Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Scum wrote:Has anyone read any other visual novels after releasing KS, and if so, which ones?
I read Forest a few months back. I haven't read many visual novels in a couple of years now. Nothing seems to catch my interest.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
yummines

Post by yummines »

Aura i noticed at around the time a demo was released it was put on Fakku and you had a Q & A thread. Was this game going to be more oriented with sex scenes to appeal to the h-game demographic, or did it always have so much feels and actually not even be that explicit?

Also have you seen any Katawa Shoujo doujinshi before?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

yummines wrote:Aura i noticed at around the time a demo was released it was put on Fakku and you had a Q & A thread. Was this game going to be more oriented with sex scenes to appeal to the h-game demographic, or did it always have so much feels and actually not even be that explicit?

Also have you seen any Katawa Shoujo doujinshi before?
To the first question: In the game's infancy it was going to have a lot more sex. By the time we did the Fakku thread things were a lot closer to the way the final game turned out, but the folks at Fakku were interested and we figured at the time that a little Q & A wouldn't hurt. We always figured our potential audience was a lot smaller, and unsurprisingly the demographics between 'people who normally play VNs' and 'people who frequent Fakku' are pretty similar. The fact that a bunch of other people found the game later on, well, that's one of those things that happened unexpectedly.

As for the second question, I'm pretty sure there's some pages of some kinda KS comic on the shimmie that involves Misha growing a dick. Don't quote me on that, I only half pay attention to most of the stuff on the shimmie.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

TheHivemind wrote:As for the second question, I'm pretty sure there's some pages of some kinda KS comic on the shimmie that involves Misha growing a dick. Don't quote me on that, I only half pay attention to most of the stuff on the shimmie.
Indeed. I remember reading that one. Unfortunately, it was quite disturbing. Safe to say I'm never googling futanari again.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:I understand that there was a lot of stuff thrown out over the course of KS's development. Are there any ideas or plot points that were ultimately rejected, but that you miss?
The stuff that got thrown out was thrown out for a reason, so I can't really miss it except for some comic nostalgia for the more bizarre stuff. We were just digging through our old texts yesterday with some 4LS devs and laughing our asses off at how bad they were.
To follow this up, what was the most off the wall idea to get shot down?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Otakumon wrote:
Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:I understand that there was a lot of stuff thrown out over the course of KS's development. Are there any ideas or plot points that were ultimately rejected, but that you miss?
The stuff that got thrown out was thrown out for a reason, so I can't really miss it except for some comic nostalgia for the more bizarre stuff. We were just digging through our old texts yesterday with some 4LS devs and laughing our asses off at how bad they were.
To follow this up, what was the most off the wall idea to get shot down?

Hanako Punch.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

cpl_crud wrote:Hanako Punch.
Not sure if fruit drink or Captain Falcon. :?
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote: Not sure if fruit drink or Captain Falcon. :?
It's the latter.
There's in thing in Cruddy's blog about it somewhere.
It was a bad end where Hanako killed Hisao with a well-aimed shove or something.
That being said, I'd like some more of the context behind what caused it.
Eraser35

Post by Eraser35 »

Brogurt wrote:
It's the latter.
It was a bad end where Hanako killed Hisao with a well-aimed shove or something.
so something like the death punch from Kill Bill
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

Eraser35 wrote:
Brogurt wrote:
It's the latter.
so something like the death punch from Kill Bill
Or alternatively
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Zerero

Post by Zerero »

Is there a donation/donate option/function implemented?

I could probably word that better, but I think you get my meaning.
Favorite girl: Lilly

Great game, too many feels.

Lilly>Hanako=Emi>Shizune>Rin
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Zerero wrote:Is there a donation/donate option/function implemented?

I could probably word that better, but I think you get my meaning.
No.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
rayshizzle21010

Post by rayshizzle21010 »

Hi i just finished every ending to this AMAZING game and i know you probably get this a lot but is there going to be more visual novel up and coming like KS or is this it.
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

rayshizzle21010 wrote:Hi i just finished every ending to this AMAZING game and i know you probably get this a lot but is there going to be more visual novel up and coming like KS or is this it.
It's in the FAQ. As much as everybody wants more VNs from 4LS, they're not planning anything sadly. Ah, well.
Kielox

Post by Kielox »

Rin Q's: I think I read somewhere that Rin's path was written by Aura so I guess the Qs are for her.

When I completed Lilly's path I thought that nothing can possibly top that but I was so wrong - Rin's path completely blew me away! She is one of the most interesting, intriguing and complex characters that I have encountered in any form of literature and I thank you for creating her. I was most struck by the fact that even though she is a person of extreme paradoxes, she has an integrity to her character that makes her existence entirely believable... Anyhow, I am digressing too much. On to the questions (obviously major spoilers, so if you haven't read through the path that you wrote please stop reading now): When they talk about Rin's need to paint she says that painting is her only way of reaching out to people, of showing them what she is all about. I am wondering, whether she agreed to do that whole art thing because she wanted to reach to Hisao (but it all went terribly wrong), who convinced her to do it in the first place, or was it a more undefined way to reach out to people in general; or did she just feel the need to do it, like artists do. I guess this is open to interpretation but it would be nice to get yours. Also, connected to that, I keep wondering whether she ends up becoming an artist or, now that she finds herself in a way, she stops needing that way of expressing herself and does something completely different? Finally, all of this discussion on art was very interesting and revealing, there were a lot of truths there that I have rarely thought about. What was the inspiration for it (ie any films, books, etc or is it personal xp?). Finally, where does Rin come from in terms of characterisation? - she is entirely original, as I have not encountered any character in any book I've read that is remotely comparable to her (in the way that other KS characters invariably follow some recognizable patterns) so is she a figment of your imagination? I know, stupid question, it's like asking where does creativity come from :) Anyhow, enough, feel free to ignore any or all of these question, in a way they are helping me to make sense of Rin's experience so some of them have already been answered without an answer... Thank you for making me feel alive, it's been a while! Finally, I offer a quote that is very fitting to Rin's path: "Unexpected intrusions of beauty. That's what life is." Saul Bellow

K.
King of a hundred horsemen.