Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

neio

Re: Ask!

Post by neio »

Aura wrote:
Raziel wrote:How does run lack a bush but Emily has one? I think it should be the other way around...
Emily doesn't want to be a gardener, but there's maybe something there about Emily's family circumstances that make her obsessive about house plants. Bushes get in the way of running so it's pretty natural a run lacks one. If you think about it this way, it should make sense.
What is going on?
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Aura wrote:
Raziel wrote:How does run lack a bush but Emily has one? I think it should be the other way around...
Emily doesn't want to be a gardener, but there's maybe something there about Emily's family circumstances that make her obsessive about house plants. Bushes get in the way of running so it's pretty natural a run lacks one. If you think about it this way, it should make sense.
Best answer. Aura won the thread. :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Aura wrote:
Okay, exactly what kind of bushes are we talking about here?
Last edited by ArcCain on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

ArcCain wrote:
Aura wrote:
Okay, exactly what kind of bushes are we talking bout here?
This kind.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Ah thank god! X3

But the wording made it hard to get what they where talking about, and what´s this talk about bushes? I don´t remember bushes in her story.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
neio

Post by neio »

Hmmmmmmmm...............
HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ok, I think I've deciphered it.
Why does Rin paint instead of Emi? How does she do it?
Rin uses her toes to paint. She's defying her condition, just like the legless wonder-runner does.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
ShazzBott

Post by ShazzBott »

Have any of you ever defended the game personally against critics or personally responded to harsh constructed criticism?
My motivation- Rin seizing the day, carefree, absent-minded, yet driven.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ShazzBott wrote:Have any of you ever defended the game personally against critics or personally responded to harsh constructed criticism?
Not really. I feel it's very unproductive to "defend" KS, for two reasons. First, it's pointless to respond. KS is already done and they already had a bad impression. At most I can say "what a shame you didn't like KS" and consider any criticism privately. Secondly, we are very critical people ourselves. Any critique of KS that we hadn't discussed, considered or brought up in one form or another during the development is exceptionally rare, so much so that it's basically nonexistent. And the critique we've though of, well I've addressed it before in the internal context and it's of no interest to me to respond to it anymore.

I remember this one time though, I wrote a very long post in response to a person griping about the inclusion of sex devaluing the work (long before Ks was released). So that's maybe the kind of thing you're thinking about.

Relatedly, I don't feel a particular need to convince people out of their prejudices concerning KS either. The first two associations most people get when introduced to KS are "4chan" and "disabled sex", both in a very negative way. It's unfortunate, and sure I would like to correct everyone who says KS was "made by 4chan", but it'd be such a waste of time.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
MutilatedManequin

Post by MutilatedManequin »

Can't be nackerd to dig through 180 pages lol. Did the production of KS interrupt your daily routine or life any? How did You divide time between KS and irl
There is a method to my madness, a random number of random steps done in no particular order to accomplish god knows what
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

MutilatedManequin wrote:Can't be nackerd to dig through 180 pages lol. Did the production of KS interrupt your daily routine or life any? How did You divide time between KS and irl
Of course! We spent an incredible amount of time on KS and hanging out with each other, hundreds of hours that would've been spent on something else otherwise. It's a hobby we're devoted to, so think of it like one. I didn't find it difficult to incorporate working on KS into my daily routine. I just reduced the time I spend on any other activities I do on the computer and in trade, wrote or did other dev work.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

At least three hours a day, every day for four years, got spent on KS. Most of those were taken from sleep.

Simple, though maybe not so easy.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

muliebrity

Post by muliebrity »

How many of you are interested in working on games outside of this genre? Would writing for other game types suit you, do you think?
<Xanatos>: Most certainly, matriarch appreciator.
My hobby: taking Xan quotes out of context.
Unorthodox KS Fanart
I loved every minute of KS, every route.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Is it true that every major girl in the game has a "stupid" sprite that appears only once in the game for each one of them? I remember from the top of my head Shizune's (°^°) face, Rin's (8u) face (one eye open, other one half-closed, mouth agape), and Emi's (°.°) face when imitating Misha/Shizune on the racetrack.
If so, can they be collected and shown somewhere?
(sorry for the stupid question)
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

muliebrity wrote:How many of you are interested in working on games outside of this genre? Would writing for other game types suit you, do you think?
Not particularly. I mean, if an opportunity would present itself, I'd consider it for sure, but I'm not likely to seek such opportunities.

EDIT: only after reading suriko's reply I notice the word "genre" instead of "medium". As with Suriko, it's more like I have no interest on working with KS's genre anymore.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Woody Alien wrote:Is it true that every major girl in the game has a "stupid" sprite that appears only once in the game for each one of them? I remember from the top of my head Shizune's (°^°) face, Rin's (8u) face (one eye open, other one half-closed, mouth agape), and Emi's (°.°) face when imitating Misha/Shizune on the racetrack.
If so, can they be collected and shown somewhere?
(sorry for the stupid question)
It's not any kind of an easter egg or calculated thing. The reason the more exaggerated, cartoonish expressions are rare is that they rarely fit the narrative, and the director is not a fan of them in general. Some artists drew some really silly expressions for the sprites, which obviously were not used in the game, just our own amusement.