Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

OtakuNinja wrote:What's the purpose with the group "Team Blobster"? :lol:

On a more serious note, is Kenji older or younger than Hisao? :)
Team Blobster was a VN development group whose forum was a subforum here (because delta was in it). Their project died.

Kenji's birthday date is undecided so we don't know.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Xanatos wrote:Whose idea was it to give Misha this ridiculous shirt?
A22
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Aura wrote:
Deathkeeperx wrote:Hi, I was just wondering when Akira Satou's birthday was.
Not decided.
If you haven't decided can I choose a date?
This is a fancy sentence.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Carighan wrote:Is there a recording (if it was audio) or a screenshot (if it was text) of cpl_crud and Suriko having a shouting contest over some detail of Hanako's personality or story? :twisted:

Kidding, ofc - that is, I assume (from the way you all still frequent the same forum) that there was no in-team fighting beyond the expected amount for any dev team?
Crud and I got along well, and there was no real drama between us with regards to Hanako path.

In general, project drama never really got beyond what one might expect from an informal group stuck together for 4-5 years, and most still keep in contact with each other.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Deathkeeperx wrote:
Aura wrote:
Deathkeeperx wrote:Hi, I was just wondering when Akira Satou's birthday was.
Not decided.
If you haven't decided can I choose a date?
I don't think anyone should care if you pick an arbitrary date for fanfic needs or for eating cake with a pic of her or whatever it is for.
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Aura wrote: I don't think anyone should care if you pick an arbitrary date for fanfic needs or for eating cake with a pic of her or whatever it is for.
Then the date shall be May 18th!
This is a fancy sentence.
A Forum Member

Post by A Forum Member »

Deathkeeperx wrote:
Aura wrote: I don't think anyone should care if you pick an arbitrary date for fanfic needs or for eating cake with a pic of her or whatever it is for.
It is now canon.

Do you guys ever hear from Anonymous22 nowadays or is it just the forums that he dosn't visit (or at least doesn't post in)?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

A Forum Member wrote:
Deathkeeperx wrote:
It is now canon.

Do you guys ever hear from Anonymous22 nowadays or is it just the forums that he dosn't visit (or at least doesn't post in)?
Same as ever I guess? He is one "us guys" after all. A significant majority of 4LS don't post on the public forums, or hang out on the public IRC channel.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I always wonder what you guys must think of all us crazy fans who get almost obsessiveness about the world you've created.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

pandaphil wrote:I always wonder what you guys must think of all us crazy fans who get almost obsessiveness about the world you've created.
"Almost"? Understatement of the week there. I think being obsessive and "crazy" is just pretty standard for being a fan of something. It's not really an issue for me personally. I mean, sure I occasionally find the fandom weird, and it's occasionally hard to interact with the fans because I don't get the fan mindset, but whatever. That could go for anyone.
StudyOfWumbology

Post by StudyOfWumbology »

Aura wrote: and it's occasionally hard to interact with the fans because I don't get the fan mindset, but whatever. That could go for anyone.
Well you are a creator after all.
Things happen. For the best or for the worst we do not know.
ShazzBott

Post by ShazzBott »

Have any of the details or events is the characters lives ever come from writer experiences or were they just created completely out of thought. It just feels like the writers had to be emotionally connected with a determined mindset to make such in-depth storylines
My motivation- Rin seizing the day, carefree, absent-minded, yet driven.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ShazzBott wrote:Have any of the details or events is the characters lives ever come from writer experiences or were they just created completely out of thought. It just feels like the writers had to be emotionally connected with a determined mindset to make such in-depth storylines
As far as I'm aware, no. This sentiment has been expressed before and it's always kind of puzzling. Just because something happened in real life wouldn't automatically mean you can turn it into compelling narrative, and vice versa.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ShazzBott wrote:Have any of the details or events is the characters lives ever come from writer experiences or were they just created completely out of thought. It just feels like the writers had to be emotionally connected with a determined mindset to make such in-depth storylines

I'd have to mostly agree with Aura.

Whilst early versions of Hanako drew upon my "real world" experiences, there is not much that comes into the versions of Hanako that came since.

Little things, like the tile game, and maybe some lines of dialogue, may have roots in reality, but I think that Hanako was more of a fantasy girl for me, and hence a lot of her storyline (as far as my hand in it, anyway) came mostly from fantasy...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

And yet, we have a forumer who has a very similar life experience to Hanako's. Life is stranger than fiction sometimes.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."