Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kyvos

Re: Ask!

Post by Kyvos »

What happened to the Shimmie? It doesn't seem to be working any more. On that note, the "Don't worry, it's just a game" picture that usually goes at the top of the page seems to be missing, too.
Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
100% get!
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

It looks like shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com has gotten mapped to dl.katawa-shoujo.com for some reason.
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

Here's a question about Molly:

I know she's a... background character to the game itself (if that), but she seems to be popular in fanfics, so I was wondering, what club do you think she would be in? She's got the same problem as Emi (DBK amputee), but for some reason, I can't picture her being on the Track team... She seems like the nerdy type, so maybe an astronomy club?
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

And the "reply with quote" button seems to be invisible
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Works for me. I use Firefox.
If the problem persists, the Support forum would probably be a better location to solve it.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The forum style is broken because the image resources and stuff are stored on the shimmie subdomain, which got inadvertedly broken during a recent thing we did to the server to try to get it not melt weekly under the traffic we get. We're working on fixing it.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kitsune Spirit wrote:Here's a question about Molly:

I know she's a... background character to the game itself (if that), but she seems to be popular in fanfics, so I was wondering, what club do you think she would be in? She's got the same problem as Emi (DBK amputee), but for some reason, I can't picture her being on the Track team... She seems like the nerdy type, so maybe an astronomy club?
Who knows. We always were flippant about this kind of superfluous information because we recognize how useless it is. Many "canon" things about KS's setting are a complete whim of one or two devs that none of us actually gives any fucks about (for instance, the names of the students in Hisao's class). As for another example, the height/weight/bust/hip/waist measurements for the girls on the KS site were randomized every time the page was loaded for a long long time. I could answer your question with the first thing that comes to my mind, but it's meaningless information.

Choir club.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Too relate-able.
Crop Circle Club?
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Kitsune Spirit

Post by Kitsune Spirit »

Thanks for the answer Aura... I think. Though the way you put it sounds kinda depressing. lol
Alexizonfire

Post by Alexizonfire »

Sorry if it has been asked before but i'll ask anyway...
Has there been any talk of a possible follow up or sequel, or any official KS related release from you guys?
Just letting you know, id pay for another game like this, it has touched me, truly, can't say im a very emotive guy, but this... wow.
Fiandra

Post by Fiandra »

Alexizonfire wrote:Sorry if it has been asked before but i'll ask anyway...
Has there been any talk of a possible follow up or sequel, or any official KS related release from you guys?
Just letting you know, id pay for another game like this, it has touched me, truly, can't say im a very emotive guy, but this... wow.
The FAQ said no.
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
@Ygdrasel wrote:All's fair in poop and war.
-Insert favorite KS girls here-
teh twitter
teh steem
Alexizonfire

Post by Alexizonfire »

Fiandra wrote:
Alexizonfire wrote:Sorry if it has been asked before but i'll ask anyway...
The FAQ said no.
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Well that's too bad...
Sorry for bothering.
JohnWalker

Post by JohnWalker »

If there is not going to be a sequel/remake etc then why not put it under CC BY-NC
Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0

You are free:

to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

JohnWalker wrote:If there is not going to be a sequel/remake etc then why not put it under CC BY-NC
Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0

You are free:

to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
Because we don't want to give a carte blanche for derivatives of KS, specifically (but not limited to) these two kinds: potentially shitty ports of KS to other platforms that might be substantially worse experience for the reader, and other works ripping off assets from KS, be it "sequels" or unrelated things. For us, the easiest way to do it is to use the No Derivatives license. In practice, we of course allow almost every derivative work, there even are subforums here dedicated to them.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Is the shimmie down again?
or are the forums just glitching out?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.