Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ksfan1989

Re: Ask!

Post by ksfan1989 »

I'm having trouble picturing a Misha route. In my head it would go something like this:

"Hisao: Misha, you should be my girlfriend."

"Misha: Are you secretly a girl?"

"Hisao: No."

"Misha: I'll pass."

Roll credits.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Aura wrote:That's the thing: she wasn't supposed to have a route, which is why shooting down the suggestion was immediate and easy.
Is that due to the original RAITA drawing not having her? Or some other criteria?
ksfan1989 wrote:I'm having trouble picturing a Misha route.
There are some good examples in the fanfic section.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Unnecessary bloat for an already huge project and the concept was specifically 5 romanceable girls.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

So it is also false that Saki and Rika where intended to have paths but where cut do to time? I know some one on the forum talked about it as if that was the case.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Aura wrote:Unnecessary bloat
An unkind person might take this opportunity to make a cruel joke at Misha's expense.

ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Why? For her curves?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

ArcCain wrote:So it is also false that Saki and Rika where intended to have paths but where cut do to time? I know some one on the forum talked about it as if that was the case.
Completely false. No Rika or Saki paths were ever discussed during the development of KS, and while I have no idea about the contents of my colleagues' diseased imaginations, as far as I know Rika was not even conceptualized at the time. I was as surprised as anyone when I read the contents of the April's Fool blogpost and found out that I was apparently going to write a path for Rika. :lol:

And since we are laying misconceptions to rest, no other paths were cut either. As mentioned above, they weren't ever started to begin with.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

poopooface

Post by poopooface »

Aura wrote:He's our (A22's) take on the idiot best friend trope. We made him annoying just to piss specifically you off.
Loved him so much. If only we ever got to see his charts and puppets. :lol:
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
CobraArts

Post by CobraArts »

Dear Aura,
I didn't know where else to go to ask this so I'm sorry if this isn't the place to place but I have been a fan of “Katawa Shoujo” for a few years now. I’m some-what of a hobbyist where I tend to do a lot of things on my spare time, most recently I took up game making with the RPG Maker software (I'm no expert). I’m not studying game development, I don’t have a desire to pursue a career in game development, I just do it for fun with no profit earning involved. I’m actually currently working on a survival horror RPG game that I’m almost finished with and I have been thinking about what game to do next.
The thought of doing a Katawa Shoujo fan game came to mind, now I know you have strict rules when it comes to people using the name and characters but I would like you to hear me out. I haven’t worked on any script yet because I’m still working on my horror game but I can tell you the general basis of the game. The game would feature an entirely different cast, none of the iconic characters are playable or will have paths, it will be a short game with about 3 – 4 paths to take. It’s just if I could get your consent all I ask is that you allow me to have the game take place in the same school/universe and that some characters make in game cameos (like walking through the halls etc.).
This would be a non-profit game, no money is to be earned by it, and the in game cut scenes will not be using your art. I know how strict you are with the music of the game so I won’t use the music even though I would like to. I just hope that you would give me the “OK” to make the game whenever I get around to it, I’m even willing to email you guys the script whenever it’s done as some kind of reassurance. I don’t have an official name for this future game but I was thinking “Katawa Shoujo: Four Leaves” to represent the playable paths or main characters and as a way to pay respect to you guys “Four Leaf Studio.” I thought it would be wise to ask you guys for permission and if you allow me to I would put in a disclaimer stating that you own everything “Katawa Shoujo,” I just want to do this for fun. I don’t have a fan following or anything so my only motivation is to create something new and different.
I hope to hear from you soon and I will respect any decision you make, thank you for hearing me out.
- Steph. Felix
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Atario wrote:There are some good examples in the fanfic section.
There are some examples, anyway.
Atario

Post by Atario »

ksfan1989 wrote:
Atario wrote:There are some good examples in the fanfic section.
There are some examples, anyway.
Don't cut yourself on that edge

ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Looks like I touched a nerve there.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ksfan1989 wrote:Looks like I touched a nerve there.
It's kind of a silly comment to make when there is in fact extremely high quality writing there if you know where to look. Plus, it doesn't really add to the topic, so going any further with it would just be a distraction. Please stop.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ksfan1989

Post by ksfan1989 »

Generally speaking I respond in the manner in which I'm addressed. I do sometimes let my rather acerbic sense of humour get the better of me, and I can be good enough to offer an apology for that.

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion further on the subject of "Misha route" fan fiction, but just as a clarification I'm not condemning the fan fiction here in it's entirety. You're right, some of it is very good.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

This one's kind of a weaksauce, pedantic question, but where do students at Yamaku like Hisao refill their prescriptions?

Is there a pharmacy counter in the admin building? Do they just go to Nurse when they need more? Does it come in the mail? Do students get a fridge in their rooms if their medication needs to be refrigerated?