I overlooked these answers somehow being in the VN I'm going to look like a goof, and if this has already been asked I'm going to look like an even greater goof, but the question is hard to run a search on and I haven't had any success pinning down an answer.

Are Rin and Misha canonically only children, or is the possible existence of siblings left ambiguous?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

EmiBro wrote:
Aura wrote:The last post from them anywhere I could see (our internal translation forum) was in March.

So just as a follow up question, does the end of official support mean that the translation teams which have been working before official support ended can no longer expect their translations to be added to the "Full Version"? Or does this only apply to new translations after the fact?

Basically, will the "Full Version" only include English, French, Spanish and Japanese for the foreseeable future, with new translations only being available as patches? And will you no longer be announcing when other translations are finished?
Yes, any further translations won't be released as full version by us, nor will we promise to announce/endorse independent translation. This includes any projects that are currently ongoing.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Leaty wrote:I suspect that if I overlooked these answers somehow being in the VN I'm going to look like a goof, and if this has already been asked I'm going to look like an even greater goof, but the question is hard to run a search on and I haven't had any success pinning down an answer.

Are Rin and Misha canonically only children, or is the possible existence of siblings left ambiguous?
Yes, both are only children.
danfs

Post by danfs »

Now that I can translate the game to my own language (Portuguese), I have some questions about it (sorry if there are to many)

-What was the Word Count in the english script?
-If I try to "export" my saves from 1.3 to 1.3.1, what should I try?
-Were there any changes on the script from 1.3 to 1.3.1?
-Do you have any tips for someone trying to translate the game?

If you answer any of them, I'll be really thankful
"Life is not nice, it's limited. An imperfect blink of an eye on the infinite immensity of the universe"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

danfs wrote:Now that I can translate the game to my own language (Portuguese), I have some questions about it (sorry if there are to many)

-What was the Word Count in the english script?
-If I try to "export" my saves from 1.3 to 1.3.1, what should I try?
-Were there any changes on the script from 1.3 to 1.3.1?
-Do you have any tips for someone trying to translate the game?

If you answer any of them, I'll be really thankful
- It's around 500000 words. Roughly the same as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, for comparison.
- It should work.
- Only in Japanese scripts
- Don't do it alone. You'll want a team. Work on it every day, even if it's just a tiny amount. Also realize that you need to be a competent writer in your target language to get a good result. If you're a poor writer the translation will read like ass.
jayjayx5x1

Post by jayjayx5x1 »

Do you plan to make anything else KS related (not another sequel or prequel to the game as that has already been confirmed as not going to happen) like drawings, or animations?
also is there anything you guys are working on atm either together or individually im always interested in peoples work. also i apologise if either of these questions are a nuisance as that is not my intention.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

We have no plans to make more KS things.

Many of us are doing stuff.
jayjayx5x1

Post by jayjayx5x1 »

Aura wrote:We have no plans to make more KS things.

where would i be able to find the new things when they are released?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

jayjayx5x1 wrote:

This is a good start:

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.jp/2012/05 ... s.html?m=1
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
jayjayx5x1

Post by jayjayx5x1 »

cpl_crud wrote:
jayjayx5x1 wrote:

This is a good start:

http://katawashoujo.blogspot.jp/2012/05 ... s.html?m=1
thanks i shall take a look.
jayjayx5x1

Post by jayjayx5x1 »

with regards to fanmade work, does that include making a game (definently free, due to your requests and well it would be wrong) cause i was thinking of making a little futuristic game where each of the characters from KS would have their own cool futuristic suits and stuff, as for the story of said potential game well none atm really my main intention would be to just make each character into a 3D model and make them look futurery, and then just make them playable in 3rd person on a little game, if there were to be a story it would be a fanfic story not novel though it would be a relatively small story, the main thing really is just a futuristic fanfic but with an actual playable build which you can run around and do stuff in. If you feel i wasn't clear we certain parts of my idea please ask away. also if I can't make said fangame, would i still be able to make the 3D models and do a little animation or still render?