Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ArcCain

Re: Ask!

Post by ArcCain »

Couldn't Hisao just have a heart transplant?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Yes, he could - if a compatible donor could be found, and those don't grow on trees. If he made it to the top of the recipient lists, and those are choked with people who can't survive just with medication but otherwise unaided. And if it wasn't the equivalent of hunting with a flamethrower, since it's the end of the line in a series of progressively harsher treatments.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

I see. But it could be done at least.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Organ donation isn't something to be done willy-nilly, either. Even after a successful transplant, a whole host of drugs are needed for the rest of the patient's life to ensure that their body doesn't reject the donor organ. In non-essential cases such as Hisao's, the cost of a transplant would far outweigh any alternative method of treatment (which mostly consists of pills anyhow). Organ donations are generally a last-ditch solution to a problem which would otherwise prove fatal.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

How old was Yuuko during the events of the VN?
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

bhtooefr wrote:How old was Yuuko during the events of the VN?
That's something I've been wondering as well.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Erenussocrates wrote:This one is directed at NicolArmarfi,

Did you take any lessons regarding music? Enrolled to a school of music or just taken private lessons? Was anyone from your family involved in music? How did you get interested in? I wonder your lifestory about music in general, how it started, how you improved, how you came to make Katawa Shoujo music etc.
I would ask the same thing about Blue123 as well, but I doubt if he is checking here anymore.

Did you create the music only using a program/a number of programs, or did you actually record them in RL, playing the instruments? I wonder if it's possible to do it the latter way.

My friend have talked about the programs "garage band" (for mac only), "stagelight 6" and "mixcraft" before. I wonder if they are any good in general/capable of making visual novel music using various instruments.
I took piano lessons for a couple years, and I played viola in my highschool strings class, beyond that I'm self taught. No one else in my family plays or writes music, I just got interested in it by playing video games. Final Fantasy was a huge inspiration for me, particularly X which was the first one I played. I started on Katawa Shoujo by responding to a call for musicians on a forum I visit occasionally called lemmasoft. All of the music in KS was synthesized, nothing was playing live save for the sax part in Red Velvet which was done by someone else after the release of the vn. Of course it is possible to record the music with live instruments, but you just need to have access to all the instruments and know how to play them, or know people who can, have the appropriate recording setup or the money to buy studio time. It wasn't feasible for us on a $0 budget, but as far as I'm concerned synthesized instruments are good enough. Regarding music programs, it depends what you're aiming for. For VN or video game music, it doesn't really matter which specific programs you use as long as you know what you're doing. Consistency is the most important point for me, as long as the music has consistent production values it doesn't really matter if you're using freeware soundfonts in FL Studio or recording live instruments in a studio setting. For example, I wouldn't say the music in Super Mario World is any worse than the music in Super Mario 3D World because it was made using primitive samples on a SNES as opposed to live orchestral music. Just find a setup that works for you and resonates with your style.
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Maybe this is a weird question, or a really obvious one, or something. But, in Lilly's route, if I recall correctly, there's a few references to Agatha Christie. Lilly is reading one of her books, and I think the other one is mentioned. Also, there's a mention to Poirot, maybe?

So, yeah. This is not really a question, but, I'm guessing Lilly's path writer is into that kind of books?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Kon22 wrote:Maybe this is a weird question, or a really obvious one, or something. But, in Lilly's route, if I recall correctly, there's a few references to Agatha Christie. Lilly is reading one of her books, and I think the other one is mentioned. Also, there's a mention to Poirot, maybe?

So, yeah. This is not really a question, but, I'm guessing Lilly's path writer is into that kind of books?
I think it is a safe bet that most of the writers are into books... But there was that inspiration Map that we did a while back..
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Well, actually, I remember seeing that pic and I didn't find anything about Agatha Christie or something like that there. I guess it wasn't inspiration, just a few references because, why not. That's why I ask.
Last edited by Kon22 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Uhh. I couldn't find that inspiration map
Bad Apple

Post by Bad Apple »

Erenussocrates wrote:Uhh. I couldn't find that inspiration map
http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/webstorage ... _final.jpg
"If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires."
— Horace Traubel
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

I also would like to know that.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

She's not a Christmas cake yet.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Seeing that Yuuko's still aiming to get into university, she's probably only about 2 to 3 years older than the main cast, most likely. (since most students are 18 or 19 by the time they graduate high school) I'd be surprised if Yuuko spent like 7 years trying to get into a university.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.