Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

poopooface

Re: Ask!

Post by poopooface »

ArcCain wrote:When was the last time you (devs) played all of Katawa Shoujo, start to finish?
One look at the Ask pages and you'll see they give off a vibe as if they despise their own work. :lol:
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I think indifference is more like it. And it's perfectly normal. I once worked on a fangame together with a few others and the whole thing took several years. Throughout the process, I spent so much time "playing" the game (more like playing several sections again and again and again in order to replicate and then fix a bug and then play it once more for good measure to make certain it was really gone) that it stopped being fun. Took me quite some time to be able to view it as entertainment again, rather than a project that would sometimes drive you crazy.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

You probably should take a second look at the comments we've made of this topic. There's a pretty big difference between being self-critical and realistic and "despising your own work". Here's an example

I'd guess the actual reason for most of us not wanting to read KS is saturation. We ate and breathed KS for five years. At least I've read KS probably close to 20 times during development in total. I just don't see any point to reading it again in at least another 10 years.

Edit: indifference is not a term I'd use either. I definitely am not indifferent towards KS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

if an anime producer were to contact you and say they want to make an anime out of KS, would you accept? im guessing it would be a mature anime, doesnt necesarily need to be full hentai all the way like some people would expect of it:P
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Kibaro wrote:if an anime producer were to contact you and say they want to make an anime out of KS, would you accept? im guessing it would be a mature anime, doesnt necesarily need to be full hentai all the way like some people would expect of it:P
I dont think anyone would expect KS to be a "Full hentai" anime. When the game consists of maybe an hours worth of H-Scenes compared to the 24~hours worth of gameplay.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kibaro wrote:if an anime producer were to contact you and say they want to make an anime out of KS, would you accept? im guessing it would be a mature anime, doesnt necesarily need to be full hentai all the way like some people would expect of it:P
Almost definitely no.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Atario

Post by Atario »

CoffeeDrive wrote:I dont think anyone would expect KS to be a "Full hentai" anime. When the game consists of maybe an hours worth of H-Scenes compared to the 24~hours worth of gameplay.
You'd be surprised, then, at how mild content can be to get a hentai label in the realm of anime.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Atario wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:I dont think anyone would expect KS to be a "Full hentai" anime. When the game consists of maybe an hours worth of H-Scenes compared to the 24~hours worth of gameplay.
You'd be surprised, then, at how mild content can be to get a hentai label in the realm of anime.
ECCHI

For fuck's sake, if there's no penetration shown, it's ecchi, not hentai.

Yosuga no Sora and Aki Sora both have anime adaptations, both have sex that's on-screen, but no penetration shown.
Both are classified as Ecchi.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Oops, looks like I tripped the otaku-lawyer-rage-wire!

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Oh goodness no. That would introduce all manner of complications--who gets paid, how much are we paid, etc., and opens the door for all sorts of lawyering (Raita could sue us, we could sue each other, people who fell off the project might want a cut, etc. etc.). Besides, as said when the subject of someone else making a sequel came up, frankly we wouldn't trust them to do it properly.
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Happy birthday, Hanako!

Also, from there, I gotta ask. Did you based the girl's birthdays in.. anything? Or, more like, did you choose those dates for a reason or they are completely random? I'm not implying that you had a very deep reason (Like a lot of people think you should have for most trivial decisions), but I could see you at least chosing each girl zodiac sign. So, was that the case?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Kon22 wrote:Happy birthday, Hanako!

Also, from there, I gotta ask. Did you based the girl's birthdays in.. anything? Or, more like, did you choose those dates for a reason or they are completely random? I'm not implying that you had a very deep reason (Like a lot of people think you should have for most trivial decisions), but I could see you at least chosing each girl zodiac sign. So, was that the case?
I know that Hanako/Lilly (there were some swaps during development) were chosen simply so that they would fall in the game.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

The birthdays are more or less random (although by sheer coincidence, I share Hanako's birthday).
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Oh, I see.

And well, if that's the case, happy birthday, Hivemind!
Atario

Post by Atario »

TheHivemind wrote:The birthdays are more or less random (although by sheer coincidence, I share Hanako's birthday).
Are you older or younger than her?