Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Helbereth wrote:I read somewhere that the 4LS members gather at Mount Rushmore every year to hold an annual no-holds-barred orgy. Is that true?

No, I'm not being serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Okay, in keeping with the thread title, I'll ask an actual question (that isn't a joke); have the 4LS members ever considered meeting up someplace? In person, I mean. You spent years working on this game without ever meeting beyond forums and such, so I wonder if you've ever considered setting up a date to actually meet the people with whom you worked so diligently - if only to share a few bottles of whiskey, trade war stories, and maybe go on a pantie-raid at a local college.
Sure it's a nice idea, but it's impractical and expensive as hell to get ALL of us together, so much so that it's unlikely to ever happen. Some of us have met up, on several occasions, most recently a few got together at Anime Expo in Los Angeles in June, and I'm sure small scale stuff like that will keep happening in the future too when opportunities present themselves.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

In what order do the routes end, chronologically speaking? I know Shizune's has to come latest and Hanako's is probably first, but I'm totally lost on the others. I may or may not want to know this for fanfiction purposes.
foquine

Post by foquine »

Hi there! I think this the right topic to ask questions, right?
First, when you get the good endings, what is the song playing? I can't identify it (Maybe I'm dumb..)

Second, how was the music recorded? Was it played in a studio with microphones or generated by some kind of software? Which software was used for this?

Thanks in advance for answers!
sneakysmooth

Post by sneakysmooth »

Why is the DLL gone from the downloads page?
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

sneakysmooth wrote:Why is the DLL gone from the downloads page?
I haven't even been able to access the homepage the last couple of weeks. :(
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
tonydxcal

Post by tonydxcal »

are you guys going to be making a mobile version of the game? because that would be really cool because i hate having to carry around my laptop everywhere if i wanna play KS on the go. i was just thinking a mobile version would be convenient for most.
misterprinny

Post by misterprinny »

tonydxcal wrote:are you guys going to be making a mobile version of the game? because that would be really cool because i hate having to carry around my laptop everywhere if i wanna play KS on the go. i was just thinking a mobile version would be convenient for most.
Before Hivemind's head explodes, I'm just going to leave this here...
Suriko wrote:Q: I want to port KS to a different platform, what do you think about it?
A: The answer is no. Don't bother asking. Additionally, don't talk about it here.
deltaedit: In case you have severe brain damage and need it spelled out, yes this also applies to Android.
Head Editor at Stewart-Class 7 Studios, an OELVN studio similar to 4LS. Please check out our blog and website and our forums.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Doomish wrote:In what order do the routes end, chronologically speaking? I know Shizune's has to come latest and Hanako's is probably first, but I'm totally lost on the others. I may or may not want to know this for fanfiction purposes.
Can't remember the correct order, but I think it's Hanako-Emi-Rin-Lilly-Shizune (or at least close).
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

foquine wrote:Hi there! I think this the right topic to ask questions, right?
First, when you get the good endings, what is the song playing? I can't identify it (Maybe I'm dumb..)

Second, how was the music recorded? Was it played in a studio with microphones or generated by some kind of software? Which software was used for this?

Thanks in advance for answers!
Dunno what you mean by identifying, but the credit roll theme is Romance in Andante, it's the track number 1-22 on the soundtrack.

The music was digitally composed, mostly in FL studio.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

sneakysmooth wrote:Why is the DLL gone from the downloads page?
The guys who were hosting the DDL mirrors couldn't anymore, so until we happen by someone else willing to host it, it's down.
Polartec239

Post by Polartec239 »

Wondering here if you have any plans for the future. Katawa Shoujo had such great visuals and a captivating storyline, and many of us would love to see more work released. Perhaps a sequel, perhaps Katawa could be released commercially?

Any info you could give us?
Bluecoolman

Post by Bluecoolman »

I REALLY want a physical copy of the artbooks. Will they ever be on sale, Or possibly brought to another convention?
Game Completion: 59%
Completed: Lilly Hanako Emi
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Polartec239 wrote:Wondering here if you have any plans for the future. Katawa Shoujo had such great visuals and a captivating storyline, and many of us would love to see more work released. Perhaps a sequel, perhaps Katawa could be released commercially?

Any info you could give us?

a;sdkfja;slkjdf;lasdkjf;lajks;dlfj Reading comprehension, brochacho.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Crashmaster

Post by Crashmaster »

Holy crap, this thread is still active?
I remember reading it a couple of days after the game came out...
Anyways, I remember Rin saying something about the blind kid in the art club and how he painted because he couldn't, or something along those lines. Due to complications (i.e. My laptop cord being destroyed and having to restart the game on my desktop) I can't find this quote myself, nor on google, but I want to use it in an English project about meaningful quotes. Do you know what line I'm talking about, and if so do you know what the quote was?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Passage slightly shortened:
Act I, Thursday, Scene: Things you can do wrote:rin "There is this boy."
rin "At the art club."
rin "He is blind."
hi "Oh. How can you paint if you are blind?"
rin "No idea."
hi "So why is he there?"
rin "That's the point. He is there."
rin "He can't really do anything that you'd call art, right? But he comes there anyway. And paints."
rin "He doesn't paint often but I think his paintings are very interesting."
hi "I'm sure they are."
rin "But that boy is interesting."
rin "Maybe I am like that boy, or maybe you are. Maybe everyone is."
rin "Doing things you can't do, just because you can."
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.