Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Ask!

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'm not sure if Aura will answer all of these questions, but what I can tell you is that he is male :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I'm not sure if Aura will answer all of these questions, but what I can tell you is that he is male :-)
Pics or it didn't happen
Kielox

Post by Kielox »

Oh, my bad, still, the questions are pertinent, I should stop judging gender by avatars :)
King of a hundred horsemen.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Episcia wrote:
rayshizzle21010 wrote:Hi i just finished every ending to this AMAZING game and i know you probably get this a lot but is there going to be more visual novel up and coming like KS or is this it.
It's in the FAQ. As much as everybody wants more VNs from 4LS, they're not planning anything sadly. Ah, well.
The "as a unified entity" is a big qualifier. Some stuff is happening behind the scenes from KS devs.
blod09

Post by blod09 »

Suriko wrote:
Episcia wrote:
rayshizzle21010 wrote:Hi i just finished every ending to this AMAZING game and i know you probably get this a lot but is there going to be more visual novel up and coming like KS or is this it.
It's in the FAQ. As much as everybody wants more VNs from 4LS, they're not planning anything sadly. Ah, well.
The "as a unified entity" is a big qualifier. Some stuff is happening behind the scenes from KS devs.
You just threw a huge bone to the community, and I realy hope that whatever it is you're planning will come to be eventualy =]
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

"Boner"
Guest90206

Post by Guest90206 »

Suriko wrote:Some stuff is happening behind the scenes from KS devs.
Hanabro to the end.
Rikabro

Post by Rikabro »

Suriko wrote:The "as a unified entity" is a big qualifier. Some stuff is happening behind the scenes from KS devs.
Oh boy, here we go...
Writer for Familiarity. I also have an anime blog.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Maybe it has something to do with that thing that delta tweeted way back when oh I can't remember.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Anxa

Post by Anxa »

Suriko wrote: Some stuff is happening behind the scenes from KS devs.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Sorry to kill the buzz, but I'm pretty damn sure what the other devs are doing has nothing to do with KS.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Boa152

Post by Boa152 »

Suriko wrote:
Oh Suriko always teasing us ever so slightly. :wink:
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kielox wrote:Rin Q's: I think I read somewhere that Rin's path was written by Aura so I guess the Qs are for her.

When I completed Lilly's path I thought that nothing can possibly top that but I was so wrong - Rin's path completely blew me away! She is one of the most interesting, intriguing and complex characters that I have encountered in any form of literature and I thank you for creating her. I was most struck by the fact that even though she is a person of extreme paradoxes, she has an integrity to her character that makes her existence entirely believable... Anyhow, I am digressing too much. On to the questions (obviously major spoilers, so if you haven't read through the path that you wrote please stop reading now): When they talk about Rin's need to paint she says that painting is her only way of reaching out to people, of showing them what she is all about. I am wondering, whether she agreed to do that whole art thing because she wanted to reach to Hisao (but it all went terribly wrong), who convinced her to do it in the first place, or was it a more undefined way to reach out to people in general; or did she just feel the need to do it, like artists do. I guess this is open to interpretation but it would be nice to get yours. Also, connected to that, I keep wondering whether she ends up becoming an artist or, now that she finds herself in a way, she stops needing that way of expressing herself and does something completely different? Finally, all of this discussion on art was very interesting and revealing, there were a lot of truths there that I have rarely thought about. What was the inspiration for it (ie any films, books, etc or is it personal xp?). Finally, where does Rin come from in terms of characterisation? - she is entirely original, as I have not encountered any character in any book I've read that is remotely comparable to her (in the way that other KS characters invariably follow some recognizable patterns) so is she a figment of your imagination? I know, stupid question, it's like asking where does creativity come from :) Anyhow, enough, feel free to ignore any or all of these question, in a way they are helping me to make sense of Rin's experience so some of them have already been answered without an answer... Thank you for making me feel alive, it's been a while! Finally, I offer a quote that is very fitting to Rin's path: "Unexpected intrusions of beauty. That's what life is." Saul Bellow

K.
I generally don't like to offer my own interpretations, especially of a character who is meant to be somewhat of a conundrum, but I think Rin's decision to go ahead with the exhibition had to do with a lot of things for her, not just her relationship with hisao, or her path as an artist. Also you can't really stop being an artist, not even if you quit being one. I can't really make a list of things that have or could have influenced the portrayal of art in Rin's path, but of course there's been many things, from the Blake poem Nomiya quotes to what I remember of feeling or thinking about art when l was Rin's age. Rin is, of course, a figment of my imagination, but my imagination doesn't exist in a vacuum. All the things I've ever experienced have influenced that, maybe some more and some less or not at all, but like before, it's not easy to point out the specific sources of inspiration, if any, that made Rin come alive.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Kielox

Post by Kielox »

Thank you, I am happy with that answer!
King of a hundred horsemen.
PokeHacker

Post by PokeHacker »

Hey FLS, I won't bother droning on about how amazing KS is since you probably get a lot of that, but I really think it's quite amazing how you all managed to come together, communicate, work together and make such a beautiful and fun piece of work for us all to read and enjoy. Thank you all sincerely; it made my month (not 'day'!) having KS to play through.
On a side note, I was playing through Act 1 again (for the umpteenth time!) and I came across what I think is a grammatical error, although probably little can be done about it now KS has been released!
It is a scene in Act 1 where Hisao is talking to Miki on the school's sports field somewhere, and it reads: (Hisao):'We both look back out to the field were the guys are playing.'
Shouldn't the 'were' be a 'where'? I'm no English expert, but I think that's right. Sorry if it is, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's probably not a big problem. Anyway, thanks again for such a great VN Aura & Co.!
There should be a Hanako admiration club.