And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

newnar

Re: LILLYS ENDING MAN

Post by newnar »

To reduce effects of feels, we recommend 5 doses/playthrough. +5 if it's lilly's arc.

Plasma_Jesus

Post by Plasma_Jesus »

I liked the use of the music box, plus I always imagined it playing this delightful little theme

which is a little weird in the context from the movie, but Ennio Morricone's music can work anywhere.
TRUE Force. All the king's men cannot put it back together again...yes, I'm saying that we should take Australia...
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Oh hell.

I'm a guy, and I'm not ashamed to say that I've been crying for about the last half hour straight, ever since Lilly told Hisao she'd be going back to Scotland I was just "Ah damnshit, I was trying to get the good ending HOW I GO WRONG???"

I had tears streaming down my face when she left with Akira for the airport, and I was sure that the story was going to end when Hisao and Hanako walked back to the dormatories... then it didn't and I had some hope... then he reminises with the paper crane and I figured that it was just a cruel tweak by the author "You should've done this lol". Then he ran for the airport, and I figured at this stage, he HAD to meet her again and love would find a way. Then he collapses and she apparently doesn't see him, and I figured I'd gotten the terrible ending and he was gonna die. Then he recovered and I figured she MUST'VE noticed, either that or it was some kind of loop thing - starts in a hospital, ends in a hospital kinda thing.

And oh Jesus, when the music box started to play... I was so, so relieved.

Although I gotta say, it is a bit of a mindfuck, leading you on so far that you've taken the neutral ending before turning things around at the last minute.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

the first time I went got through lilly's route, while hisao is rushing to the airport and looks up one last time and blacks out, the ending slow down of "friendship" had just started. timing couldn't have been more perfect. as hisao's sight started to fade...the music also faded out. TOTALLY blew my mind, set the mood. it was incredible.
Luke

Post by Luke »

*Few Spoilerz within*
The second route I played, this one hooked me from the start just from how stunning I found Lilly and the almost dare I say adorable way she worked around being blind. As things progressed I found myself more and more draw into her, how kind and sweet she was, polite, but not stuck up. For my life I couldn't think of a bad quality. Then as it got further along and I found out about her trip I felt so debunked, like things are really in trouble now. Somewhere inside, I hoped, prayed Hisao would do something, ANYTHING, but as he waved goodbye right beside Hanako...did nothing...said nothing... I grew angry, and terribly sad.
Suddenly when he decided "Fuck that! I have to say SOMETHING" I was like FUCK YES HISAO, GO TO HER GO MAN! GOOOOO! And as he ran to her in all that excitement and he began to feel pains in his chest, I started slamming my fists on the desk and yelled for him. "GO GOD DAMN IT, I BELIEVE IN YOOOOOOOOU! GOOOOOOO" THEN HE PASSED OUT, YELLING AS MUCH AS HE COULD, AND I JUST LOST ALL CONTROL OF MY MANLINESS, AND WEPT, OH GOD HOW I WEPT! BUT AS I REALIZED IT WASN'T ENTIRELY OVER AND GOD DAMN IT THAT BOX, AND LILLY'S EMBRACE JUST FUCKING JEEZUS IGOTTAGOPUNCHSOMETHIN

*Ahem* Needless to say, I agree with the original poster of this thread :P
But seriously, fantastic ending, my favorite and certainly one of the best.
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

I got the neutral ending first and was so depressed by it I just gave up and went to bed. The next day when I got up I went back and replayed trying to get the good ending. I was so disappointed when it looked like I had the bad end again but then it continued so I figured it was going to get better. Then Hisao goes after her and I'm positive it's going to get better... heart attack. After I finished the good ending I just went back to bed and cried myself to sleep.

Prior to this I've gotten choked up a bit at various sad stories but never full on cried, it's a testament to their skill that I cried after playing through this.
kingshivan

Post by kingshivan »

That music box...

Awesomely beautiful.

Hisao is now a paragon of manliness, imo. Real men don't let a little thing like fate or heart attacks get in the way. Real men DIE TRYING. Even if you don't make it... what was your life for if you didn't try?
asakayosapro

Post by asakayosapro »

I didn't know KS had an embedded minigame..

Katawa Kart 5: Airport Dash!

...it just had to be done.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

kingshivan wrote:That music box...

Awesomely beautiful.

Hisao is now a paragon of manliness, imo. Real men don't let a little thing like fate or heart attacks get in the way. Real men DIE TRYING. Even if you don't make it... what was your life for if you didn't try?
^All of this! Manly picnic was just Hisao's training!

I also agree with the original post! FFMMMMMNNNNNNNN!!! Although my reaction at the time of playing it was ----> :cry:
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

GO FOR IT HISAO
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Post by Guest »

Someone, hug me, please. I cried myself to sleep yesterday after the good ending not because of all the emotions, but rather because a girl I got to love is a fictional character and we'll never meet IRL. Never expected a vn to be this real. I'm so pitiful :cry:
I gotta force myself now to play through other routes, probably won't do it in at least a couple of weeks, since Lilly just took my heart and it will take time to regain sanity. I wish she feels good in that imaginary plane of hers, with Hisao whom she really loves, they teach together in some school and have good healthy kids, and live happily ever after.
BAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW :cry: :cry: :cry:
hickwarrior

Post by hickwarrior »

Guest wrote:Someone, hug me, please. I cried myself to sleep yesterday after the good ending not because of all the emotions, but rather because a girl I got to love is a fictional character and we'll never meet IRL. Never expected a vn to be this real. I'm so pitiful :cry:
I gotta force myself now to play through other routes, probably won't do it in at least a couple of weeks, since Lilly just took my heart and it will take time to regain sanity. I wish she feels good in that imaginary plane of hers, with Hisao whom she really loves, they teach together in some school and have good healthy kids, and live happily ever after.
BAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW :cry: :cry: :cry:
Uuuh don't do it if you feel that strongly about it. For the time being, forget about KS.

EDIT: OT: when the dash happened, I was punching my chest where my heart is, wanting to punch out the feeling. Damn, that was something.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.

Post by Guest »

hickwarrior wrote:
Uuuh don't do it if you feel that strongly about it. For the time being, forget about KS.

EDIT: OT: when the dash happened, I was punching my chest where my heart is, wanting to punch out the feeling. Damn, that was something.
Thanks, bud. Appreciated.
Also, same goes for me. I even had to pause my reading for a couple of moments there before airport entrance due to slightly painful feel in my chest. "Dammit man, rush with care", I thought. Dammit, I gotta stop being that empathic towards fictional characters.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I actually felt depressed. Lilly is so much like my girlfreind that i was all shit. no. no. and then it turned around and I felt like crying tears of joy.
Now share the best experience. How did you get her or at least where did you find her?