Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook »

A word about this kind of question and its variants:

Asking about likes/dislikes of fictional characters is more than a little silly. In most cases, we won't have thought of something specific or relevant to your question beforehand since it wasn't relevant to development, so you're essentially asking us to make shit up on the spot. You know what happens when we make shit up on the spot. :shock:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Silentcook wrote:A word about this kind of question and its variants:

Asking about likes/dislikes of fictional characters is more than a little silly. In most cases, we won't have thought of something specific or relevant to your question beforehand since it wasn't relevant to development, so you're essentially asking us to make shit up on the spot. You know what happens when we make shit up on the spot. :shock:
What else is writing if not making shit up on the spot? But yeah, who knows. They all hate all seasons.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Silentcook wrote:Asking about likes/dislikes of fictional characters is more than a little silly. You know what happens when we make shit up on the spot. :shock:
We all know that it's silly, but some writers might have overdone it a bit and are therefore able to answer the questions. :lol: Also, KS happened when you made shit up on the spot. ;)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Some Old Guy wrote:I'm not too sure if this is the place to ask this (or if even if it's been asked already; sorry, I tried to read most of this thread, and failed spectacularly), but what books did the devs read during KS? Or maybe a personal fave? I grabbed some of Murakami's books due to crud name dropping him a few times, and really liked them (Norwegian Wood blew my mind, and I'm just about to finish A Wild Sheep Chase).

:oops: *Sighs* And yeah, KS got me reading again.

Thanks, for reminding me about books, making a great game, and possibly answering this question.

Most of the stuff i was reading you already know then. To be honest, when I need to fill a gap of something that is slightly trivial, I really just look for something nearby.

But, like Suriko, recently I have only really read non-fiction, as well as 1Q84 and The Tale of Genji

In non-fiction, apart from business books, I've recently read "Going Clear" and "Slavery Inc."
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

OtakuNinja wrote:To the pathwriters of these girls:

What's Hanako/Lilly/Shizune/Rin's favorite season? :)

Hanako's favorite seasons is a magical 5th season that is revealed upon 110% completion.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

OtakuNinja wrote:To the pathwriters of these girls:

What's Hanako/Lilly/Shizune/Rin's favorite season? :)
Lilly's is mentioned ingame. Winter.
YZQ wrote: Sounds like Suriko might be well placed to answer my question: Does Hanako like reading non-fiction, especially history?
Fantasy and sci-fi. Mainly escapism-oriented fiction. And whatever Crud was think of at the time besides. He basically set her reading habits rather than me.

Yuuko's focus of study and references she drops are the result of my dorking about with history.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Is there a recording (if it was audio) or a screenshot (if it was text) of cpl_crud and Suriko having a shouting contest over some detail of Hanako's personality or story? :twisted:

Kidding, ofc - that is, I assume (from the way you all still frequent the same forum) that there was no in-team fighting beyond the expected amount for any dev team?
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Hey there. This question is for ANY dev or representative of 4LS at all. I come from the KS channel on a website called funnyjunk. We are a very...I'd say close knit group in all. However, recently we've split into subgroups, who all interact, play games, perform projects, and generally have a good time. I am here on bahalf of a particular sub-group called the "Shizune Alliance." We're basically a group of folks that took lessons from the Shizune route, and choose to at least try to live every day with passion for the things that we do.

My question! We made sweatshirts for our group, and ONLY our group. We used original art, and we wont be making any money off of them, however, the website we used to make them will. We wanted to clear it with you before we went ahead and ordered them. Would it be okay if we had a bit of Shizune Alliance gear to pal around in?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Yes, yes you can. Personal use + original art = good.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Zailen

Post by Zailen »

Thanks so much Silentcook! Just wanted to clear it with you guys first just in case. :)
Deathkeeperx

Post by Deathkeeperx »

Hi, I was just wondering when Akira Satou's birthday was.
This is a fancy sentence.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

What's the purpose with the group "Team Blobster"? :lol:

On a more serious note, is Kenji older or younger than Hisao? :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Whose idea was it to give Misha this ridiculous shirt?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

I would love to know, though I am sort-of hoping it was a poke at the back and forth of the presidential campaign.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Deathkeeperx wrote:Hi, I was just wondering when Akira Satou's birthday was.
Not decided.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents