Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

If you guys want to continue this debate, you should move to a thread of its own.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

delta wrote:
TheHivemind wrote: It is awfully difficult to convince a department full of Shakespeare and Byron Shelly devotees that Zork or Homestuck have real literary merit.
It's awfully difficult to convince ANYONE of that, mostly for the reason that it's laughably absurd.
But isn't that really the point of post-graduate studies? Especially in the arts?
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Dream

Post by Dream »

I think i read a reply by the devs in this thread that said KS's original setting was planned to be a russian orphanage in the 20's (At least i think i read that, apologies if i'm mistaken) but the setting of the finished product is very different.

What drove you to this change in setting? Was there an specific reason for which you decided to make that change?
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You're probably referring to this post by Suriko (and previously Hivemind).
Reading it again should answer your question.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Dream wrote:I think i read a reply by the devs in this thread that said KS's original setting was planned to be a russian orphanage in the 20's (At least i think i read that, apologies if i'm mistaken) but the setting of the finished product is very different.

What drove you to this change in setting? Was there an specific reason for which you decided to make that change?
You've got it the wrong way around. "A Russian orphanage" is the answer we give to the question "If not for Japanese highschool, what setting you would've used for KS?". It's asked often because we tend to rail against KS's setting every chance we get.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

A Russian orphanage in the 30s?
For some reason, i don't think that would have come out so well...
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Crashmaster

Post by Crashmaster »

Did you guys know the crowd sound was used in Attack on Titan, in the first episode around the 8 minute mark? I can tell from the guy saying "Well we can stack 'em."
Did you guys get that sound from somewhere, or did someone in the dev team make it?
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

If a group of fans decided to work and make a sequel to this, would you allow it? Thinking about it, it would be similar to how this one was made? Just wondering, doubt enough people would help make one anyway :P
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Bailey wrote:If a group of fans decided to work and make a sequel to this, would you allow it? Thinking about it, it would be similar to how this one was made? Just wondering, doubt enough people would help make one anyway :P
Mirage_GSM wrote:Reading the FAQ might help:
The FAQ wrote:Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
That said, there are plenty of people working on several KS-inspired projects out there, some closer in spirit to KS than others. You need only look.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
AMerePerson

Post by AMerePerson »

How often dd the writers meed to discuss things like the general timeline of the story? I noticed that, for the most part, the timeline seemed consistent, but there were some discrepancies.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

AMerePerson wrote:How often dd the writers meed to discuss things like the general timeline of the story? I noticed that, for the most part, the timeline seemed consistent, but there were some discrepancies.
We never had any meetings with the entire writing staff - time zones made scheduling practically impossibile. Instead the development discussion was rolling over on IRC and our dev forum so that whoever was present participated, and people waking up/logging on got updated on what had happened while they were sleeping or at work, school or whatever. Especially for the first couple of years this was more or less (mostly less) continuous around the clock, so I could answer both "never" and "almost every day" to your question.

The timeline and a few other things are inconsistent between the routes because we never felt the need to stress consistency there. Each of the routes is a sort of an alternate timeline no matter what, due to how KS was written.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

In Shizune's route, what is the complement she gives him the first time theyre in the cafe? The one Misha refuses to translate?
Hanako used to have no scaring... But that all changed when the fire nation attacked.
Rikabro

Post by Rikabro »

Silentcook wrote:but I can think of at least four more split between Lilly's and Hanako's paths
Willing to embellish a little? I want to hear about the katawas that never were. I promise not to write fanfiction about them.
Writer for Familiarity. I also have an anime blog.
AMerePerson

Post by AMerePerson »

Rikabro wrote:
Silentcook wrote:but I can think of at least four more split between Lilly's and Hanako's paths
Willing to embellish a little? I want to hear about the katawas that never were. I promise not to write fanfiction about them.
Considering the game was inspired off a image, that showed qualities of the 5 girls, there probably weren't any characters that were created then scrapped, not counting people created for april fools stories.

Note: This is only conjecture
Palas

Post by Palas »

I have a question to the dev team, but it's more specifically aimed at Nicol.

Air Guitar's piano arrangement sounds strangely... genuine. I mean, in the sense that this is how the tune was supposed to sound like from the very beginning. Air Guitar is probably my favourite KS song, but there's something about its... I don't know how to word this... flow? That sounds more suited to a piano than to an acoustic guitar. This sort of hybridness made it fresh and I appreciate it, but I'd like to know whether it was supposed to be a piano piece at first and, if so, why it got a guitar arrangement.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.