Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hein

Re: Ask!

Post by Hein »

Comrade wrote:How did Misha(Shizune?) knew what Hisao was thinking in "Smalltalk" (Act 1, day 2)?

God magic?
I'm guessing they were just good at reading him, remember that Shizune is really competitive and smart. EDIT: probably their dialogue was just written that way for some reason, who wrote the Shizune/Misha playthrough? Maybe we could get their input.
Last edited by Hein on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hein

Post by Hein »

The main title screen plays the song Wiosna, which in Polish means 'Spring'. Was that because Hisao has his heart attack during the Winter and he joins Yamaku in the Spring?
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Hein wrote:The main title screen plays the song Wiosna, which in Polish means 'Spring'. Was that because Hisao has his heart attack during the Winter and he joins Yamaku in the Spring?
No. I named it in homage to this.
Hein

Post by Hein »

Regardless, I thought the music in this game was wonderful, especially Wiosna. I guess sometimes we read more into things.
kazenokize

Post by kazenokize »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
Hein wrote:The main title screen plays the song Wiosna, which in Polish means 'Spring'. Was that because Hisao has his heart attack during the Winter and he joins Yamaku in the Spring?
No. I named it in homage to this.
What a beautiful song.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Since Hanako's theme is the only one that doesn't play during regular conversation with her, what song from the KS track would you assign her as her "passive" theme?
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

I know this is an odd question, but has there been any mention of when yamaku was founded?
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

ParagonTerminus wrote:Since Hanako's theme is the only one that doesn't play during regular conversation with her, what song from the KS track would you assign her as her "passive" theme?
I don't know how they were used in the final product but the two themes I wrote for Hanako were Painful History and Raindrops and Puddles. I'd assume Raindrops and Puddles is what's used for casual conversation.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Nicol Armarfi wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:Since Hanako's theme is the only one that doesn't play during regular conversation with her, what song from the KS track would you assign her as her "passive" theme?
I don't know how they were used in the final product but the two themes I wrote for Hanako were Painful History and Raindrops and Puddles. I'd assume Raindrops and Puddles is what's used for casual conversation.
I had no idea raindrops and puddles was written for Hanako, it just seems to be used, well, everywhere. Mainly Hisaos monologues.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yeah, it's widely used, but it uses the same leitmotiff as Painful History, so I always figured it to be Hanako's secondary theme.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Are all characters right-handed ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

We never decided anyone's handedness. All I remember is that Rin is ambidextrous (because kamifish drew her using different feet for dexterity tasks in different images, not because anyone decided she was).
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura wrote:We never decided anyone's handedness. All I remember is that Rin is ambidextrous (because kamifish drew her using different feet for dexterity tasks in different images, not because anyone decided she was).
I'd have to suggest the use of the term 'ambipedal', not 'ambidextrous', in Rin's particular case. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
havoc

Post by havoc »

How did the charaters come about, did you have people who served as thier base model? (not talking about apperance)

Also i am kinda curious does the origional team from four leaf still have contact witt eachother?
And are you currently working on anything anything or will there be no more artbooks and such?
Is there even a slight chance four leaf will make another game, not necessarily a sequel or anything.

Just being curious.

Really liked the music and pacing of the game, as well as the characters themselves.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

What was your inspiration for the logo?
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.